The online racing simulator
#1 - Bean0
2011 FORMULA 1 AIRTEL GRAND PRIX OF INDIA (New Delhi)

Fri 28 October 2011
Practice 1 10:00 - 11:30
Practice 2 14:00 - 15:30

Sat 29 October 2011
Practice 3 11:00 - 12:00
Qualifying 14:00

Sun 30 October 2011
Race 15:00

All times local, UTC+5:30
(Not sure how DST ending affects this)

Race Date: 30 Oct 2010
Circuit Name: Buddh International Circuit
Number of Laps: 60
Circuit Length: 5.125 km
Race Distance: TBC
Lap Record: N/A

Local Weather Forecast

DRS Zones...

Attached images
untitled.JPG
drsindia-470x617.gif
I predict Lewis Hamilton to crash into somebody at Turns 1, 3, 4, 5, 8 and 15 at some point during the weekend. It won't be his fault. Apparently.
Quote from tristancliffe :I predict Lewis Hamilton to crash into somebody at Turns 1, 3, 4, 5, 8 and 15 at some point during the weekend. It won't be his fault. Apparently.

Sinbad's law is looking incredibly accurate.
It actually made me giggle
I just mention Senna and Schumacher so the circle is now complete...

Imo, the double drs zone is fail. Maybe use the drs for the shorter straight but leave the longer one as it is.
#8 - Osco
Is it just me, or does the T1-2-3 section look like an exact, down-scaled copy of hockenheim?
Yeah, but there a deal more gradient and camber in a much shorter space so it will be completely different to drive.

Kyalami
That's a nice picture, but as there isn't any part of Kyalami that resembles Buddh I don't really see why you bothered to post it.

Kyalami

Buddh

No part resembles Kyalami? lol... OK
Not really. Okay, at the most basic, zoomed out level they share a similar shape, but that's all. You ought to know that not one of the corners will be even vaguely similar.
Quote from hyperactive :i just mention senna and schumacher so the circle is now complete...

hahahahahhahaha :d

Tristan, the layouts look pretty close, apart from India's S1. You don't have to totally discredit in the way that you were clearly obligated to agree to a fact that they look similar, seemingly just to be-little him like he is a child that drew sticks for humans.
If F1 2011 is anything to go by then Tristan is dead right - there's nothing even remotely similar.

It's all to do with gradient and camber. If you laid out Eau Rouge completely flat then it would look the same as it does now on a map but would be totally different to drive.
Quote from Storm_Cloud :If F1 2011 is anything to go by then Tristan is dead right - there's nothing even remotely similar.

Nothing remotely similar apart from the fact the Buddha circuit has a near identical layout from a bird's eye view?

I didn't say they were exact copies and would share the same feel, camber, gradient, length etc... Just they both clearly have very similar layouts.

Some on here just argue for argument's sake. Maybe that needs to be added to Sinbad's law?
Quote from Intrepid :

Some on here just argue for argument's sake. Maybe that needs to be added to Sinbad's law?

Just Tristan.

Apparently, if you compare something with a different name as say, oo, they look abit like each other, people say "NO COZ DEY DIFFERENT YOU IDIOT! DEY GOT A DIFFERENT NAME DIN'T YA KNOW?".

Eitherway, I wouldn't call it near IDENTICAL layout, but it's definately Kyalami inspired, if it tests the modern cars as the Kyalami did with the old ones, then it's safe to say Tilke went old school, and by looking at the track elevations (which do actually resemble the Kyalami '92 circuit) it's gonna be a decent track.
#18 - 5haz
All three of you argue for argument's sake, projection much?

There is a vague similarity, but taking into account elevation changes the Indian circuit will probably be of quite different character. Kyalami also appears to be somewhat more flowing in places while Budh's corners are generally of smaller radius and as such the track will be of a more stop-start feel, rather in keeping with recent major circuit designs.
Quote from 5haz :All three of you argue for argument's sake, projection much?

There is a vague similarity, but taking into account elevation changes the Indian circuit will probably be of quite different character.

You'd be suprised. The westbank haipin at Kyalami (before the final two corners [now a chicane and a corner]) is elevated just like this similar looking section on the Indian circuit (T10 and T11).
#20 - 5haz
Quote from BlueFlame :You'd be suprised. The haipin at Kyalami (before the final two corners [now a chicane and a corner]) is elevated just like this similar looking section on the Indian circuit.

Well for starters the circuits run in opposite directions, so while turn 8 at Kyalami is a left hander that drops away on the exit the Indian equivalent will be a right hander approached uphill.

Just watched a virtual lap of Buddh, its hardly anything like modern day Kyalami! One of the distinctive features of the current Kyalami circuit is its lack of any real straights of any notable length, while Buddh has at least two long straights interspersed with sharp bends, in keeping with Tilke design doctrine.

Kyalami is also 2.6 miles long whilst Buddh is 3.2. Somehow I really doubt any similarity is down to anything more than coincidence.
Quote from 5haz :Well for starters the circuits run in opposite directions, so while turn 8 at Kyalami is a left hander that drops away on the exit the Indian equivalent will be a right hander approached uphill.

Well didn't realise that they were opposite directions so I guess it's coinsidence for sure.
#22 - JJ72
Quote from Intrepid :Nothing remotely similar apart from the fact the Buddha circuit has a near identical layout from a bird's eye view?

Dunno how can you call that near identical when not one corner is similiar in flow and radius.

yeah it's two elongated shape with a twist in the middle but from a driver's perspective it does not matter at all.
Seriousy, what's wrong with Hamilton? Apparently dumping the GF didn't help him a bit.

I can't really believe both Hamilton and Perez would do such foolishness...I can understand Hamilton, but Perez? Just seems odd to me that both drivers would ignore yellow flags if they were informed about them.
Quote from Juzaa :Just seems odd to me that both drivers would ignore yellow flags if they were informed about them.

Obviously they made a mistake, if that's not so hard to understand for you, besides, there was no imediate danger, it's not like ignoring a yellow at Monaco or Singapore.

The team could tell you there's yellow flag, but being a race driver you wanna, and get paid to, go as fast as possible when circumstances permit, obviously they didn't see any yellows and thus kept their foot in it, going by the FP1 highlights, the marshalls were hardly waving the yellows, plus the track is full of this shitty dust everywhere, why don't you just give 'em a break.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG