The online racing simulator
nurburing pls :)
(55 posts, started )
most popular track....nurburing
Most excellent idea johnnyboy, i don't know why nobody thought about this before
The track its created by other designers, but the problem it's adapt this to the game and request the permission. It's posible but it need a all part of the game memory.

Nürburgring, for me it's the best track of the worldwide.
what's a nurburing
Nürburgring... No! Do not want
Nerd burger
Nurboring
It costs much to drive on it, so would it be to put on this game?
Quote :nurburing pls

Ok,one Nürburgring (that's how it's actually called,so learn it) for Mr. Johnnylay! Want ketchup with it?
Actually it's called Nordschleife touristfahren. The Nurburgring is the normal race environment which is less demanded.
Quote from Kristi :It costs much to drive on it,

For the topic starter, yes. All the way from Malaysia.

Quote from Kristi :so would it be to put on this game?

Don't count on it. Track is way too long, needs to be laser scanned... Quite an expensive operation and because the Ring is in poor financial condition anyway ( http://savethering.org/ ) I don't see the current *cough* investors *cough* say, oh you want to laserscan? No problem! We close it down, go ahead!
is it that time of the month again? i swear we see about 50 of these a year.
Nürburgring Nordschleife is so awesome track! But dangerous too. Its a great track for GT cars!
Wouldn't it be more fun to have an completely new fresh fantasy track with a lot of corners, elevations and interesting sectors, rather than having something that has been driven to death in 10000000 other games?
No
No to what, me or the topic creator?
Quote from The Very End :Wouldn't it be more fun to have an completely new fresh fantasy track with a lot of corners, elevations and interesting sectors, rather than having something that has been driven to death in 10000000 arcade games/half-sims/sim with a poor netcode making any kind of online playing difficult[netkar]?

Fixed.

Not that I disagree totally with you, but having the track on a proper sim(let's say, LFS or iR) would be absolutely thrilling.

Dave is right on the laser scanning argument, but would it need to be laser scanned? There are plenty of decent non-laser scanned versions around, converting one of them to LFS would already be good enough IMO, if possible.

Also, FTR, I've read on the iR forums that Toyoya has already laser scanned it and owns the datas, no idea if it's true however.
Circuit de la Sarthe would be great too
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :There are plenty of decent non-laser scanned versions around, converting one of them to LFS would already be good enough IMO, if possible.

Decent for us yes, but apparently Scawen has some high set goals otherwise this whole real life simulation feeling (aka updated tire physics) didn't have to take that long. Real life laser scanned tracks seem necessary to fit the whole profile for being as realistic as possible.

Trying to avoid the 'nice job, but too bad the track doesn't feel right' or 'nice job but this doesn't feel like a Sirocco at all' comments, I guess.
I would agree with you Dav, But you must think, I could drive a sirocco all day long at Nordschleife, However, Is it ever going to feel "right" in someones living room/dining room/basement?

There's only so much a computer can do, Yes, It can simulate movement (Wheel and motion platform) But it will never recreate the feel of the leather gripping you abit more at certain speeds, I think thats where most sim racing games should trade off the realism bit, You can only do realism so much, Look at iRacing for example, It's just getting it's "realistic" tire model out in august, Will it ever be realistic? Maybe... But it won't be the same as actually driving said car.
Agree with above.
A game is a game, no matter what. To get the actually truelly feeling you would need a game rig that could simulate the G forces, and you would need a super computer that could do all the nessesary calculations.
Quote from jrd.racer :Circuit de la Sarthe would be great too

Yeah its cool but a bit too long straight... eh?

Try Spa-Francorchamps!
Quote from The Very End :Agree with above.
A game is a game, no matter what. To get the actually truelly feeling you would need a game rig that could simulate the G forces, and you would need a super computer that could do all the nessesary calculations.

Thats true! creating a original game-Nordschleife takes about 12 years, if it has an accurate calculation.
Quote from The Very End :Agree with above.

Wow you called LFS a game? If i did that, I'd have 50 people crawling up my backside with pitchforks.

Nice to know someone realises simulators are games..
I'd be happy with Hockenheimring (wont say no to Nurburgring though)!

Quote from TehPaws3D :Nice to know someone realises simulators are games.

:arge:
Quote from Speed Senna :Try Spa-Francorchamps!

Disagreed, way too long and wide for anything else than GTRs and fast single seaters. Same goes for Le Mans too.

Quote from Silverracer :I'd be happy with Hockenheimring (wont say no to Nurburgring though)!

Uhm, the new Tilkedrome version? What's so special with it?

(55 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG