The online racing simulator
I think it is pretty unprofessional not to give season greetings to LFS players or any progress report at all.
Maybe they will give us a surprise on the 1/1/12
There better be a suprise or well.... the devs are dropping the ball. No merry christmas, no report no nothing.
Quote from MoMo92i :there was STCC and Conedodgers, now we have AMG and cargame) and some closer and closer league. There are still some new comers So basically LFS IS still ALIVE.
!

In 2007 there was still STCC?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-diB65scQU&ob=av3n
Bunch of whiners, sad to see the Devs aren't even allowed to celebrate christmas with their families without posting a message to the community.. ungrateful sods.
R.i.p.
Quote from Eclipsed :That's true - we can see a lot of people in forums,mostly complaining about lack of progress with their last race finish more than year ago... Some even driven 10000km and saying they are tired from the same old stuff and want something new...

True +1
Quote from Stiggie :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-diB65scQU&ob=av3n
Bunch of whiners, sad to see the Devs aren't even allowed to celebrate christmas with their families without posting a message to the community.. ungrateful sods.

Quote from troy :bloody bunch of emos

First time I agree with a switzerianlandman AND someone from the land of the sinking sand!

1st Shut your whiny traps.
2nd go play, have fun!
3rd if you don't want to play lfs go play something else
4th I'm just enjoying the "old" content after over a year of not playing anything! If I'm bored with lfs I've got nkp. rbr, gtr2, gtl, minecraft and other stuff to play all day long.

greetz

der butz
@der butz: Amen!

Quote from der butz :nkp. rbr, gtr2, gtl, minecraft

Did not see that coming!
You forgot Skyrim and 3d Sex Villa (google that one lol) too.
Let's see what the new year is going to bring
Quote from The Very End :You forgot Skyrim and 3d Sex Villa (google that one lol) too.

i had the last a few years ago,its funny
So, can we a have a death skull avatar month now? Just for fun.

Special topic about the there-is-no-report-about-that-there-still-is-nothing-serious-going-on..

We can talk about the death, screaming R.I.P. all the time , moaning.. Even aggressive behavior maybe?

Will it help? No.
Hope for the best
I usually only call in now around xmas to see if a patch has been announced

Damn, ohh well, maybe something will happen in 12 months or so
Not even a Merry Christmas. I have great respect for LFS Devs but if I were them I would have atleast wished you all a Happy Holiday. I see no future for LFS as I think it has ended. I hope to God I am wrong. See you all again December 26th 2012.
I too find it rather.. well I wouldn't call it unprofessional, but not.. polite? I guess that's a proper word choice.

We didn't get a happy holidays every year; but it was always on Christmas Eve, and in the world we are in right now.. I know families that picked up everyone's phones, tablets etc. for Christmas so they'd spend family time; that's a good thing, but.. that's just where we are. I can't tell you how many hours I spent on my iPhone this weekend.

But enough about me; it is a rather courteous thing to send off cards and .. tell everyone you're not dead yet.

Where I work we signed only about 20 cards; but we had been receiving emails from head corporations for the past few weeks.

It's not difficult you guys, you and I are sitting here, reading this forum, and typing in words. It isn't a time consuming thing to do by any means.

I don't want anyone to think I'm getting over my head on this post, but .. lol I'll admit, if I'm bored and taking a poo, I'll probably be on my iPhone on my car forum reading and responding..

Everyone has time, it's just how you use it.

The Eric, Scawen, and Victor have the time, I promise you. That isn't the problem.
They just know something we don't, and for some reason won't let us know.

But I'm sure by now they are all back to full time jobs, and LFS has turned into a weekend project (for anyone to think a few bucks here and there will pay the bills.. well, you'll learn one day)
That's the only reason to how progress has slowed this much.

But I feel left in the dark on this pretty much.

And it sucks, because when I was younger and was actually an acting moderator I had a chance here and there to speak at least to Victor (just online of course) and never got the chance.
Don't know if I will ever get that chance again.
Maybe one day.

Happy holidays from across the pond to the south anyways.
if he doesn t want to release it, or not is able to release it. why does he bother to announce it?
it's certainly not serious to play with someone's hope, and it's been 3 years...

no one can deny that LFS is an excellent driving simulator. but no one can say LFS is perfect either. For those who love this simulator, they would like to see LFS getting better. not dying or getting weaker every day...

if somebody said something, and it never happens. it's a lie, isnt it?
hope and lie, for me, it's just a metter of time.
Quote from imthebestracerthereis :Lest we forget, Scawen is raising a family, too.

http://www.liveforspeed.net/s_photo/

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=41268

I can understand the fact that he is raising a family and may have a full time job, but even a progress report showing little to no progress is better than not responding at all. I know that if I were to just stop talking to the people in my team, they would all think that I have given up on it and have moved past it. I am hoping that is not the case here, but only Scawen, Victor and Eric know the answer to that.
Seems like a load of old moaning to me....

If you were given a progress report, you would whine that there's not a VWS or Rockingham. If you were given expectations you would be pissed off when you don't get your way. Maybe the devs learned from announcing the VWS and have chosen to say nothing.

Truth is, no matter what your given, its still not enough. Giving nothing is probably easier than putting up with all the moaning.

Happy Xmas to the devs, thank you for continuing to give me the content I originally paid for.
Still 3, soon 4 years and counting on making new tyre physics, holy god dajmn!

Not to mention following things that could have been done meanwhile:

1: Rallypack
2: Westhill update
3: Interior update to all cars
4: Damage modell overhault
5: Various damage calculation overhault, like clutch heating, susbension damage, engine damage and such
6: Fixing the various bugs for improved game value
7: Dual core support. Scawen stated that it would be around a month's of work
8: AI update

Just to mention some of them.

And I am perfectly aware that this is whining, but pointing the finger at obvious flaws in the development is not moaning, it's giving a constructive feedback. If the devs use them or not is not of mine concern, but I do use my right to give an statement/opinion every now and then.

Sure, was it nessesary? Probally not. But the thing that really, really goes into my mind is that Scawen let the whining kids win. Instead of listening on the constructive feedback they recive from their community, they chose to just shut down all communication due to some kids ragequitting the game.
It's not fair leaving the whole community out in the dark due to a minority of whiners.

If there is ever going to be a progress in the future, let alone S3 which more and more seems like a joke now, the devs have to start giving attention to the game and community, instead of screwing us over and ruining a great opertunity.

But again, if they have grown tired of their first child and wants new challenges, who am I to judge? I can't, and I will try not to, but all I am asking for is a honest answer, not the usually lie "We are working on very secret stuff, so secret we canot even take a picture of it, write about it or talk about it".
Since we're comming longer and longer into the development, the quality is allways raised for each release, meaning it will take longer time to release the next release with the tools and workforce they have, but again - speaking with us does not require a master degree in anything, it just needs a little goodwill and friendliness to a divided - but lovely community.

Edit:
Oh, and no, did not forgot the baby seal, poor fellow
TVE, did you forget the baby seal?
Quote :4: Damage modell overhault
5: Various damage calculation overhault, like clutch heating, susbension damage, engine damage and such
6: Fixing the various bugs for improved game value

4 and 5 to me almost equate to the same thing. http://www.lfs.net/ Version 0.6b - Improved autocross editor, Safer collision system - Many more fixes and improvements.

I think it was explained in a progress report that Scawen had come across unforeseen issues which had delayed the new tyre physics.

Correct me if I am wrong, most of these issues were given no actual timescale? no promises were ever made? Even "7: Dual core support. Scawen stated that it would be around a month's of work" is saying it could be done in a month, not it WILL be done in a month.

I still stand by what I said, I have everything (and more) I was promised when I paid £24, anything else is a bonus?

Quote :not the usually lie "We are working on very secret stuff, so secret we canot even take a picture of it, write about it or talk about it".

You get given progress reports, its not strictly true that everything's some big secret. [Click Here for a big secret lie] Calling something a lie without some proof that the dev's are sitting back, having a laugh at your expense is not going to help motivation, the comment is counter-productive to the aim of your post?

This whole thread smacks of 'Screw you Santa, I asked for a red bike'

Again, happy Xmas!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG