The online racing simulator
Round 2: FBM @ BL11CR - 12.11.2011

Track: Blackwood Historic Chicane Reverse (BL11CR)
Date and time: 12 November 2011 - 17:00 UTC Qualifying 16.30 UTC
Car: Formula BMW (FBM)
Race Style: Mid-length race
Server: v\ Nations World League
Password will be sent out to all the team managers.

Quick recap of the race style:
Mid-length race
A single race with 20 minute hardcore qualifying session. It is time based and is 1,5 hours worth of racing. There is a mandatory pitstop which can't be skipped

1,5 hours of racing is solved in the following manner:
We set the race length to 2 hours, and when the clock reaches 1,5 we add one more lap to the leader's lap count, so basically it is woth of 1,5 hours + 1 lap.

Hardcore qualifying :
Shift + P and Shift + S is disabled throughout the qualifying. Anyone using it may not continue the qualifying session.

Confirmation topic is not yet opened.
Attached files
BL1Y_World_Cup.lyt - 2.3 KB - 270 views
#2 - Litro
With take over or without?
Quote from Kristi :
1,5 hours of racing is solved in the following manner:
We set the race length to 2 hours, and when the clock reaches 1,5 we add one more lap to the leader's lap count, so basically it is woth of 1,5 hours + 1 lap.

I believe it is more transparent for everyone if you set the race to 73 laps (that's the maximum amount of laps you can do within 90min on BL1r) and like five minutes before the end, when you can guess how many laps there will be to go, reducing the distance?

Quote from Litro :With take over or without?

As it is not the endurance event, there is no driver change.
Having a safety car throughout the race changes it gradually. It's a better way to set 1,5 hours of racing imo. You just put enough fuel for 73 laps, and there might be some left.

Without take over.
Add insim?
Well that was fun, crap set meant that 30 min in I decided to pit to make some setup changes even though I had fuel to go another 30 minutes.

SC helped me alot though, might have had a 2nd or 3rd place if there was no SC, but when it came out it just played into my hands.
Yeah, it was a good race for me, although unfortunately, Klouczech had some problems in the race. But 3rd and 7th is a good result.
I've had a lot of fun .
I was on a good second place but then came the safety car and in the first round after the safety car i made a stupid error in the chicane and have lost seven positions but at the end i am satisfied whit the 5° place.
Congratulations to the podium.
The first part of race stint before the pitstop was just great (was 6th), managed to keep good pace was quite competetive, but unfortunately beforre I entered the pitlane, i was braking quite hard and dropin' my gears down too fast, which caused me a engine damage pretty big... So the second part of the race was just pointless driving, loosing positions, start doin' mistakes when driving off the edge... Firstly, I thought it was a problem with a tires, 'cos didin't change it, but when I did additional pitstop and changed tires, the situation remained the same, so then I noticed that something is wrong with a engine and especially at the straights I was sooo slow, that I felt like a bit rollin' meanwhile others were flyin' through..
It was a really great race guys! Thanks for participating, quite a few less cars than in the first round

In other hand, I'd like to know if you guys would like to enter 2 cars for the Endurance round (round 3 at Aston) or keep it in one car, or maybe allow Nations to have one or two cars, whatever they prefer or have drivers able to drive
One car please, some of us don't have that many drivers
My first HC race and I was enjoying it. Really nice driving and a lot of fun but I hadnt got luck. I lost 1 lap at start just because PC crashed and wheel didnt calibrated and after that I found out that I am using 2 times more DF than others so I couldnt pass anyone and also I got bump drafted which my engine didnt liked LOL. But as I said very good experience and a lot of fun.
Thank you for that.
I am looking forward to next one.

Gratz to winner and sorry for my mistakes
Quote from MaurizioNaselli :Session of Incident : race
Your nation : ITA G.Rotello
Other car(s)' nations : POL A.Tomczyk
Lap, sector or timecode of the incident : 4th lap, first corner
Short description of the incident : Tomczyk hit Rotello and pushed him from the track and Rotello loses 3 positions
Quote from GuRu_PL :Are u kidding me? I took the inside line and was defending my position, you driver just drove into me and bounced his car off

Session of Incident : race
Your nation : ITA
Other car(s)' nations : POL A.Tomczyk
Lap, sector or timecode of the incident : 31th lap, last corner
Short description of the incident : Tomczyk has made the same as N.Piquet in Singapur 2008 (Crashgate).
Tomczyk took the curve well for 30 laps but lap 31 does not convince me and i urge the disqualification for the Polish team because these dirty tricks do not belong here.
Tomczyk had no chance at points,his teammate Nogiec was 9th and this maneuver from Tomczyk was the only chance that the Safety Car comes and to bring forward his teammates.
After Round 1 was that your decision on my protest:
This is interesting one, as two Polish cars were in this, and it makes it seem like team-play. After admin team looked at this couple of times, we do not see a reason to give any penalty for this, it was a racing incident.
Only a Warning given to Poland, next time this happens Penalty will be given.

Quote from GuRu_PL :
Lol noo. Before the race I havent had time to practice, my first practice was the quali, befor the Q I did like 2 full laps. Didnt know that the curb in last corner could cause me a flip...Also I was trying to eat yogurt the whole lap, so I didnt have 100% control of my wheel...But yes, for sure it was teamplay and my flip was intended...illepall </sarcasm>

I do not want to discuss with you.The racing commissioners will look at all this and will decide.
Two cars for r3 plox.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG