The online racing simulator
CPW - updated cheat protection
(97 posts, started )
Yes you all ARE!
need help
I keep getting this message "conduct warning 5 ban until global 30 day ban" when i log in a room.
>
> here is a scene shot of what it says http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/vv305/jojo4948/LFS.png

and i have the .exe that was on this forum in and still get it. what can i do to fix this?
That message act as a warning: as it says, if you were to get banned 5 more times your account would get a 30-day global ban. Its simply showing up due to the number of bans in the past month - not related to the .exe you're current using.

Did you get CPW-bans in the past couple of days to get banned this many times?

According to Victor you would get a 30 day global ban if you were to get 15 bans in the last 30 days. You would have gotten an email reminder at 10 bans.
Read for your self (source):
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1360594
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1360610

The message will disappear after few of the bans expire (more than 30 days).
Bans
The guy in the picture should be banned for using a stupidly high suspension setup.
Agreed
Why is it so damn strict I can't use any of my skins?
Quote from DeadlyDrift :Why is it so damn strict I can't use any of my skins?

Skins have nothing to do with it.. if you read the OP.
Quote from Mr.Turtle :............. or do it yourself Maybe....

don't tell me thinks like that. watch your join date and watch @ mine. if you are using lfs about 7 years and everytime you listen to empty words i think you will say the same. and b.t.w. we all paid for S2 FULL and not for any alpha or beta... if you just want to use an alpha version, it's your choice, not mine.
-
(rosewood2) DELETED by rosewood2 : screaming
Nah, you should use genuine files and a reliable connection.

Like everyone else.
Heeelp ! That .exe isn't working for me any more.. i got that CPW crap for the first time about 2 weeks ago and then i downloaded the .exe a couple of times cuz i kept getting these CPW errors every 3 days but everytime i copied the. exe in the lfs folder all was well untill this morning. It won't work no matter what i try. It was ok when i got up then i noticed that avg finished a scheduled scan and then i got a CPW error. I copied the .exe one more time but no success. I read a post by a guy that said his .exe files wont work every time avg finished a scheduled scan. Do you think AVG has something to do with that ? I should also point out that i have never used a cheat and i am not using one now....
Quote from rosewood2 :I have changed my decide. Scawen, delete CPW!

get s2 before demanding things?
#62 - senn
better yet create a second "new" LFS folder (fresh install) and see if you still get the same problems. If you don't then there's a problem with the files you're using.
Would be nice to have some hash (sha1 or such) of the exe from the users, who use the linked lfs.exe but have CPW problems. I am pretty shure they have some kind of virus wich the AV does not detect.
Quote from Scawen :The cheat protection system was made more strict on Friday, to reduce the number of people using cheats online.

Reduce? Why not eliminate?

This suggests there are still cheats and cheaters playing. Not that I've played LFS in a while.
There is allways a ballance, if you totally block something your doomed to actually block some features you actually want. There is a lot of examples where companies tries to make things more secure, but in the end makes avarage Joe suffer from it.

Keep it as it is now is probally ok, people will cheat no matter what you do
Please help me. I can't play the game cuz i keep getting CPW errors give me some suggestions on what to do or whatever. I have never used any forms of cheats or tweaks in the game. All i have is a golf mk3 gti mod for xfg. Thats all! Previous times when i get the CPW error i just copied the .exe and it kept working for some time. I installed the game in a different folder but no success.
So when you download the original genuine LFS.exe and try to run LFS with it, it doesn't work?
Nope
Quote from ilia93 :Heeelp ! That .exe isn't working for me any more.. i got that CPW crap for the first time about 2 weeks ago and then i downloaded the .exe a couple of times cuz i kept getting these CPW errors every 3 days but everytime i copied the. exe in the lfs folder all was well untill this morning. It won't work no matter what i try. It was ok when i got up then i noticed that avg finished a scheduled scan and then i got a CPW error. I copied the .exe one more time but no success. I read a post by a guy that said his .exe files wont work every time avg finished a scheduled scan. Do you think AVG has something to do with that ? I should also point out that i have never used a cheat and i am not using one now....

then just redownload LFS - copy your setups over ( and skins) - and run the fresher copy

There should be no reason why a 'clean install' of lfs wouldn't work.

if you have ENBSeries - remove it.

Get rid of AVG - it is absolute crap. Switch to something better.
i would like this cpw to be optional,

like today when i me and my friend wanted to play around with some extended steerlock and some tweak he gets banned cuz of this.. on my private host..
you should be able to email the devs to get it removed
Would it maybe be possible for server admins to turn it on/off like the anti-cutting penalties, via LFSWorld ?
No.

But I wonder what happens when you make the /data/misc/bans.ban file read only.
it should just be optinal in the server settings if the server should run with it..
Then it would be quite useless from the developers' point of view. I think they should have the ability to say what hosts should be allowed. Otherwise, the cheating would start to spread again

CPW - updated cheat protection
(97 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG