The online racing simulator
Very gimmicky, some lucky person will probably just make a fool of themselves in last place.
#53 - JJ72
which is no shame, and still great fun, A clio drive for free yeah sure sign me up!
Quote from BlueFlame :Very gimmicky, some lucky person will probably just make a fool of themselves in last place.

Enter, if you win I'll drive for you, can't be having you look like a fool!
Quote from PMD9409 :Enter, if you win I'll drive for you, can't be having you look like a fool!

Chances are, the person that wins won't really have any racing knowledge like us LFS'ers, that's why I'm saying they'll make a fool of themselves.

Non of us here need to be trained race craft (well, give and take) we would only need to adjust to the car. The random joe they get from the street will need to be taught race craft, and probably will be poor.

They should pick from a pool of people who actually WANT to do it, but then you get over eager people trying to make a name for themselves and divebombing, so either way you don't win.

Pointless competition.

But Phil, I would happily give something like that up to someone who I know is more skilled than me, I wasn't cut out to be a racer, otherwise I'd be blessed with more raw talent though that doesn't mean I'm ultimately slow and can't race well if I tried. I just accept my fate. But I do have a son, and I've yet to find out if he has raw talent if he does then I'll put him in a kart as soon as he can walk (not as a pushy parent) just as something to do and if he enjoys it, I'll keep doing it.

WOW, I like to turn these topics to ME ME ME ME ME don't I?
Quote from BlueFlame :
WOW, I like to turn these topics to ME ME ME ME ME don't I?

Yep, but I'm actually agreeing with you this time.
Quote from PMD9409 :Yep, but I'm actually agreeing with you this time.

With what exactly? The fact I don't have raw talent, aww that's below the belt!

Or that my programme for my son to learn car control is good?
Both :haha:
BTCC on now (ITV4 or http://www.justin.tv/space_hopper) at a sunny Knockhill, quite hot up here after the rain yesterday - Chilton won the first race ahead of the two Hondas with race 2 coming up soon
#61 - DeKo
If my ****ing work had paid me I would be up there just now, now I'm stuck in the house watching it. Not often you get a chance to go to Knockhill when it isn't pissing it down.
#62 - CSF
In the Ginetta Juniors, I'm not convinced that was a jump start........!
Quote from DeKo :Not often you get a change to go to Knockhill when it isn't pissing it down.

True, but then its not a normal race meet at knockhill unless it's tipping down with rain.

Never a jump start btw....can on assume he was ahead in his grid box
#64 - CSF
Boardman seems intent on causing as much damage to other cars as he can.
A nice racial insult from Mr Potato on twitter, he's deleted it and apologised now of course...probably after being told to by his PR people.

Quote :“@jasonplato: Congrats to the talentless pikey in race 3!.........: Allegedly”

If that had been Joey Barton or Lewis Hamilton, people would be calling for their heads.
It's quite odd how pikey is such a largely accepted slur against gypsies. It's like people have no clue whatsoever the offence it causes (not every gyspy lives up the stereotype). Brundle used it a few years back describing the repair job on the tarmac at Canada as well, no one really cared.
Quote from Bean0 :A nice racial insult from Mr Potato on twitter.

Since when is pikey defined as a race?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romani_people for those who don't know anything about gypsy culture and ethnicity. Pikey is an offensive term as the n word or the p word. The gypsy culture is very hidden away from 'general society' hence why no one realises how offensive a term like pikey is. If people knew they wouldn't use it so freely in public.
Quote from Intrepid :It's quite odd how pikey is such a largely accepted slur against gypsies. It's like people have no clue whatsoever the offence it causes (not every gyspy lives up the stereotype). Brundle used it a few years back describing the repair job on the tarmac at Canada as well, no one really cared.

Wasn't Brundle nearly out of his job about this, with various 'newspapers' running a "Sack Brundle" campaign?

I think pikey is a legitimate term personally, and accurately described the repair work at Canada that year.
Quote from CSF :In the Ginetta Juniors, I'm not convinced that was a jump start........!

Slightly off topic... But whoever thinks the BTCC is a crashfest should watch the Ginetta Juniors

Quote from Intrepid :Brundle used it a few years back describing the repair job on the tarmac at Canada as well, no one really cared.

Still... Dozens of people found it worth complaining about it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Brundle#Pikey_probe
It's casual racism, much like how the term p*ki/n*gro was used in the 70s. People just don't understand beyond their own little world how these terms affect real people. Gyspies appear to be the last ethnic group that people are so comfortable being racist against in public. It's shocking and shows how many short sighted dumb ass people there are in this country. Though I doubt only the very stupidest person would call a gypsy a pikey in front of their face and considerate a legitimate term.

Anyway Plato has said 'sorry' now. Hopefully others will demonstrate they have more than one brain cell before they open their mouths on twitter.
I've never even heard the term pikey. But then, we don't exactly have many gypsys 'round these parts.
I think there is a difference.

Not all pikeys are gypsies/travellers.
Most gypsies/travellers are pikeys (the way to tell is if they 'own' a Transit van).

They aren't a 'race', so no racism.
plato spat his dummy out again, in all fairness the performance between turbo and non turbo cars does need to be addressed but adding weight and taking away boost isnt the answer, there needs to be one set of engine rules that all teams need to stick to.

is anyone else fed up of plato :/ going on about his record and such, put him in the wtcc and he wouldnt be anywhere near the front
Quote from kirmy :going on about his record and such, put him in the wtcc and he wouldnt be anywhere near the front

He did a few WTCC races in 2005, and wasn't THAT ridiculous considering that he didn't know most of the tracks, etc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J ... ato#Complete_WTCC_results

Keep in mind that the WTCC field is completely rubbish this year after BMW's and Seat's withdrawals, put him in a factory Chevrolet and he's fighting with Muller and Huff for the title(he did battle a lot against them in BTCC anyway, and even beated Muller for the title in 2001, while they were both at Vauxhall).

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG