The online racing simulator
Quote from commandermas :Well my idea was just KY33. But here is the layout. If you prefer that

This night I see the new official layout at my home
that is a lot better!
Can someone help me please? how can I open this layouts? i dont find it anywhere if I run lfs.

many thanks in advance
Quote from Meier :Can someone help me please? how can I open this layouts? i dont find it anywhere if I run lfs.

many thanks in advance

when you're in the trackselection screen, you need to press Ctrl. Then the x and y layouts are selectable. You choose Y in this case and you get a list of layouts displayed. And finished action in now.
Quote from commandermas :Well my idea was just KY33. But here is the layout. If you prefer that

Still lacking some speedbumps at the chicane, unless you plan to let people cut there as much as they want.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Still lacking some speedbumps at the chicane, unless you plan to let people cut there as much as they want.

He's already said he does not mind people cutting. (i prefer the bumps too but ....)
I know that cutting is not a problem for you but I have to suggest speedbumps for the chicane before the oval. It really could be a "slow chicane" that leads to a fast part of the oval offering 2 passing zones. One at the braking for the chicane and the other one during the oval part if the following car has a better exit from that turn. The current layout offers just a fast straight with no interest. I'll post pictures of my suggestion later to explain what I mean.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :I think the admins should consider using the KY33R layout from the PMD/boothy pack, it is basically the same track with a slow and realistic(-ish) chicane at that place.

http://www.lfsforum.net/attach ... d=113857&d=1304275697

To be honest I don't like that layout. It sure is a trully correct layout for MoE but I'm not a supporter of any changes of the real track with fake items. Keep in mind that we are going on the reverse order of MoE so this makes the boothy chicane even more difficult. Also that's an escape area if you miss the brake point so it really shouldn't stop excisting. I'd like to see some speed humps on the right & maybe some armco on the left just where the grass starts.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Quote from nikosk31 :To be honest I don't like that layout. It sure is a trully correct layout for MoE but I'm not a supporter of any changes of the real track with fake items. Keep in mind that we are going on the reverse order of MoE so this makes the boothy chicane even more difficult. Also that's an escape area if you miss the brake point so it really shouldn't stop excisting. I'd like to see some speed humps on the right & maybe some armco on the left just where the grass starts.

I totally agree with you on the "don't touch challenging parts" argument in general, but not with this corner, because of its very unrealistic and ridiculously dangerous nature. No very high speed chicane in the world would be left with absolutely no proper installations at the apexes and a very dangerous concrete wall at the exit. And let's not forget the buggy nature of the kerb/concrete green area.

To prevent cutting on the second apex, you would either have to add objects(tyres, walls) or speed bumps. I guess objects can't be considered as this is a receipe for disaster, therefore you are stuck with speed bumps. Teams are left with 3 options basically:

1) Fully cut the second apex lap after lap, deal with the unrealistic damper damage(possibly after having made a forgiving set on that point).
2) Just clip the curb slightly, though it is known to be buggy and throw cars away in an unpredictable fashion. Take the risk of either rolling(if you're in an NGT) or being sent to the outside wall at high speed. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNL5DduE8H0)
3) Stay away from the bumps and the kerb. Keep your car safe, but lose insane amounts of time.

None of those 3 solutions sound very fun to me, I wouldn't be looking forward sticking to one of those during 16 hours.

This is why that boothy chicane sounds a fine compromise to me in these conditions. For the record it has already been used in the reverse way in IGTC last year(though the first apex had been moved slightly to make the chicane slightly faster), and if I recall correctly the drivers were happy with it.
I don´t like that extra stuff at the chikane, but I give a +1 vote for speed bumps at the second Apex.
Tires or some other stuff at this point could be dangerus when some one miss the bracke point and throw the tires or what ever on the track and bring other drivers in truble.
Like the Layout much more than the first one Well done
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :
3) Stay away from the bumps and the kerb. Keep your car safe, but lose insane amounts of time.

lol you mean go around the corner with out trying to cut? i'm in UFR and have never rolled on that corner; the corner doesn't even project you into nothing if your ride height isn't so low, it's just your car physically hits the bump and gets bounced.

soften your suspension a bit, and don't try to cut, after a bit of practice you'll never roll and have an exit speed of 140-155 depending how much practice you've had.

if that 155 exit speed is slow, then "but lose insane amounts of time." welps I'm gonna finish first because you rolled it Mr reckless, it's an endurance, deal with it.

As you can see in this replay i did a few days ago, first lap, i go through to corner with out cutting going 145km/h with no damage or rolling lol
Attached files
Bear_KY3Y_UFR_FINISHED_2.spr - 439 KB - 238 views
Getting an OOS error with that replay.

Quote from bear21 :if that 155 exit speed is slow, then "but lose insane amounts of time." welps I'm gonna finish first because you rolled it Mr reckless, it's an endurance, deal with it.

Uh, clearly you do not have much experience with LFS endurance. The damage model is so ridiculously forgiving here that crashes affect races very rarely. It is not rare to see a team winning a race despite having had several crashes that would have sent the driver to hospital in real life.

Things are a bit different with NGT since you can actually roll them over. But this will only affect your race if you land on your roof/get enough suspension damage to have to repair.

Furthermore, the time you can potentially gain at that chicane is so huge that it is probably worth taking full risks here, even if that will cause you to roll once or twice(or even more) during the whole 16 hours.

Have you seen the video I posted? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNL5DduE8H0 Those guys finished 2nd/7 in class in that race, for the record.
I'm not a big fan of the curb cutting, but they are having to turn much sharper in order to make that. If we are able to cut as much as I think we can, we can take it nearly flat out with no worries.

Just pretend the green isn't there at all.
Well then, you have nothing to complain about, you seem very happy crashing every lap so i'm confused about why your complaining.

also the video is before a lot of new collision detection systems so it's not really relevant, and I've been playing lfs for a long time.

how about we do the enduro like this, and see who wins,

I'd love to see a replay of you doing a lap, if you can do the first split 2 full seconds faster then me then i might consider believing you that your best off cutting
Quote from bear21 :Well then, you have nothing to complain about, you seem very happy crashing every lap so i'm confused about why your complaining.

also the video is before a lot of new collision detection systems so it's not really relevant, and I've been playing lfs for a long time.

how about we do the enduro like this, and see who wins,

I'd love to see a replay of you doing a lap, if you can do the first split 2 full seconds faster then me then i might consider believing you that your best off cutting

"Evey lap"... Uh really. Re-read my posts please.

However your post is rather ironic considering that(if you care about it)I(both as a manager and a driver) always played the safe card and never took any kind of risk in the ridiculous amount of endus I have done over the years. I was just exposing that point as I do know that the "full risk" strategy is always worth being considered, and because some will always try it. I probably hate this kind of tricks as much as you do.

Are you sure the new detection system has much effects on those kerbs BTW? Don't think so. Didn't see any big difference so far.
From what i can tell the new detection systems should help stop the massive bounce where your car flys from to low/soft suspension and the car driving into the ground in between frames, although i could be wrong i suppose.

But i suppose we agree on some of the same principles, but regardless I'd like a challenge in my track, and if a car does land on it's side and they get reset 1 lap down... well 4minutes is a long time to catch up XD for 2 seconds a lap for 120 laps (8 hours) ehh , maybe someone can pull it off, even if they were to beat me in the end i'd still be happy with the fun/challenge i had racing XD

+1 vote to KY3Y_16ht2.lyt XD

I prefer this layout but I accept whatever the rules so provide

16 hours 2011 5th anniversary +50% for FREE!!!! - April Fool
(120 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG