The online racing simulator
And it gets fun.

Zeug dancing AGAIN?

LOL at D'Ambrosio, nice try at pitting there.
Pff, Lewis has thrown this all away. Button leading through!
Vettel lurking. Who called Lewis in though?
#29 - CSF
Lewis can't have any complaints about that one, he's lucky he's going to score any points at all.
Great win from Button! Good recovery from DiResta finishing 7th.

I think Button would have won that even without Lewis' mistakes, Hamilton would had to have pit again anyway because he wouldn't have made the super-soft tyres last to the end of the race. I think the penalty Lewis got was deserved, he made DiResta jump off the race track, but it was the call for intermediates that really cost Hamilton a decent result. Frankly the guy who's come out of this best is Vettel, who has increased his championship lead.

Edit: Actually, best thing about Hungary? Means next race is Spa!
Epic race! I could only join watching when Hamilton spun, he deserved the penalty. Great win for Button, I'm really glad he did it.

Weather is a pain in the @$$ these days over here, it definitely made the race interesting.
Good race. Another McLaren victory. Happy and bitter at the same time though, could have been an easy 1-2.
Quote from DarkTimes :That's ****ing crazy what they're doing with that Renault, they should have brought out the safety car. They were pulling the car backwards up the pitlane exit while Vettel was making his pitstop!

Funny how standards change over the years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXQRWn9MKbM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pm6NUOUboH8

Quote from Töki (HUN) :Epic race! I could only join watching when Hamilton spun, he deserved the penalty.

So the penalty was for the spin? What was wrong with it?
When he corrected his spin with a burnout spin, he did it right in front of Di Resta, who had to go onto the grass to avoid a crash.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :

Nah it was for pushing Di Resta off the road when he span to rejoin. IMO Paul was gonna have to go off the road if Lewis stayed where he was, in retrospect Lewis should have gone forward a bit more before spinning around but in the heat of the moment I'm sure all the drivers would have done the same as him.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :

The penalty was for Hamilton turning his car around unsafely after the spin. He almost hit another driver and forced the next one to drive into grass to avoid hitting him. He should have waited for them to pass him and then turn around.

Great race from Button though. Deserved the win. The only driver from top 4 who didn't make big mistakes during the race.
Ooo, look, Tristan is back.
Quote from DarkTimes :That's ****ing crazy what they're doing with that Renault, they should have brought out the safety car. They were pulling the car backwards up the pitlane exit while Vettel was making his pitstop!

Maybe if retards like Perez weren't disobeying waved yellow flags and diving up the inside of other cars then there'd be less SCs needed - a 10s stop-go should've been the minimum penalty. Also maybe there was a yellow flag at the pit exit that we couldn't see, or maybe, just maybe, Vettel should have enough brains to notice a car being dragged back up the pit exit especially given the car was to the side of the track for the past couple of laps...

As for Lewis' penalty, probably deserved but he just needed to creep it forward a bit to give himself more room for a doughnut.
Tristan has been lurking more...

Lewis deserved his penalty, but only just. Very very close to not being deserved.

His pass on webber was good. And his post-race interview was possibly the most grown up he's ever behaved, so fair play to him. But he'd have struggled to get on the podium regardless of the penalty, so ultimately it didn't cost him anything.
Quote from Juzaa :The penalty was for Hamilton turning his car around unsafely after the spin. He almost hit another driver and forced the next one to drive into grass to avoid hitting him. He should have waited for them to pass him and then turn around.

Great race from Button though. Deserved the win. The only driver from top 4 who didn't make big mistakes during the race.

The ****? He was rolling back into the first car so he avoided it! And the gap was bigger when he spun round than when he was stationary, don't blow it up into something bigger than it was! Hardly pushed Di Resta onto the grass you could fit a bus through that gap. But yes the penalty was deserved i think and really in that situation you should stay still but he was trying to make the situation better which imo he did.
Yeah. The main mistake was the decision to stick with super softs when everyone else went for softs. That ultimately cost him the win, or at least second place.

Always Hamilton getting screwed over with strategies...

Also, Button in the press conference, "A great call from the team to put me on the primes".
You'd drive through a gap that was getting smaller at 100mph? Yes, there was just enough room, but Paul wouldn't have known exactly where Lewis's front wheel/wing was going to end up.

Nobody drives though the gap that EXISTS, but through the gap they think will exist when they get there, so he had to go to the grass.

Can't take anything away from Button for the team making that call though. But Lewis, apparently, made most of his tyre calls, and he's never made a good one yet.
Anyone know what was the Kovalainen pit investigation about? unsafe release but no penalty?
Surprise of the race: D'Ambrosio not being penalised for his half-spin in the pitlane.
Quote from boothy :Maybe if retards like Perez weren't disobeying waved yellow flags and diving up the inside of other cars then there'd be less SCs needed - a 10s stop-go should've been the minimum penalty. Also maybe there was a yellow flag at the pit exit that we couldn't see, or maybe, just maybe, Vettel should have enough brains to notice a car being dragged back up the pit exit especially given the car was to the side of the track for the past couple of laps...

As for Lewis' penalty, probably deserved but he just needed to creep it forward a bit to give himself more room for a doughnut.

I don't understand what you're saying... What has Perez getting a penalty got to do with the marshals creating a dangerous situation? You may accuse me of being over-cautous, but I still think it's unnecessarily dangerous to pull a car the wrong way round the track while drivers are making their pit stops.

Sorry!
Shame that di Resta didn't hit hamilton while he did some donuts there
Quote from tristancliffe :You'd drive through a gap that was getting smaller at 100mph? Yes, there was just enough room, but Paul wouldn't have known exactly where Lewis's front wheel/wing was going to end up.

Nobody drives though the gap that EXISTS, but through the gap they think will exist when they get there, so he had to go to the grass.

Can't take anything away from Button for the team making that call though. But Lewis, apparently, made most of his tyre calls, and he's never made a good one yet.

Yes and that's why he got the penalty but he didn't make the situation worse i don't think but it could have ended differently, spinning round was the wrong thing to do and Di Resta was making sure he got out of the way.

Seems to me Mclaren always split the the drivers and hedge their bets in those conditions, just Hamilton always seems to be on the safer stratergy (usually because he's leading) and Jenson on the riskier one due to him being a bit further behind. Jenson won 3 races with changing conditions, 1 was in Australia last year when he took a risk because hamilton passed him, Canada where Hamilton didn't finish anyway so had no calls to make and this one which was due to team decisions so you can't really say Jenson makes awesome decisions and Hammy makes bad ones.
Kobayashi wins the bad strategy of the race award though,

36 laps on the supersofts, with 10 remaining 4 cars behind you with fresher tyres, all 4 pass you then after it pit for New tyres with 5 laps remaining.

Also, Ricciardo seems to be improving, not only was he nearly a lap ahead of liuzzi but he got ahead of d'Ambrosio.

And a great race to Paul Di resta, consistent all race matching the pace of the Mercedes, then out doing them on strategy in the end to get ahead of Rosberg.
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Yes and that's why he got the penalty but he didn't make the situation worse i don't think but it could have ended differently, spinning round was the wrong thing to do and Di Resta was making sure he got out of the way.

Seems to me Mclaren always split the the drivers and hedge their bets in those conditions, just Hamilton always seems to be on the safer stratergy (usually because he's leading) and Jenson on the riskier one due to him being a bit further behind. Jenson won 3 races with changing conditions, 1 was in Australia last year when he took a risk because hamilton passed him, Canada where Hamilton didn't finish anyway so had no calls to make and this one which was due to team decisions so you can't really say Jenson makes awesome decisions and Hammy makes bad ones.

If it's true Mclaren makes the decisions about weather to use rain or dry tires they are unbelievably dumb. Mika Salo has said many times that it's the driver's call to make about using rain or dry tires. If you are racing on dry conditions then of course the team calculates you the best possible tactics but the team crew can, according to him, never know just how much water is there on the track and how slippery it is out there if it's raining so they can't make the decisions about the tires. For example when the rain had stopped Vettel was said that it's not going to rain anymore, come pit for dry tires when you feel like it.

Button's tactic to use hard tires and to go with them to the end was designed by the team and Hamilton's pit stop where they gave him wet tires was due to his tires running out but taking the intermediate tires was for sure Hamilton's call. He had to pit anyway because his tires were running out and he decided to take a chance. Blaming Mclaren for giving him intermediate tires is just ridiculous.
Quote from Juzaa :If it's true Mclaren makes the decisions about weather to use rain or dry tires they are unbelievably dumb. Mika Salo has said many times that it's the driver's call to make about using rain or dry tires. If you are racing on dry conditions then of course the team calculates you the best possible tactics but the team crew can, according to him, never know just how much water is there on the track and how slippery it is out there if it's raining so they can't make the decisions about the tires. For example when the rain had stopped Vettel was said that it's not going to rain anymore, come pit for dry tires when you feel like it.

Button's tactic to use hard tires and to go with them to the end was designed by the team and Hamilton's pit stop where they gave him wet tires was due to his tires running out but taking the intermediate tires was for sure Hamilton's call. He had to pit anyway because his tires were running out and he decided to take a chance. Blaming Mclaren for giving him intermediate tires is just ridiculous.

Bollox, Hamilton was 1st and got the pitbox, they told him to come in and the radar said it was going to continue to rain so they put inters on. How could it have been Hamiltons call when his radio wasn't working?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG