The online racing simulator
Prototypes, prototypes, prototypes, prototypes, prototypes, prototypes, prototypes, prototypes, prototypes, prototypes, prototypes, prototypes, prototypes, prototypes, prototypes, prototypes, prototypes, prototypes, prototypes, prototypes, prototypes, prototypes, prototypes, prototypes, prototypes, prototypes, prototypes, prototypes, prototypes, prototypes, prototypes, prototypes, prototypes, prototypes, prototypes, prototypes.

Hmm, I guess that's it. And all these too:
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=1917
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=537
#52 - col
good call vain

definate a 917 k

even with patch they would still be a challenge to race

minimal grip on crossply tyres

very poor aero ( forget about downforce these things struggled with lift and in 1969 actually had dispensation from the ban on movable aerodynamic devices as the longtail version would wander width of track at 240 mph)

minimal weight

similar horspower to f08

yes yes yes
Quote from Mario Toyota Racing :IN S3 i WOULD LIKE TO SEE:

BMW e30 320i coupe
VW Golf mk2 Gti 16V
Audi Quattro 2.8 V6 sedan or coupe (for rally)
Fiat Uno 1.4 Turbo/Suzuki Swift 1.3GTI/Peugeot 205 1.9 GTI/Renault 5 GTT
Honda Integra type R
Alfa Romeo 155 Q4/GTA/V6
Alfa Romeo 75 3.0 V6 America
Ford Escord 1.6 90hp
Vw Corrado VR6 or scirocco

What about supporting the devs first and buying the game? And I dont want to see any of those crappy cars in your list,rather have a RB4 Rally
#55 - Vain
About downforce on 917:
That car was under continous development. In it's first days it was more like a rodeo beast (imagin a car that yells "Get out of me! I don't want you to drive me! Get out! Now!" at the driver), but later it became better and better, and there are people who drove it and actually called it a race car, in it's later development stage, that is.

Nice story about the 917: No Porsche testdrivers wanted to drive the 917 anymore after driving it a bit, because it was horrible (bad aero problems, fixed later). In a struggle to find willing testdrivers Porsche had to hire some american testdrivers who never heard about that car. No one who knew the car wanted to drive it.

But actually I don't need a 917, I need a car like the 917. I can still put a nice GULF livery on it.

Vain
British,german (DTM) ozie touring cars pls
Quote from Mikkomattic :Some actually want to race trucks? May I ask what the appeal is? I wish to get to know more on what goes on in your minds.

Probably to crash into others online

I'd love a nasty handling huge power Musle Car as wel.
But I'd LOVE a motorbike. Would be hard, but might be a challenge for the devs as well. (a 2 and a 4 cylinder 4 stroke 1000 CC please ! )

Real existing cars are tough to get a license on, so I don't think that's gonna happen any time soon.

I read Vintage cars earlier on, that'd be a laugh as well.
#58 - Setu
Quote from tinvek :good call vain
definate a 917 k
even with patch they would still be a challenge to race
yes yes yes

Yep, 917 gets my vote too. I remember some of the stats - on 1970s tyres it had something like 1100 hp in the ultimate qualifying config, could do 0-60 in 1 sec, 0-100mph in 2.1 and 0-200 mph in 13 secs - and keep on doing that for 24 hours! At Le Mans it exceeded 200 mph at 5 points on the circuit, and if you look, at the circuit even in those pre-chicane days, you can see 3 obvious points, a fourth maybe, and the fifth....? Absolutely awesome car.

How about a ground effect turbo BMW F1? 1300 hp in qualifying trim, ground effects, so corner like on rails, then crash - no in between!
Zoom
I would like to see a "bigger" range of cars rather than having S3 being excellent but lack of cars.

Would like to see a skyline GTR R34 included
i want a mazda3 zoom zoom i bet mazda would sponsor it just like bmw is doing im drunk
Quote from Setu :Yep, 917 gets my vote too. I remember some of the stats - on 1970s tyres it had something like 1100 hp in the ultimate qualifying config, could do 0-60 in 1 sec, 0-100mph in 2.1 and 0-200 mph in 13 secs - and keep on doing that for 24 hours! At Le Mans it exceeded 200 mph at 5 points on the circuit, and if you look, at the circuit even in those pre-chicane days, you can see 3 obvious points, a fourth maybe, and the fifth....? Absolutely awesome car.

How about a ground effect turbo BMW F1? 1300 hp in qualifying trim, ground effects, so corner like on rails, then crash - no in between!

http://video.google.com/videop ... q=porsche+917&pl=true
Did you forget about tracks???
Well I would like to see a real drift car , may be a NISSAN , and a drift track (Like Mont. Fuji or whatever) , For racing , I would really love to drive an exotic car ( Ferrari , Lamborghini) or any car that would actually look like them and have the same performances
#64 - OsC
Quote from Mikkomattic :Some actually want to race trucks? May I ask what the appeal is? I wish to get to know more on what goes on in your minds.

Well, i see a race in Spain and i can say that is a very great show XD. Trucks are some overstering and seems "slow" and funny cars to drive
#65 - OsC
#66 - OsC
Quote from Hankstar :Rally! 4WD, 400hp, dirt. I believe LFS may not be able to support point-to-point rally stages as such, but why not some special stage type dirt courses, or large dirt courses through trees or whatever? A souped-up RB4 and a couple of other 4WDs to compete with it would be very cool :up:
If Scavier wanted to release a separate title called LFS: World Rally - a dedicated rally sim with point-to-point stages - I wouldn't object ... hmm, it's a nice dream anyway

Bikes? No. How would you simulate racing a bike for someone who's most likely sitting down behind a steering wheel?
Trucks/utes? Maybe. Limited appeal. Could be fun though!

Prototypes? Hell yes. Le Mans style cars would be insanely good - BMW has one and LFS has a new relationship with BMW ...

Retro-style muscle cars? Hell yes, why not. They did fictional muscle cars for Interstate '76...which brings me to my next point: arm us to the teeth! Wrecker Patrol SWAT Team!

Well some time ago the anouncement of Rally pack in lfs would use special cars as olds rally cars group B, or buggies, or why not, WRC
#67 - OsC
Quote from Sp3cTr3 :a go-cart for the small parking lot track builder thing. would be perfect, and a big bulky V8 for the oval

get a stock car looking vehicle with a big rumbling V8 and see all the nascar fans swarm LFS as there hasnt been a decent Nascar sim since papyrus' nascar racing 2003 season

Yes, lfs will be rigth if put nascar car for this nascar sims fans that dont have his games yet
Quote from Mikkomattic :Before I mention anything else, The class of cars I think is missing the most, and is the next natural evolution of what should be stuffed into S3, is the 'supercar' class. McLaren F1, Ferarri Enzo, Bugatti Veyron, Koenigsegg, Porsche Carerra GT. I'm dying to find out how crappy a 2 ton car tuned for super mega high top speeds would handle on Aston Cadet.

I have to agree, or how about 4 wheel ATV's
Quote from Burnzoire :Karts, & Motorbikes. I'm nto overly keen on either but it would make sense to expand in those areas.

Oh and V8 Utes (pickups)

That'd be nice, a few months ago I had a Commodore race with some people on one of the Aussie servers .
What I would really like, would be something along the likes of an old Group 2 car from the 70ies. I don't care what kind of car it is, as long as it looks old and has these really wide wheelarches as common on the racecars of the 70ies like these or these or even these.

What also would be very, very nice would be something like a Skoda S 130RS. Small, light, rearengine and rearwheeldrive.
edit: wrong thread...
#72 - OsC
Quote from Cropsy :edit: wrong thread...

Looollll XD
#74 - OsC
anyone knows if can make a post with a vote option??? Think would be nice open a new thread where people can vote for his favorite new category
Rocket-Kart, Rocket-Truck, Rocket-Shopping Cart...Anything prefaced with 'rocket'. Also a longer track to go with it. The bonneville salt flats, perhaps, with a few very highly banked turns scattered about.

Also one of those swamp buggy things...they race through swamp land and have tires which are as thin as those on a motorcycle, yet are around 5 feet tall.

What else is left ? Maybe a boat that morphed into a plane.
Or a rocket.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG