The online racing simulator
I'm expecting to see very-very close battle for the championship title, at least FP1 showed us that 18 drivers' best time was within 1 second(track is about 2,6km long)...
Quote from TypeRacing :I'm expecting to see very-very close battle for the championship title, at least FP1 showed us that 18 drivers' best time was within 1 second(track is about 2,6km long)...

That track is basically 3 big straights with 5/6 corners, so having close times isn't a real surprise I guess.

However close times means that ballast could have a significant influence in the game. It would be pretty much interresting to see Neal having to start way back in race 1 because of maximum ballast.

Ford dominating as planned anyway, looking good for Jackson's independant title hopes.

Quote from JPeace :Its between Neal and Plato, Daddy Neal won't let his son not win, which puts Sheedon out of the picture imo.

That'd be pretty much sad if it turns out to be true Especially since we still have to see if Plato can put a real challenge on the Hondas here, with his normally aspirated Chevy.
#106 - CSF
Great lap from Matt Neal.
Putting it on pole with 45 kgs was definitely something, indeed. Neal has probably done the hardest part of the job. Jackson and Nash will be focussing on the independant title, so I suspect they don't have much interrest in getting in trouble with the Hondas. Meanwhile, Shedden didn't look very aggressive when is team-mate was around recently - hope he will fix that for tomorrow.
For those in Sydney/Australia with access to digital Channel One, the Rockingham 2011 BTCC race is on now!
http://www.itv.com/itv4/ (works via UK proxy ip)

46.23.70.180:3128
80.194.50.123:8080

Local Time: 11.45 - BTCC - Race 1/ 12.25 - Porsche Carrera/ 13.45 - Formula Renault/ 14.35 - BTCC - Race 2 /15.15 - Ginetta Junior/ 15.45 - Porsche Carrera/ 16.25 - Formula Renault / 17.15 - BTCC - Race 3

lets go racing boys
Matt Neal is leading and Jason Plato had punchure, crazy stuff...

E: Shame on Mat Jackson, he had great run and deserved that 2nd place...
Fun final race, good effort from Austin and Wrathall. Many '92 moments as well, makes me clinch my buttcheeks every time
#113 - CSF
Shock, Shedden made no attempt to pass his team-leader. Anti-climax of the highest order.
Quote from JPeace :Did I not predict this?

It certainly was always on the cards. I find it hard not to dislike that whole team. I don't like Plato all that much, but as the anti-Neal I always end up supporting him, and Shedden is just the dullest racing driver on the face of the earth.
I even hate the car! The "clever" bumper sticker message didn't help there, though. We all know you had an unfair advantage so suck it up! Turbocharged petrol Honda Civic indeed.... It just seems wrong!
Quote from sinbad : We all know you had an unfair advantage so suck it up! Turbocharged petrol Honda Civic indeed.... It just seems wrong!

Meh. Chervolet isn't that right in your logic either. It's used to be big muscle car but now some Daewoo is racing

Brilliant racing by Honda Racing this year, well done.
Quote from sinbad :We all know you had an unfair advantage so suck it up! Turbocharged petrol Honda Civic indeed.... It just seems wrong!

The 'unfair advantage' was the same for all S2000/NGTC teams, yet only one beat the S2000/S2000 in the standings
They did have an advantage, and Plato was right to moan otherwise they would have been even further down the road. Anyway, it's all equal next year
Quote from Intrepid :They did have an advantage, and Plato was right to moan otherwise they would have been even further down the road. Anyway, it's all equal next year

My point was that Honda were not alone in having the turbo advantage, they were however the only team to be ahead of Chevrolet in the standings.

Also, the rules for next year are identical to this year, expect moaning from whoever chooses to use NA engines.
Quote from Bean0 :My point was that Honda were not alone in having the turbo advantage, they were however the only team to be ahead of Chevrolet in the standings.

Also, the rules for next year are identical to this year, expect moaning from whoever chooses to use NA engines.

Well obviously you can't base rule changes or performance equalisation purely on results. Especially in a series where there's only about 5 half decent drivers and even fewer good teams. Where did Plato's team mate finish?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG