The online racing simulator
CPW - updated cheat protection
(97 posts, started )
Scawen get to work tyre physics please
always good to see fight against cheaters ongoing. Even better, i didnt get cpw

keep up the good work, thanks
I just have to say ...

THANK GOD Scawen is still alive and working on LFS!
WOW - I like this News Scawen!

THANKS a LOT! (I think I allready saw something on annother driver who
seemed to be a little tiny bit faster than me, all the time... heheh
Thx Scaven

When i see the Wishlist in the Improvement Section for S3 i can understand your quietly Working.

You must think we are completly crazy.
I think its just cheking that freaking exe's MD5 sum!
Thanx scawen
it's nice to see some update's on lfs
wish you a good luck with S3
I never got some of those CPW errors. That system could be good. Good work Scawen.
I have noticed quite a few people getting bumped during the connection process with the CPW notice.

I also haven't noticed any extra fast drivers on my servers since this was introduced, unless there have been some when I wasn't around.

Overall, it's been much better for everyone, especially for those who can't figure out why they aren't as fast as some.

Thanks for doing this.

-Maurice
Good, you are still alive
Quote from scania :Good, you are still alive

+1

I am racing with nKPro waiting for LFS to improve... maybe one day. :/
Quote from AProst :+1

I am racing with nKPro waiting for LFS to improve... maybe one day. :/

I don't understand why you think it needs to improve. It's a very good simulator. It hasn't gotten bad, how could it? If it was very, very good a year or two ago and nothing has changed, then it is still very, very good. In fact, an improvement was made just about a year ago and another improvement just recently by stopping some cheating.

Does it take something new to spark your renewed interest? Certainly you haven't mastered every single car combination on every available track configuration yet. I'm sure there is still something for you to explore. And besides, if you participate online with LFS, that's where the excitement is, no matter if LFS has a new revision or not.

I've found that if I just go into a server and ride around for a short time, someone else will come in. Then another, and another, and now we have a race! And it's fun. That's what it's all about.

-Maurice
Quote from mopar93 :I don't understand why you think it needs to improve. It's a very good simulator. It hasn't gotten bad, how could it? If it was very, very good a year or two ago and nothing has changed, then it is still very, very good. In fact, an improvement was made just about a year ago and another improvement just recently by stopping some cheating.

Does it take something new to spark your renewed interest? Certainly you haven't mastered every single car combination on every available track configuration yet. I'm sure there is still something for you to explore. And besides, if you participate online with LFS, that's where the excitement is, no matter if LFS has a new revision or not.

I've found that if I just go into a server and ride around for a short time, someone else will come in. Then another, and another, and now we have a race! And it's fun. That's what it's all about.

-Maurice

Compare his join date with yours.

After 5 years of you being involved in LFS, we can talk about this. I'm sure you won't be as optimistic as now.
Quote from Mysho :Compare his join date with yours.

After 5 years of you being involved in LFS, we can talk about this. I'm sure you won't be as optimistic as now.

Yet, I have also paid for rFactor and nkPro and they are both good, but I haven't seen how they are better than LFS. So, the length of time I've spent with LFS isn't a factor, because it's the same length of time I've spent with the other simulators and I see LFS as being the better one. I'm not knocking the others, I just think overall, LFS is better.

And being a programmer myself, I can appreiciate what Scawen is going through (including Eric and Victor). They aren't typical programmers, as they prefer to get as close to perfection as possible before release. I can see that in their work. Look at the overall picture, the detail on the tracks and cars and how everything works. It's very good and very well thought out.

And since this is a CPW thread and we've gone a little off topic, I'm glad that Scawen is trying to curtail the cheaters. Cheating isn't winning.

-Maurice
You should update the LFS News in the Index Page(www.lfs.net/index.php)
I dedicated a server for about 2h and got about 15 auto bans...
Quote from Mysho :Compare his join date with yours.

i've been here since 2004. i still find LFS interesting enough to play it for an hour or two every week. i thought the guy had some great points.

for me, LFS is just the platform to have great races. these races can happen with any racing game/sim i play. LFS can't get "worse", it's your expectations that have changed, not LFS. the physics are still at a high enough standard that you can still go onto a server and have an enjoyable evening of hard racing. what makes LFS unique is how quickly you can get a great race with others. with Rfactor, you need the correct track downloaded, the correct cars downloaded. Rfactor is also a good game but it's a bit like a 50cc scooter, you'd give it a go, but you wouldn't tell your friends.
-
(rosewood2) DELETED by rosewood2 : Too violent
Quote from rosewood2 :I had this problem while being on Police Practise Demo. I were for 15 second and then CPW. I hate that error. Scawen, delete that CPW cause that will make me angry. :grumpy::banghead:

How about you stop cheating?
#46 - DeKo
Quote from Not Sure :How about you stop cheating?

That's a big accusation, plenty of people have had this problem who have never cheated in their life, don't assume the system is perfect.
Quote from Scawen : The standard Z28 exe is included in the zip file attached to this post. So if your copy of Z28 is modified, you can save the attached one over your modified LFS.exe and you should not get CPW messages any more.

Wouldn't it be even better to extend files checking from just exe file to track files as well? (sorry if it's already done this way, I hadn't chance to check it yet)

I witnessed some users passing through barriers as if they weren't there... and in fact they don't have 'em. It's easily done, actually, took me just few minutes of hexediting to replicate this 'hack'
Result: http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/4036/lfsnobariers.jpg
Quote from rosewood2 :I had this problem while being on Police Practise Demo. I were for 15 second and then CPW. I hate that error. Scawen, delete that CPW cause that will make me angry. :grumpy::banghead:

Every server returns a CPW error if the LFS.exe you're entering is not the same version. Probably you're running a modified .exe, such as one that lets you use a larger steering lock than the standard or something that fad.
Quote from dadge :i've been here since 2004. i still find LFS interesting enough to play it for an hour or two every week. i thought the guy had some great points.

for me, LFS is just the platform to have great races. these races can happen with any racing game/sim i play. LFS can't get "worse", it's your expectations that have changed, not LFS. the physics are still at a high enough standard that you can still go onto a server and have an enjoyable evening of hard racing. what makes LFS unique is how quickly you can get a great race with others. with Rfactor, you need the correct track downloaded, the correct cars downloaded. Rfactor is also a good game but it's a bit like a 50cc scooter, you'd give it a go, but you wouldn't tell your friends.

It does not matter which game is better. The fact is that in the last 2 years nothing has happened. you hear words like "Early 2009" but what happened? nothing. There are enough bugs in lfs as on Fern Bay or Kyoto if you go into the guard rail or wall such like this example here: http://www.mimic-clan.de/index.php?forum-showposts-46-p1#121 or the tire physics. this bugs they could have fixed long ago. Therefore, live for speed is almost dead. old players switching to other games like I-Racing etc cause nothing happenend. if the next patch is not a "wow/bang patch" or something like this, i think more players will change the game.

anti cheat is ok, its better to have it and not need it as to need it and have none but i think there are more important things to do like real bug fixing and less empty words.
(sry 4 my english)
I think LFS is fine ! Keep up the Great Work we all expect from U guys .......NOW ........
Got to have it NOW society ............. Quit complaining ! or do it yourself Maybe....
Spoiled brats arent we ALL

CPW - updated cheat protection
(97 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG