The online racing simulator
16 hours 2011 5th anniversary +50% for FREE!!!! - April Fool
As it is our 5th 16 hours race, we will give you another 50% Race for FREE!!!

The Track this year will be South City City Long.

The Classes are GT1 and NGT.

Date, Time or Both will be posted in a few days/weeks/months/years as usually.

The Track won't be South City City Long and you won't have to race 24 hours

I can't tell you now what exactly will be chosen as track and classes, but i promise i will tell you this month.

The race will take place in october as usually.
so first 16h race and then 8h afterwards?
I hope it's the traditionnal annual joke. Extending the mighty 16 hour race to 24 would be a bit like reducing the 24 hours of Le Mans to 16 hours: blasphemy
What do you mean FREE????
No need to refuel???!!! No need to change tires???!!! No damage & no scratched paints???!!!
Oh that's really nice. It's hard to maintain a team nowedays. It's a cost that a few can afford... The cost for tire sets, fuel, oil, paint, drivers payment, pit crew payment etc are really a headache!!!!!!
/fun_mode off
It's good to know the track. It's going to be like F1 Monaco race.......!!!!!
Good work
Quote from commandermas :The Track won't be South City City Long and you won't have to race 24 hours

Too bad for 1st point. So4 would have been quite challenging and fun.

Plus if you see it that way - Aston in 2007-2009, Kyoto in 2008, Fern Bay in 2010... Only 3 tracks left on the list, Blackwood, Westhill and South City. BL and WE aren't very fitting for long multiclass endus, so we only have SO left.

About 2nd point though... pfew
-
(Deutschland2007) DELETED by Deutschland2007
GO SO!
Quote from Tomhah :GO SO!

would be nice, BUT:

ironically, everyone wants to drive something different to the mostly driven as-tracks (or ky3/r)
but as soon as it comes to another track (see last year's fe4r-race), the number of participants is ridiculously low...
Quote from M Ekström :would be nice, BUT:

ironically, everyone wants to drive something different to the mostly driven as-tracks (or ky3/r)
but as soon as it comes to another track (see last year's fe4r-race), the number of participants is ridiculously low...

Are you sure it is because of the track? I have the feeling it was more due to LFS' current "so-so" shape rather than anything else. I wouldn't be surprised if we even get slightly fewer cars this time, no matter what track is chosen.
I guess it´s both.
Look how many teams signed in and didn´t take part in the end.
I know that there are always a lot of those teams. But if you see the names of that teams from last year...
I doubt the track had much to do with it tbh...
I'm sure FE4R put off people entering NGT because of the difficulty of the track('av rolled). But you can't really compare SO and FE4R in that aspect..
Now i can release the next pack of information for you:

We had to wait until Z30 to tell you, that we will drive something like Kyoto Super GP. We are testing some combinations atm and if we have some favorites we will have a server online for tests.
Awesome!
yeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaa
Sounds awesome!
It definitely does!
Quote from commandermas :Now i can release the next pack of information for you:

We had to wait until Z30 to tell you, that we will drive something like Kyoto Super GP. We are testing some combinations atm and if we have some favorites we will have a server online for tests.

What about the available car classes? Still GT1/GT2/NGT, or GT1/NGT as the (joking) OP says?
GT1/GT2/NGT are the classes
Thanks.
No more news?
It's not until october... I'm sure all the news on a need to know basis will be posted at least month and a half before like it's always been.
Looking foward to it again! o/
May we gonna get the weather settings to sunset/Sunrise/cloudy? Clear day starting to get bit monotonous, imo. What's about windy conditions, or we're staying at the standart settings?
we are discussing all the things right now. the track is shortly before being released.
Quote from commandermas :we are discussing all the things right now. the track is shortly before being released.

:woohoo:
Rockingham plzzz

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG