The online racing simulator
Panasport Rims
(11 posts, started )
#1 - JJ72
Panasport Rims
Anyone have experience with these?

I am looking for a set of their 8 spoke street wheels, 16 or 17 inch.

How much do they go for usually?

http://www.panasport.com
Save the money, aftermarket wheels are not worth it IMO. Then again, i'm a mug, so please ignore what i've just said...
what a quality website... lol
#4 - Jakg
Quote from JJ72 :Anyone have experience with these?

I am looking for a set of their 8 spoke street wheels, 16 or 17 inch.

How much do they go for usually?

http://www.panasport.com

I'm geussing their just big minilite reps?
#5 - JJ72
Quote from Jakg :I'm geussing their just big minilite reps?

well yeah, I am just looking for that style but in 17's, it seem pretty rare.
Quote from JJ72 :well yeah, I am just looking for that style but in 17's, it seem pretty rare.

Those wheels are mostly gonna be used on old Mini's, Kitcars, and old skool scene cars, you probably never will find 17inch in that style. To me, it wouldn't look good anyway, minilites are supposed to be 13-15 inch wheels.
Quote from jibber :Save the money, aftermarket wheels are not worth it IMO. Then again, i'm a mug, so please ignore what i've just said...

Why are lightweight, Stronger, and wider wheels not worth the money?

Also IIRC you can get 17" Watanabes but they're not going to be cheap...
#8 - JJ72
Quote from BlueFlame :Those wheels are mostly gonna be used on old Mini's, Kitcars, and old skool scene cars, you probably never will find 17inch in that style. To me, it wouldn't look good anyway, minilites are supposed to be 13-15 inch wheels.

Actually there are, and I think it will look good on the mini (one of the mini's option wheels are actually similiar just toned down a bit)

http://www.rs-watanabe.co.jp/index2.htm

Watanabe does those but the price is pretty steep.
#9 - JJ72
Quote from Klutch :Why are lightweight, Stronger, and wider wheels not worth the money?

Also IIRC you can get 17" Watanabes but they're not going to be cheap...

yeah watanabes was what I first thought of, and really four of those plus shipping will cost half my car did.
Had watanabe's on my rx7, beautiful rim..very strong and fairly light

well worth the $
Quote from BlueFlame :To me, it wouldn't look good anyway, minilites are supposed to be 10-13 inch wheels.

FYP. Minilites only look nice when they're 13s or less. The standard 4.5j 12" offerings are sexy, and adding a deeper offset only makes things better. They're possibly the strongest alloy ever made, mine are ~20 years old now and aside from a tatty top coat, they structurally look new, no scrapes or buckles after years of potholes and kerbing. Not to mention tyres are €35 a corner for Continentals

BBS look nice on the MINI, if it has the big JCW brakes and kit. Le Example. Most Minilite/Superlite replicas look pants when they're that big, and since they're only reps they won't be as strong as the originals. And anybody who knows cars will know they're only reps, since Minilites only go up to 15". Assuming you want bigger than standard steelies of course.

Panasport Rims
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG