The online racing simulator
Volkswagen finally announces WRC plans
That car looks awesome. WRC is in desperate need of more big names entering.
I want that.
Only in 2013?

Wow, that's still a long time...
Dat sexy car. :jawdrop:
Doesn't look like a Golf...
:something
Quote from Swiss-Spirit :Only in 2013?

Wow, that's still a long time...

I guess they want to do it with precision. Maybe some test rallies in 2012...
Quote from RiseAgainstMe! :wasn't that purple car in the garage an older golf?

so of course it's like a golf

Yup it's a Mark 3. But surprisingly the guy who's like "IT DOES HANDLE LIKE A GOLF" is driving a Peugot 306 (I think) which is nothing like a Golf!!

And yes Mr Swiss that was a very special commercial..
Quote from RiseAgainstMe! :wasn't that purple car in the garage an older golf?

so of course it's like a golf

Yea but they aren't allowed to advertise that GM cars are shit and nothing like VW quality, but I agree it's kind of retarded you have to bear in mind those inferior to VW in the market would pounce at the chance to sue or whine.

On the other hand, DAMN, that Polo is definately the best looking of these S2000 rally cars.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Yup it's a Mark 3. But surprisingly the guy who's like "IT DOES HANDLE LIKE A GOLF" is driving a Peugot 306 (I think) which is nothing like a Golf!!

306? Looks more like the BMW 1-series. It's RWD too (smoke coming from rear tyres.)
[why] Not a Scirocco? -- I'm bored, already :P
Long time ago I made my license, training in a Golf III,

I quite liked it. It had a much more utilitarian feel to it than today's Volkswagen-Golfs and the rest of the small-to-compact FWD-stuff they are offering right now.

Then I discovered that my family's boring old Merc had some pretty good treat in store: RWD

I still drive it today - almost exclusively that is. I used to think back to the Golf III and thought... ..."never seen anything "VW" that good-looking, again". Then I started to notice that nearly every affordable VW on sale was either a very dark shade of gray or mostly deep-grainy black inside. I started to wander more and found I liked my trusty old Merc's blue-wooden (real wood, yet not too much of it!) trim inside to grow on me, slowly-but-surely.

Then VW started to build "ESP" into their cars. At the same time they did away with any option (most of their cars) to deactivate it. While maintaining a "ESP-free" fleet of vans and van-like cars (I'm purely talking about Germany, here)...

...Then the Scirocco came. I just thought: "What a surprisingly good-looking VW" and found out later, even the LFS-devs announced to reproduce it in their Sim - "authentically with all its superior driving aids [and bells&whistles]".

In the meantime Mercs of new would adapt to their newly found product-policy (nicked from VW adverts) to include as much health-and-safety as they can into each and every car, whether it needed it (A-Class) or not. And like VW they forgot the single possibility to redeem themselves upon true driving enthusiasts, Ladies and Gentlemen on the track and beyond, I'm talking about the

ESP-OFF-SWITCH

Some models might have a fake one installed into their mostly god-awful "dashboard" or whatever they use to call these things today. But don't be fooled. If you try to switch off the esp in your car, nothing big will happen. Yes, you can still catch fire while running straight into the next tree, if that pleases you. But you could do this with ESP-ON, anyway. And some drivers - I believe - would definitely deserve this self-inflicted form of natural selection more than others (but that's a different story)

So now we have it. The (now) second-least-driver-oriented marque in the world (tm) with the most uninteresting interpretation of a WRC-car... (that barely even has any resemblance to a car with the same name you could actually buy) ... in the whole wide world. Wow, that's a quite well-fitting match, don't you think?

Anyway, what on earth was the management at VW thinking when green-lighting a WRC-car without using the concurrent Scirocco-design as their modeling base?

The real "Polo", I agree, is a much newer car (or might be, because a I cannot really recall the last time I actively noticed a brand-new one, they all look the same to me)...
...but boy oh boy does it look fat. And I don't mean dirty-Harry-in-the-pants kind of "fat" -- just ordinarily "I had a few too much X-Large QuarterPounderWithCheeseMenu - kind of _FAT_

Greets
and let the loathing begin... (I don't care, anyway)

Subaru, get your act together and show them hideous newguys their place! Citroen: You're building cars that at least look the part: Make your move, now! And play your cards wisely. Because VW plays dirty with lots of Skoda-DNA and their newly inherited co-worker "Walter Röhrl" after they shot Porsche on the stock-exchange :P

What - A - Wonderful - World!
Quote from DrBen :their newly inherited co-worker "Walter Röhrl" after they shot Porsche on the stock-exchange :P

i thought thats how they got bigger no ?? by pretending to buy porshe to shoot up stock prices ?

also... if Vw are in... where the hell is mitz and nissan ??
to all members of the royal sarcasm society

Quote from theirishnoob :i thought thats how they got bigger no ?? by pretending to buy porshe to shoot up stock prices ?

also... if Vw are in... where the hell is mitz and nissan ??

Finally someone who got me "sort-of right" on that one
Quote from Furiously-Fast :306? Looks more like the BMW 1-series. It's RWD too (smoke coming from rear tyres.)

According to DVLA S100 SBG is a BMW 5 Series 2497CC on Heavy Oil. But the saggy middle is a 1 Series and the interior isn't a BMW interior. Honda Civic according to Google. Most of that ad was full of various parts of cars. The purple one was a Mk3 Fiesta the engine bay was a Toyota Pulsar.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG