The online racing simulator
Is it OK to use wireless?
(130 posts, started )
Quote from Degats :If some but not all seem to be lagging, it's generally an idication that their connection to the server is worse than yours. If everyone else seems to be lagging, then it's almost certainly you, not them.

The server was my machine, so my connection was kind of... perfect We wanted to check if there is any difference betwen WiFi and LAN cable by hosting two games on the same machine with different connections. It was everybody else lagging while trying to connect to a WiFi machine.

the result was simply devastating for WiFi... I did not expect such a difference myself...

I know that hosting a game is quite an extreme example, but if there was no difference between WiFi and cable, than why shouldn't a host with WiFi work?

Quote from skstibi :I suppose you have a 30 meter cable you can send me?

30 meter cable? You are having quite a long distances to anywhere over there in New Zealand
Quote from pandera :You are having quite a long distance to anywhere over there in New Zealand

New thread title: "Is it OK to play LFS from New Zealand?"
Quote from pik_d :New thread title: "Is it OK to play LFS from New Zealand?"

Answer: Why are you playing LFS?! Aren't there still sheep in New Zealand.

:hide:
I run my ASUS M50SA on vista, over a Linksys WRT160N and don't have any lag issues at all.
Quote from Darkkness :I run my ASUS M50SA on vista, over a Linksys WRT160N and don't have any lag issues at all.

The truth is there will never be a total agrement in this thread, because the number of variations of hardware/software/network providers/other factors makes it simply impossible...

But IMO there is one thing we could agree on: if you are on WiFi, and you experience some lagging from time to time, chcek it with the cable first, before blaming others. And if it solves the problem stay with the cable, even if it was from time to time only. Nothing more.

Is it OK to use wireless?
(130 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG