The online racing simulator
DTR is down
(16 posts, started )
DTR is down
Duct Tape Racing will no longer exist, i have talked to blixten and we both agreed on that we dont have the time or strength to keep it going, we have had uphill all the way and cant really reach the top right now and neither me or blixten has the time or strength to keep DTR alive.

Atleast i will still be on this forum and on the track and continue driving as usuall.
What was DTR?
Quote from simme181 :Duct Tape Racing will no longer exist, i have talked to blixten and we both agreed on that we dont have the time or strength to keep it going, we have had uphill all the way and cant really reach the top right now and neither me or blixten has the time or strength to keep DTR alive.

Atleast i will still be on this forum and on the track and continue driving as usuall.

anyway I never saw you guys on track, or if I did, I didn't noticed
Did the humiliation of being paired with TRR push it over the edge?

Good luck for the future
It was a swedish endurance team started by me and blixten, we where aiming for GTAL this season but didnt make it and havent had much time to be seen anywhere
Quote from Dennis93 :What was DTR?

#7 - Zay
Quote from zippytheone :Did the humiliation of being paired with TRR push it over the edge?

Good luck for the future

Hey, I never found that funny, I think people should stop picking on TRR and go do something other than making fun of people.
Quote from zippytheone :Did the humiliation of being paired with TRR push it over the edge?

Good luck for the future

Just back off okay? DTR did nothing to deserve flaming and joking. Ive seen this team since they started and they have always been nice and never actually done anything what i concieve as wrong.

I wish them good luck with the future whatever their choises may be.
Thx guys
Good Luck to ya' all DTR members in future
Sorry for what happened guys.

I wish you lots of luck for the future, our door is always open.

Scawen hurry up with S3!!!!
Quote from rockclan :Scawen hurry up with S3!!!!

A group of teens split-up because of being disappointed of being only on reserve list in an amateur endurace league. How on Earth can it be Scawen's fault?

Quote from AcesHigh :Just back off okay? DTR did nothing to deserve flaming and joking. Ive seen this team since they started and they have always been nice and never actually done anything what i concieve as wrong.

I wish them good luck with the future whatever their choises may be.

They probably don't deserve flaming, okay. But sorry, this sounds silly. I mean, no longer than 4 days ago, they made a partnership with another other team. And some time before they signed with new drivers. Which means that this decision has been taken in a very short time, probably without having a real think about that.

It's not like managing a team takes ages. It's quite simple if you are organised, once you have the skins, the forum, the website, you are all sorted, just take a few minutes a day to see what's going around, and that's all, no need to do more if you are busy. You may then take more time if you want to do special stuff, I don't know, a website update, an article, but that's just optional. Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you have the time to drive, you have the time to roughly manage a team. Therefore pretending they don't have the time for it is probably wrong.

They pretend not having made it to GTAL, but that's technically incorrect. In fact, they have made it to it, the only problem is that they haven't made it to the full time list. If they had a look at what happened in the previous seasons and at who's in front of them on reserve, they would knew that it would have been very likely for them to get a slot in the 2nd half of the season. I know it can be very frustrating to be on reserve, it's something I experienced several times in my "career", but it's not worth throwing everything away, you just have to cheer up yourself with other stuff until you get a slot.

And it's not even like GTAL was the only league where they signed-up, what will happen to their Desire of Patience tour entry?

So yea, just IMHO, this is silly. Unless they have real plans for the future(TRR?:tilt, in which case I withdraw all what I say. But I seriously doubt it.

/rant
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :A group of teens split-up because of being disappointed of being only on reserve list in an amateur endurace league. How on Earth can it be Scawen's fault?

I was never disappointed, I just wanted the skins and to drive better.

Kinda sucky the second team/group I go into kicks it me out. But oh well.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :A group of teens split-up because of being disappointed of being only on reserve list in an amateur endurace league. How on Earth can it be Scawen's fault?

They probably don't deserve flaming, okay. But sorry, this sounds silly. I mean, no longer than 4 days ago, they made a partnership with another other team. And some time before they signed with new drivers. Which means that this decision has been taken in a very short time, probably without having a real think about that.

It's not like managing a team takes ages. It's quite simple if you are organised, once you have the skins, the forum, the website, you are all sorted, just take a few minutes a day to see what's going around, and that's all, no need to do more if you are busy. You may then take more time if you want to do special stuff, I don't know, a website update, an article, but that's just optional. Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you have the time to drive, you have the time to roughly manage a team. Therefore pretending they don't have the time for it is probably wrong.

They pretend not having made it to GTAL, but that's technically incorrect. In fact, they have made it to it, the only problem is that they haven't made it to the full time list. If they had a look at what happened in the previous seasons and at who's in front of them on reserve, they would knew that it would have been very likely for them to get a slot in the 2nd half of the season. I know it can be very frustrating to be on reserve, it's something I experienced several times in my "career", but it's not worth throwing everything away, you just have to cheer up yourself with other stuff until you get a slot.

And it's not even like GTAL was the only league where they signed-up, what will happen to their Desire of Patience tour entry?

So yea, just IMHO, this is silly. Unless they have real plans for the future(TRR?:tilt, in which case I withdraw all what I say. But I seriously doubt it.

/rant

I dont say your wrong, but i dont want this thread to turn out the way the TRR thread did. With pages of useless bulls**t. I know what your talking about, ive been managing a team for 2 years. And like you say, it doesnt take much more than lets say 10-12min a day to manage a team once you got skins and stuff sorted out.

IMO they went in with to high expectations to start off with. And when
they didnt reach their goal they got tired of.

Maybe they just are tired of LFS? who knows...

Quote from TehPaws3D :I was never disappointed, I just wanted the skins and to drive better.

Kinda sucky the second team/group I go into kicks it me out. But oh well.

Well to cheer you up i can tell you didnt get kicked, the team got dissolved and thus nothing you can help. It shouldnt effect your reputation to get into another team.
TRR thread turned out the way it did because of numpty brain's posts on page 2. These guys said they were aiming for IGTC/MoE, but quit because they didn't get into GTAL. I don't know what they were expecting with little experience or practice, and what they thought they needed to do to improve and get to a higher level as drivers and as a team, but obviously they weren't bothered as a month after saying they were aiming for the big time, this is what we have.
we didn't have the time we wanted to put on the team thats all, we both is starting our first year at high school and thats take alot of time and atleast I started to get abit bored of LFS so iam just playing in periods, so i didn't realy have the time to stay on the same level as a was on before.

DTR is down
(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG