The online racing simulator
Road noises
(5 posts, started )
Road noises
Hi,

Recently, with the "blast from the past" S1 H7, I saw how the driving feeling is different between this old S1 and S2 Z28, mostly better in the new S2. But I found the engine's simulation -excepting the non-managing of the engine stall- more realistic (less inertia) and sounds of the cars, even they're not customizable, more realistic...

However, the things that really arested me are road noises. In S2, we can hardly hear the road noises (tyres rolling on the road), so in S1 we hear them clearly.

So I think a come back of those noises in LFS could be nice.
Don't ask that, it would take a lot of years....
Quote from superxp :Hi,

Recently, with the "blast from the past" S1 H7, I saw how the driving feeling is different between this old S1 and S2 Z28, mostly better in the new S2. But I found the engine's simulation -excepting the non-managing of the engine stall- more realistic (less inertia) and sounds of the cars, even they're not customizable, more realistic...

However, the things that really arested me are road noises. In S2, we can hardly hear the road noises (tyres rolling on the road), so in S1 we hear them clearly.

So I think a come back of those noises in LFS could be nice.

I'm pretty sure you can adjust the sound volumes of all the effects in the game, so you can turn road noise back up.
You can manually increase the volume by editing the file Road.wav in data/sound folder.
TBH I can't see how someone could think that the engine sounds in old S1 were better. As a guy who is quite passionate about engine sounds I find this even a bit frightening. Engine sounds in S1 sound very synthesized. S2 has a lot more natural sound, few cars like XFG and XRG may sound very muffled, but it can easily be fixed with some proper .eng tweaking. In S2 only cars what really seem to suffer from synth like sounds are the boxer engined ones.

Tho even after writing this I just have to admit it's a matter of a taste what you like. Still I think I can say that the new sounds are much more closer to reality.

Road noises
(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG