The online racing simulator
Never seen such a bad organising like this..
Hi, Teppo gave me a charge of this League.

I have seen that there was a bad organizisation, I'll help it

A new administartion team:
Antti Terho (Speed Senna)
Cameron Corns (Cornys)
Teppo Rinne (teppo.jr)
Jonathon Provost (jonathon.provost) SGP provides a very good server by J.Provost

We are continuing this league... DON'T LET IT DIE, PLEASE!

Next round happens in 9.12.2011 FZR/XRR on KY1R

You're welcomed to be there

PS: INFORMATION AND RULES CHANGES WILL BE POSTED IN 2ND POST!
Quote from moffer :Very Bad organization.
I crashed lap3. Used Shift+S and wanted rejoin. and i cant... Very bad...

Actually it was turn 3! And it was a collision with me,after you screamed for baning me,you just saw my car going right on you,but you didn't see why,but it hinder you to request ban for me and call me noob etc. So please next time keep your silly fingers off keyboard before knowing all facts,ok,dude?

Also,if someone interested about funny things - check my pit entrance at lap 28! After being collected by controlless jacob's car (again),my car jumped over pitwall and I could fix it in pits very fast!

I won't say anything about organization (never had any optimistic thoughts even before it,to be honest),a lot has been said already,was driving just for fun and practice anyway.

Oh,right,just in case if noone has: da em-pee-arr
Well not surprised, as this is first time and you had your glitches. After some first 5-6 laps of mayhem race settled into a tranquil mode with only 15 people left. Actually I expected much worse. It went better than I expected. One good thing about FO8 is you cant floor it at the start, so I think so the field naturally panned out.
Agree - didn't expect much, so I enjoyed it.

A bit more rules to get control during the race over bad racing behaviour and it will be better.

PLEASE DON'T ALLOW DRAFTING DURING QUALI! With a big field it pulls too many racers on top of each other and two drivers drafting prevent a solo qualifier from getting a decent quali in... and making quali crashes likely.

Quali was a chaotic free for all...

Was nice to see a lot of the serious LFSW hotlappers doing well in the race, 4 of the world top 10 ended in the top 10 of the race...
Very crazy race for me with a good result at the end (5th). Thanks pfH daf for helping me at qualy with draft and Provost for a good race. I was hit by safety car (teppo) on T1 , that was a very wtf? moment for me.
Thanks teppo but seriously, you need help with administration. And several drivers need more practice in oval racing. See you next race. Bye.
-
(Speed Senna) DELETED by Speed Senna
Quote from Speed Senna :- QUALIFYING WILL BE 1 LAP SOLO

Just one lap? You gotta be kidding... FZR can't even reach it's full potential at it's first hotlap...
We will be saved of bumping and other cheating... impossible to improve all, sorry.

Qualifying will be 1 lap solo.
[QUOTE=Speed Senna;1659399]
u will be in practise :-)?
Normally there are given 2 hotlaps.
No, i will not be
okay people want to practise and race sunday sign up please
Quote from Eclipsed :Normally there are given 2 hotlaps.

Oh, i forgot that, rules will be updated:
2 HOTLAPS
Points standings will be posted in 1-7 days.
Quote from Eclipsed :Actually it was turn 3! And it was a collision with me,after you screamed for baning me,you just saw my car going right on you,but you didn't see why,but it hinder you to request ban for me and call me noob etc. So please next time keep your silly fingers off keyboard before knowing all facts,ok,dude?

Also,if someone interested about funny things - check my pit entrance at lap 28! After being collected by controlless jacob's car (again),my car jumped over pitwall and I could fix it in pits very fast!

I won't say anything about organization (never had any optimistic thoughts even before it,to be honest),a lot has been said already,was driving just for fun and practice anyway.

Oh,right,just in case if noone has: da em-pee-arr

No, i crashed again lap 3. And then i used shift+s and that was end of the race

And yeah, sorry for calling noob and so on. Watched repay and saw that somebody else pushed you

In the race it feels like you coming just full speed and crashing everybody who front of you :P
Quote from Speed Senna :We will be saved of bumping and other cheating... impossible to improve all, sorry.

Qualifying will be 1 lap solo.

bumping is no cheating if it is not prohibited.

Quote from Eclipsed :Normally there are given 2 hotlaps.

well... NASCAR gives you two laps, IndyCar takes a 4 lap average and iRacing takes the best of 4 flying laps... normal is subject to the definition
anyways 2 seems good. And is it gonna be like, when one starts hotlap another racer is called from pits in a sequential manner etc? or is it free for all?
as far as I seen from replay, all crashes were cause by one person, dont wanna say name...
crashing on purpose safety car after leaving pits, every turn touching (crashing) cars around him, driving 290 kmph through pits, after that full speed ram safety car... this could be great event without people like that...

omg this is amazing, look 28:09, one car rams safety car, safety car.... (one of my favourites)
I just saw the replay. Wth? I think the whole event might have been even decent if that one person was avoided. 90% crashes by him Kept pitting and restarting. And I think shift+p was not disabled after lap 5. So this person was continuing his wreck-rampage inspite of being 30 laps behind leader.

Today quali was a mayhem. With the new quali rule and hopefully no intentional crashers, I have hope for a good fun series ahead
Sounds so much better already

As a note - that certain driver that caused all the crashes wouldn't have raced if quali was solo, as he just had a lucky quali - which is another reason why I am so against drafting during quali. Prove yourself on your own and draft during the race. What an idiot, he would've been banned during any informal race. Maybe he is just a stupid noob (inexprience is okay, noobness is not), otherwise he is a crasher. He crashed the safety car twice, second time nearly destroyed it after a 276kph dash through the pits, shortcut?!

And that certain driver that first crashed out his team mate and then left the pit from the exit, and drove in the wrong direction, PFFFT!

Please emphasise some basic oval racing rules:

1) Pass on inside
2) Don't block inside lane
3) Don't stand on the racing line
4) Don't move after a crash - a moving chicane is impossible to avoid, wait for everybody to pass
5) Get off the racing line when faster drivers approach
6) Read the Clean Racing Rules FFS
Quote from Jettascuba :Sounds so much better already
As a note - that certain driver that caused all the crashes wouldn't have raced if quali was solo, as he just had a lucky quali -

That explains it, I was amazed to see him in top 40% of grid. IMO he should have been banned/kicked during race, but then again its difficult to take such decisions without replay.
Also this was his first ever Oval race in his career, all cars put together

Quote from Jettascuba :

2) Don't block inside lane

Yes I was astounded to see our hero blocking inside lane even for blue flag. In Oval racing we have to follow what John Nash said in terms of doing what is best for oneself and the community. We can draft and progress together instead of blocking inside lane.
Quote from Eclipsed :my car jumped over pitwall and I could fix it in pits very fast!

LOL! Rony you were extremely lucky in this case!!
1) You got straight away into pits
2) Even better, for a moment your car was caught between the small gap in the 2 pit walls. In some weird physics (which sometimes happens at high speeds in LFS) your car passed through the wall and u were inside pit LOL! That was epic!!. Else you cud have stuck in no mans land. You used teleportation hack :P. But seriously, unlucky for you dude, you were affected twice

And did u see the car that hit you, from your perspective (highlighted in Red), flying at 100 meters in the air ?? lol Epic scenes
Attached images
ort.JPG
Updated Information.

Oval Racing Trophy 2011
(386 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG