The online racing simulator
About point 4,5 and 6, I am more thinking of enchanted damage modell to the cars, aswell as better suspension damage modell. Atm. it could also need some overhault at the clutch heating aswell as some more damage / random failure to the engine or something.

I know the devs does not work with timelimits and such, that's also why I pointed out the fact that since the game is getting better and better, it takes longer and longer time between the patches since they got the same rescources and people as before.

Well hooookay, so maybe lie is a strong word, let me rephrase it:
Show slome proof on what Eric has done for the last 3,4 years. It's allways "some good release this year" "We're working on things you do now, and thinks you does not know", "Eric has been working on some new stuff". The list is long, and I don't particually wants to hang out Eric, but all I see is emty words over, over, over and over again.

I am also aware that WIP. stuff the devs preferable want to keep secret, since if it gets removed people will bitch like **** about it. For example LX8 and Rallypacks.
HOWEVER, when it's taken almost 4 years now, they actually have to show some proof for their statements, or people won't belive them.
I won't belive the ordinary "working on some new stuff, but we canot go into details yet" before I actually see a picture or video about it.

I am in a really bitchy mood today, forgive me, but all the talk and no action from the devs, make the community dull.

Edit: And please not use that "I payed 12/24 bucks, I got my package" stuff again. It's not the money that is the problem, (I'v used my share of money on LFS). S2 has been worth every penny, but I am talking about the future, the damn S3, S4 and whatnot that might come - if ever.
You've got a big point with what you've said, I'd love to have something new to play with in a game I adore. And if one tells anyone else about huge stuff to come soon it better be soon. I've put another 12 pounds on my account 2 years ago, expecting a release at least at the end of 2009...

Maybe I was just lucky to have some more family business in the last 15+9 months, so I couldn't even think of playing, hence my mild mood.
However Ole (my son on some picture in the concept racing team thread) and I just started enjoying "racing" again, and we're going through any game I own. 1nsane, GTR2 and so forth. lfs as a pure racing title is not so interesting atm, but still fun for me whenever I've got an hour during his sleep.

LFS is not dead as long as
-people still enjoy playing it
-other sims prove to be either hellish expensive or dull after 10 minutes of playing.

Development may be dead or not, I really don't care. If [insert lfs update] doesn't come soon then I'll be happy to play s2, nkp, rf1 or 2 or other sims the CR family wanders off to.

And if you are bored Tor, just get your swedish girl in a plane and fly over to the snowy beautiful alps for some sledding or so :-)

greetz

der butz
Oh man lol, you still remember the Swe girl
Is like 2 years since we broke up lol.

But sure, gimme you adress and a time after marc when you have freetime, and we'll get Becky to join too. After march my service is over, and I am going to travvel a lot before signing up for a other 3 year contract

Off topic/

I agree with you. The game is NOT dead, but it canot last forever unless something new is bringed up at the table in the future
It's now two days since christmas passed, wecant has S3 this christmas
Quote from Guthix :It's now two days since christmas passed, wecant has S3 this christmas

unless the devs made a time machine!!!!

I'm in full agreement with everything TVE has said.

In all honesty (although I hope this isn't the case) I would be happier if the devs came out and called the project dead. I know it isn't.. but, if it was, it would certainly be the right thing to do over keeping quiet for a decade.
LFS needs a big facelift and fast. Everybody knows it. It needs to get updated faster and more often. Hopefully when the new physics get finished (honestly, I wonder if it ever will be done). Don't say I dont apprieciate everything the devs did, I bought the game and I had a lot of good times with it. My G27 is now covered in dust though. I'm an admin of a local community of drifters/racers, we had about 50 regular drivers 2-3 years ago. Now? I could count us with my fingers on one hand.
Most of the people on this forum do not have kids. Because of this, the development of the LFS is slower, the children all the time that you require, and you get distracted from work. I have no family and kids, but have a sister. Her 2 years, and when I stay with her one the house, me have to be distracted from the hotlap, to make sure that everything is in order. Strange rumors better not to listen to.
Your posts hardly make any sense...
Quote from Psysim :
I still stand by what I said, I have everything (and more) I was promised when I paid £24, anything else is a bonus?

£24 = ~$38. Idk about everywhere else, but for (rounding up here) $40 in the USA. I can purchase a game that has a full development team and regular updates/progress reports. I know LFS isnt as big as those games/companies. But a little simple mathematics can do some justification.

Saying 5000 people have bought S2, maybe more. $40*5000 people = $200,000. If the number of people is higher than obviously the amount of money they have made is higher too.

All in all, a little heads up here and there is what most of us are asking for, not a full in-depth play by play plan of the development of LFS.

Thanks for reading and Merry Christmas and Happy Coming New Year.

P.S. I do appreciate the work Scawen and team has done, just wish they were a little better on the communication side of things.
Quote from edge3147 :
Saying 5000 people have bought S2, maybe more. $40*5000 people = $200,000. If the number of people is higher than obviously the amount of money they have made is higher too.

Once you take the net profit (5000 sales does not equate to 5000 sales worth of profit), divide it by 3, divide it by the number of years LFS has been going and take out rent, bills, mortgage, whatever, you don't have a pot to piss in.
Quote from imthebestracerthereis :Lest we forget, Scawen is raising a family, too.

next time when you will be 3 years late with your work try to tell your boss you're raising a family, too. i'm just trying to say - it's not important
Quote from edge3147 :£24 = ~$38. Idk about everywhere else, but for (rounding up here) $40 in the USA. I can purchase a game that has a full development team and regular updates/progress reports.

Try iRacing for $40!
The most amusing part of this is the people that are still defending this and are trying to justify it. Just wow... They even have the guts to call people, "whiners". Ass licking much?

Before everyone gangs up on me, I do not EXPECT updates. I got what I paid for, and I am happy as I certainly got more than enough entertainment for those 24 pounds. However, I agree with Nuse that they should come out and say if the project is dead or has been put far down the list in their lives.

Having people wait for something that might never come out is just beyond silly. Also, I am sure this is not helping current and future sales - Doubt people would still want to invest in this game when they find threads like these on the official forums.
Quote from DevilDare :I got what I paid for, and I am happy as I certainly got more than enough entertainment for those 24 pounds. However, I agree with Nuse that they should come out and say if the project

For the amount of time I spent on LFS.. the money has been more than worth it.

And for plenty others.

It's not a money thing anymore. If it was, the devs could easily say hey.. help us out, if you pay we'll give you a few more content.

I would be more than willing to pay another $20+ to help development and help the community. And I know quite a few other people will too (not the first time I've said this either)

Even if you only get a thousand people to pay $20.. that's still $20k, which is the minimum to run a household of 3.. is a VERY considerable amount of change.

It's more than I make in a year right now.

They can suck money out of some of us; $20 isn't that much money to a lot of people that play this game. It's a small fee that can go a very, very long way.

I'm not saying that's what they will or should do, but even $5 from majority of the community (that's lunch money people), can make a big difference.

I have no problem giving up a little bit of my paycheck to help the development. I just need proof of development to justify a payment.
Maybe there are few good programmers / graphics that could be found through some contest if devs arent able to work on it these days.
Quote from XCNuse : I would be happier if the devs came out and called the project dead.

same here. I still like to race on a semi regular base, but this upkeeping of expectations is what I don't like. I once started using setups that explicitly didn't use loopholes that the current physics provide, expecting the new physics to be released soon. I have three skin project folders in my LFS folder, with WIP skins for the VWS. Dating back to 2008.

If they say, 'hey, we lost motivation, all do other work now, don't expect any patches from now on, but we keep the servers running for X years', thats perfectly okay. Then we know what we're up to. But atm I'm sort of expecting that the forum and the master server are shut down from one moment to the other. Which would kill the international community in one blow
Quote from Nadeo4441 :Your posts hardly make any sense...

You don't make any sense

And i doubt that the devs AKSHULLY made a time machine. Sucks
Quote from kart-36 :If I was in scawens shoes I wouldn't give you shit all. day in day out complaining even on Christmas. Bunch of ungrateful people saying what he should do and complaining that you don't get enough, get out more and don't worry so much about it.

I and others have been "getting out" almost every single day in the last coupla years. At this point, not releasing anything besides the physics update and the Sirocco is getting pretty curious. Understanding that the Sirocco's tied to physics; but what about the cockpit updates, and Rockingham for instance?

Quote from ACCAkut :atm I'm sort of expecting that the forum and the master server are shut down from one moment to the other. Which would kill the international community in one blow

That doesn't jive with the precedent Scavier's set so far. They are just taking one long ass detour, for whatever reasons.
Quote from Dandy Dust :Hi there!

Am I just having a Dejavu, or am I smelling cabbage here:

A BIG Chrstmass Surprise coming from the developers.

We'll see in about a year
Well as I also said, I do appreciate the work Scawen and team has done, just wish they were a little better on the communication side of things.

Little communication can be worth alot to keeping the player base and interest in the game.

It is a great game, just wish it was progressing much faster and a larger scale. It's definitely one of the best in my opinion.
Quote from cargame.nl :If you don't know whats going on, you are just badly informed.
So, one more time...
This was the posting of the year;
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1541272#post1541272
Okay?
This was the update last month;
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1658569#post1658569
Enough to put everything to rest.

3 pages back in a random thread isn't exactly "informing the community"

seriously though, thanks for pointing that out I would've never seen it otherwise.

But more importantly, the main page is what needs to see the updates, not the forum.
Quote from cargame.nl :If you don't know whats going on, you are just badly informed.
So, one more time...
This was the posting of the year;
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1541272#post1541272
Okay?
This was the update last month;
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1658569#post1658569
Enough to put everything to rest.

I wouldn't go as far as calling someone badly informed who doesn't bother scavenging developers birthday threads for information to understand what's the current state of the game. This is pretty much the only product I'm aware of that requires you to do such pitiful things. The patience of the fanbase never seizes to amaze though.

There isn't really anything new to discuss about the current state of LFS that hasn't been said a million times before. It still has the greatest potential of any sim out there to become the closest thing you can get to driving a virtual car on your computer. And that potential is being wasted as the years roll by one after another.

One can only dream of the day when the devs stop holding their creation as a "hostage" of stagnated development, and open it up either for the talented community to be modded, or license the physics engine to be used with other games.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG