The online racing simulator
CBT - 125cc Bike?
(24 posts, started )
CBT - 125cc Bike?
I'm 18 and I have just passed my CBT (I took my test on a 50cc Scooter) Because I'm 18, can I ride a 125cc Bike? and is it ok if it's a 6 speed manual?

For example - http://www.autotrader.co.uk/cl ... age/1/radius/20?logcode=p

Any help is greatly appreciated, I have looked around online but people give different answers and I'm now confused
#2 - hp999
You have to take good care of a 2 stroke 125 and they cost more to run. Feel free to bash me with hate, haters.

I'm getting a bike aswell and I'm going for the GPR125.
#3 - Hahmo
If you did the test for M, you have M licence.

M = 50cc MAX.
A1 = 125cc MAX. Myself, I just got my licence for 125cc.. (And goddamnit, i can tell you RS Insurance cost is up to the skies, at least here in ireland where i live.)

So, you cant drive 125cc afaik. Sorry.. :/
If you have an A1 on your licence (which I believe you get with a CBT) you can ride up to 125cc, but it has to fall within power limitations.

Linky.
Quote from Hahmo :If you did the test for M, you have M licence.

M = 50cc MAX.
A1 = 125cc MAX. Myself, I just got my licence for 125cc.. (And goddamnit, i can tell you RS Insurance cost is up to the skies, at least here in ireland where i live.)

So, you cant drive 125cc afaik. Sorry.. :/

you know the trick dont you ??

If its pre 88-89 you get classic insurance providing you have a full license...

Buy a pile of s*** one from a breakers yard ( any generic 125 ) then drop in newer parts = Instant profit.

and don't tell me about insurance, 19, two years NCB and i can't go past 2 liters in cars or 600cc on a bike :S
lol @ having to learn on 125's
i did my cbt on a 50 when i was 16 and now i have a 125, so yes you can
Quote from anbiddulph :i did my cbt on a 50 when i was 16 and now i have a 125, so yes you can

That's the right answer..good job
I just had a look in Wikipedia to see what CBT means...

Why would that be of any help when riding a motorcycle? link

never mind!
Quote from theirishnoob :me about insurance, 19, two years NCB and i can't go past 2 liters in cars or 600cc on a bike :S

Lucky you.. I'm 19 too, I can't go past 25 kW. So I can drive a Ninja 250r or a bigger bike with an intake restriction
Quote from RasmusL :Lucky you.. I'm 19 too, I can't go past 25 kW. So I can drive a Ninja 250r or a bigger bike with an intake restriction

we have a restriction like that, do your full license before your 21 and you are restricted to 33bhp for 2 years
Quote from RasmusL :Lucky you.. I'm 19 too, I can't go past 25 kW. So I can drive a Ninja 250r or a bigger bike with an intake restriction

tbh 25 kw on a bike is plenty...not a bike with that u would reach 290, but thats stupid anyway.
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :tbh 25 kw on a bike is plenty...not a bike with that u would reach 290, but thats stupid anyway.

It might sound wrong but if you live in the middle of the city where there's traffic for the most part then even a 125 gets you around and you could even take it on the highway(depending on the speedlimits ofc, the max here is 120 kph).
25 kW is slow as hell, I drove a non-restricted FZ6 S2 on track and it's so much better. The Ninja 250r is a decent bike, but it's so damn slow and on the highway it's practically dead

When I can, I'm going to get at least something like the FZ6, which is 72 kW.
u gotta be kidding right?
with 25 kw u should easily reach speeds of up to 160 kmh.
Not easily, and in 6th gear you'll be around 10k RPM at 150
Quote from RasmusL :Not easily, and in 6th gear you'll be around 10k RPM at 150

thats still fast enough to die if u crash
<- i only ever get a license for 125 cc...more than that is just overkill on public roads imo
I own old as life enduro, 30kW, but it has a big four stroke engine, which means it's reliable as a hammer, and power is just about perfect off road, because gearing is short. I can't understand the need of more speed, when all the fun is in corners.
Quote from KiRmelius :I own old as life enduro, 30kW, but it has a big four stroke engine, which means it's reliable as a hammer, and power is just about perfect off road, because gearing is short. I can't understand the need of more speed, when all the fun is in corners.

exactly!
i already had lots of fun running around bends with my 50 cc scooter.
not fast, but still pretty fun.
speed gets boring pretty quickly...and makes life dangerous since ur getting used to it.

ofc, this is just how i see it.
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :exactly!
i already had lots of fun running around bends with my 50 cc scooter.
not fast, but still pretty fun.
speed gets boring pretty quickly...and makes life dangerous since ur getting used to it.

ofc, this is just how i see it.

Yep the only reason to go bigger than 50cc in a city is to not get overtaken by every car there is, and actually use the highway.
Oh trust me, speed limits are not an issue with an old 2-stroke 50cc bike. Well, that is after I have my way with it

Too bad you can't get away with riding something really old with a larger displacement. Insurance is cheap for me because I don't have anything newer than 1978.
I have a 1973 TX500 for a street bike which is more than enough for a commuter and so you don't have to hear something screaming trying to keep up the pace. Poor thing is still going after 92,000kms and the rings and rod bearings are due for their first replacement.
Quote from skstibi :Oh trust me, speed limits are not an issue with an old 2-stroke 50cc bike. Well, that is after I have my way with it

Too bad you can't get away with riding something really old with a larger displacement. Insurance is cheap for me because I don't have anything newer than 1978.
I have a 1973 TX500 for a street bike which is more than enough for a commuter and so you don't have to hear something screaming trying to keep up the pace. Poor thing is still going after 92,000kms and the rings and rod bearings are due for their first replacement.

you can here, 20 year rule afaik.

like i said, get a old bike on old plates, dump in newer/more powerful parts = instant profit.
Quote from skstibi :Oh trust me, speed limits are not an issue with an old 2-stroke 50cc bike. Well, that is after I have my way with it

Hm, I'm better leaving it as it is, police doesn't like me apparently. They once stopped me and thought it was modified even though it wasn't. Also, it's a 4stroke.
Don't waste your money on an expensive, (to buy/run/insure), 125.

Get something cheap and reliable, (like a Honda CG125), to learn your road craft on, and hone your basic motorcycle control skills then once you've got a couple of years under your belt, (saving every penny you earn), take and pass your test(s) and get a proper full licence and a decent machine to enjoy.

CBT - 125cc Bike?
(24 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG