The online racing simulator
LFS World: MHR choices
(36 posts, started )
This has probably been brought up before, but are the main hotlap rank combos really the best choices? Most are pretty sound, but a few look out of place. For example...

(IMO) the oval shouldn't be in the list, and certainly not with the LX4. I'd much rather race that sort of car on a twisty circuit.

KY National is in there twice, this annoys me as the huuuuge straight kills the fun that the very good infield provides. If it must be in there, why is it there more than any other track?

The inclusion of some of the new Aston combos or maybe the unused South City combos would help balance out the problems.

The BF1 is not included yet. Another opportunity to use a missing combo.

UF GTR could be on a more suitable track.

MRT5 at FE Gold is good fun, but it would make sense to have the MRT5 on the twistiest track possible? It's great at SO3R.

Your thoughts?
You are right! LX4 on KyOval - it is crime! So driveable car on so stupid track... And double KyNat. some confusing. There are many intresting tracks, what a for KyNat using more than 1 time? 2 formulas on WE: formula V8 forward and XR reverse MRT? Yes.. somewhere in south city it can give more fun. What else? Maybe rally for RB4? Something longer for XFG? 2 GTRs on AS, maybe exchange with 2 formulas: something fast (F08) for AsGp and something intresting for XRR - almost 3 min/lap it is too long.

Anyway rank need to revision for S2 final! Now is too late for reset for changes
Where can you see the MHR choices?
#4 - ajp71
IMO the oval should go and KY National should be cut down another Aston config could be added or maybe a second KY GP Long as it's so underused and the best track of all IMO. The BF1 is a great choice for AS North and only one of AS GP/Historic/GT should be in the rank IMO.

Quote from Primoz :Where can you see the MHR choices?

LFSW > Hotlaps > Ranks > MHR > 'Rank info'
Nobody suggested certain combos should be banned, people can hotlap what they want. A weekly challenge sounds like a good idea, but I see that as seperate to improving the MHR choices. The MHR is a great way to get people to try ever car and (nearly) every combo. But at the moment I don't want to go for it simply because some of those options are cr@p.
#6 - ORION
The MHR tracks should be those tracks that have the most laps on the certain car, but excluding oval, which will have only one car. Maybe the BF1 so its not too slow :P
@Bob Smith: 100% agreed. Dunno why there is 2x AS Nat and many great tracks missing, no BF1, stupid LX4/Oval combo.. Its not late to change combos, coz it dont wipe hotlaps, only a few HL wont be used for MHR, no problem i think.
#8 - Renku
The proper track for BF1 could be KY3, and FE4 for LX4!
Quote from Bob Smith :This has probably been brought up before, but are the main hotlap rank combos really the best choices? Most are pretty sound, but a few look out of place. For example...

(IMO) the oval shouldn't be in the list, and certainly not with the LX4. I'd much rather race that sort of car on a twisty circuit.

KY National is in there twice, this annoys me as the huuuuge straight kills the fun that the very good infield provides. If it must be in there, why is it there more than any other track?

The inclusion of some of the new Aston combos or maybe the unused South City combos would help balance out the problems.

The BF1 is not included yet. Another opportunity to use a missing combo.

UF GTR could be on a more suitable track.

MRT5 at FE Gold is good fun, but it would make sense to have the MRT5 on the twistiest track possible? It's great at SO3R.

Your thoughts?

All true, Bravo.
Maybe make LX4 on SO Long Rev, RB4 at BL Rallycross and BF1 at KY National.

Then maybe create an oval rank, a street circuit rank and maybe even a rallycross rank.
Questions
sorry, i should more thinking before writing, please delete me

It means Main Hotlap Rank the first posting says and it will be found in S2 Hotlaps>> Rank
I would like to suggest everyone to join in and make a new selection of combo's for the MHR for when S2 final comes out and the new hotlaps 'season' starts again.

Or I could, like orion said, pick all the most popular hotlap combo's, ie. the combo's with the most hotlaps uploaded.
Here is a suggested new set:

XFG - FE club
XRG - SO sprint1
XRT - BL gp
RB4 - SO long rev
FXO - FE green
LX4 - FE gold
LX6 - FE black rev
MRT - AS cadet
UF1 - SO sprint 2
RAC - KY national
FZ5 - BL gp rev
FOX - WE international rev
XFR - SO town
UFR - SO classic
FO8 - WE international
FXR - AS historic
XRR - AS national
FZR - AS north
BF1 - KY gp long

What I changed:
- added BF1; put all GTRs on AS; moved FZ5 to BL gp rev
- threw out KY oval; moved LX4 to FE gold, MRT to AS cadet, UF1 to SO sprint 2
- moved UFR to SO classic

What could be improved:
- take a reverse config for some of the SO tracks
- same for AS

Quote from Victor :Or I could, like orion said, pick all the most popular hotlap combo's, ie. the combo's with the most hotlaps uploaded.

That count is likely to be biased towards the current MHR combos...
Quote from duke_toaster :Then maybe create an oval rank, a street circuit rank and maybe even a rallycross rank.

An oval seems a weird place to do hotlapping. A rallycross rank would be nice, though. How about this:

XFG - BL rallyx
XRG - FE rallyx gn rev
RB4 - FE rallyx
LX4 - BL rallyx rev
UF1 - FE rallyx gn
FZ5 - FE rallyx rev
I would not like to see the most popular tracks in MHR rank,
some not so common combinations would be my favourite choice..
On the whole I like that wsinda but there are still a couple of changes I'd like to make. Why:
* RAC on KY National? More suited to a faster car IMO.
* FOX at Weshill? zzzz
* I'm not convinced by all GTRs at Aston
* Some tracks are still missing

So, changes from your list:
* Move RAC to AS Club
* Move FXR to KY GP Long
* Move BF1 to Westhill
* Move FO8 to KY National
* Move FOX to FE Green
* Move FXO to AS North
* Move FZR to AS Grand Touring

Hmm, ended up changing a lot

Comments?
Btw. this "Rank info" link could be more visible. I've never noticed that there's something like this until now.
Quote from Kid222 :Btw. this "Rank info" link could be more visible. I've never noticed that there's something like this until now.

Was just about to post the same thing. Took me ages to find that link. Was getting mad!
Quote from Bob Smith :
* Move RAC to AS Club
* Move FXR to KY GP Long
* Move BF1 to Westhill
* Move FO8 to KY National
* Move FOX to FE Green
* Move FXO to AS North
* Move FZR to AS Grand Touring

Lessee...
* AS Club is almost an oval. Might be great for close racing and drafting duels, but boring for hotlapping. I left it out on purpose.
* Is the FXO at home at AS North? Never done the track, but it seems a bit too fast for the FXO (or the car is under-powered for the track).
* FOX on FE Green?? Noooo! Put a saloon car there! FE Green means skipping & jumping over the kerbs. For saloon cars that's already hardly realistic, but for single-seaters it's a travesty of racing. (Suggestion: swap tracks with FXO.)

(IMHO, YMMV, etc. )
I'd agree AS Club is not especially interesting, it takes a fast car with little grip to make it somewhat interesting. The RAC seems the perfect candidate in that respect.

FXO and FOX could be swapped, yeah, would be fine combos also. I just find the FOX boring at most of the S2 tracks (Westhill in particular but I'd imagine something like AS Historic would also be rather dull), North is better in that respect.
Quote from Victor :Or I could, like orion said, pick all the most popular hotlap combo's, ie. the combo's with the most hotlaps uploaded.

Please don't!

My list. I don't claim it's perfect, but I tried to put some effort to it.

1. XFG on FE club - no change (quite suitable for XFG)
2. XRG on SO sprint1 - no change (can't find anything wrong with it)
3. XRT on BL gp - no change (one of the LFS classics)
4. RB4 on SO long rev --> RB4 on BL RallyX rev (I believe BL2R suits RB4 a lot better than SO4R)
5. FXO on FE green - no change (car/track seems to suit themselves, quite a challenge)
6. LX4 on KY oval --> LX4 on AS North (I would like FE4, but that's me; AS7 is a tough track)
7. LX6 on FE black rev - no change (one of the best combos in the whole LFS, if not THE best)
8. MRT on FE gold --> MRT on SO classic rev [SO1(R) is another LFS classics, what better car than MRT]
9. UF1 on AS cadet - no change (just perfect)
10. RAC on KY national - no change (I've driven a lot the LRF class on KY2, good memories)
11. FZ5 on AS national --> FZ5 on FE gold (couldn't pick anything good, might be fun)
12. FOX on WE interntl rev --> FOX on AS national (WE1R seems too "wide" for FOX)
13. XFR on SO town - no change (ok combo)
14. UFR on KY national --> UFR on SO long rev (alternative AS2R maybe)
15. FO8 on WE interntl - no change (fast track, fast car; I could imagine FO8 driven such track IRL)
16. FXR on AS historic - no change (perfect track for the car; driven a lot myself, I bet some leagues too)
17. XRR on AS grand prix - no change [perfect track for the car, many leagues have it (the GTR class)]
18. FZR on KY gp long - no change [perfect track for the car, many leagues have it (the GTR class)]
19. BF1 on AS grand touring (alternative KY gp long rev).

I wanted to post to this thread for a long time, especially this morning after Victor's post. Now I've done it.
Renku - I thought the rally tracks were purposely left out for now? Although back then there were still rumours of a rally pack though...

Two things I (personally) don't like with your suggestions:

* MRT5 on SO Classic - I'll admit I'm not keen on SO Classic in the first place make or break chicane plus 2 boring corners) but MRT5 seems so very wasted there. MRT5 needs something slower and really twisty, most tracks in LFS are too fast for it tbh.

* FOX on AS National - track is too fast for the car, IMO.
Quote from Bob Smith : * FOX on AS National - track is too fast for the car, IMO.

I was racing on AS Nat Rev/FOX the other night and it was an absolute blast. Slamming brakes into t1 then an amazing sequence of fast windy track, followed by some more punishment on the brakes. Sensational! Nothing at all like the borefest that is westhill/FOX
XFG FE club
XRG SO sprint1
XRT BL gp
RB4 SO classic
FXO FE gold
LX4 FE green
LX6 FE black rev
MRT FE Club rev
UF1 AS cadet
RAC KY GP long
FZ5 AS national
FOX SO long
XFR SO town
UFR AS club
FO8 WE interntl
FXR KY national
XRR AS historic
FZR AS grand prix
BF1 AS north
The problem is there's not enough short or twisty circuits for all the slower cars. You've got FE Club, AS Cadet and SO Sprint 2, and then a bunch of circuits with straights that are boringly long in anything slower than an LRF.

Then of course we have a few circuits that hardly have any corners at all (AS Club, AS National, SO Classic) so they're going to be dull in any car, and yet bizarrely they are the most-used ones online...
sprint 2 is forbidden

(36 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG