The online racing simulator
CPW - updated cheat protection
(97 posts, started )
Hello Racers.

The cheat protection system was made more strict on Friday, to reduce the number of people using cheats online.

There were some problems at first but it seems to be working well now.

If you find you are kicked and banned from a host, with a CPW message, you are probably using a modified LFS.exe (texture changes are allowed). The standard Z28 exe is included in the zip file attached to this post. So if your copy of Z28 is modified, you can save the attached one over your modified LFS.exe and you should not get CPW messages any more.

Sorry about the disruption caused to some users during the time it took to get this working correctly.
Attached files
LFS_Z28_EXE.zip - 971.9 KB - 1448 views
#2 - SFynx
good job, back to tyre physics plz
So you were busy with this Cheat protecblabla all the time?
All the time.. probably since Thursday or Friday.
Quote from RasmusL :All the time.. probably since Thursday or Friday, because the tyre physics are finished and awaiting Christmas.

So why are the errors called CPW errors, while everybody's talking about a CPS (Cheat Protection System) all the time?
#8 - Mysho
Quote from rediske :So why are the errors called CPW errors, while everybody's talking about a CPS (Cheat Protection System) all the time?

Does that really matter? No idea why there must be everytime someone complaining about something totally pointless. It works now and that's what counts.
#9 - PoVo
Quote from rediske :So why are the errors called CPW errors, while everybody's talking about a CPS (Cheat Protection System) all the time?

Car Properties Wrong?
Quote from Mysho :Does that really matter? No idea why there must be everytime someone complaining about something totally pointless. It works now and that's what counts.

what? complaining? illepall
My guess is the cheat protection system hands out Cheat Protection Warnings
Is there any way to get unbanned from the servers if I already got the CPW error?

I accidentally went in the server with the wrong .exe even though I changed yesterday to another .exe, but I made a copy LFS and didn't delete the modified .exe. But I forgot about it and automatically pressed on the wrong LFS.exe.

And now host refuses me to come in even with the admin password and I have to organize the event tomorrow in that server, so I need to get unbanned. For how long are these bans, permanent or no? I'm not really bothered to read the old threads, but I'm pretty sure someone already asked these questions, but you guys are spamming so fast, I am too lazy to read all the posts, so it would be great if someone could answer once again.
I think that they were 12h bans, am I right?
Cpw
The file downloaded is corrupted or unknow format!!!
It works for me.
Quote from andRo. :Is there any way to get unbanned from the servers if I already got the CPW error?

Connect the host to the InSim relay and unban yourself via Remote.

Quote from andRo. :For how long are these bans, permanent or no?

12 hours.
thank you cheaters for employing Scawen with this crap which just postpones new real patch release
Hmm, after I started to get CPW errors, I downloaded the new .exe that Scawen provided, but now, when I try to open this .exe, it says that it can't open data/skins/HEL_DEFAULT.jpg
Quote from bavorak :thank you cheaters for employing Scawen with this crap which just postpones new real patch release

Oh damn he wasted whole 3 days OMG
morpha - Thanks.

ImudilaSkyline - Because you are missing your default helmet skin file. Ask it from someone or download it somewhere and put it in that folder with the same name as it is shown (HEL_DEFAULT.jpg) and you shouldn't have any problems.
#21 - PoVo
Quote from ImudilaSkyline :Hmm, after I started to get CPW errors, I downloaded the new .exe that Scawen provided, but now, when I try to open this .exe, it says that it can't open data/skins/HEL_DEFAULT.jpg

Create any blank file named HEL_DEFAULT.JPG and put it in data/skins/
Quote from PoVo :Create any blank file named HEL_DEFAULT.JPG and put it in data/skins/

Already tried that, didn't help. Maybe the problem is where the new .exe is? I placed it in a folder (not LFS folder). I used to start the game by the desktop shortcut. Should I place the new .exe to the LFS folder and delete the old LFS.exe from there?

Thanks!
Quote from ImudilaSkyline :Already tried that, didn't help. Maybe the problem is where the new .exe is? I placed it in a folder (not LFS folder). I used to start the game by the desktop shortcut. Should I place the new .exe to the LFS folder and delete the old LFS.exe from there?

Thanks!

lol yeah. you basically replaced a shortcut to your LFS.exe
Quote from ImudilaSkyline :Already tried that, didn't help. Maybe the problem is where the new .exe is? I placed it in a folder (not LFS folder). I used to start the game by the desktop shortcut. Should I place the new .exe to the LFS folder and delete the old LFS.exe from there?

Thanks!

Yes, your old LFS.exe should be replaced by the new LFS.exe in your LFS directory.
Thanks guys, got it fixed!

(97 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG