The online racing simulator
Suddenly can't get an access for multiplayer
Hello! I was going to play some multiplayer and now I can't get an access, it is getting immediately a info that, attempt to connect master server failed

"COULD NOT RESOLVE ADDRESS OF MASTER SERVER" this happened suddenly, what is wrong now?
It works for the rest of the people.

Maybe a DNS problem?
Quote from Whiskey :It works for the rest of the people.

Maybe a DNS problem?

Can't be, but it is not even trying to find any servers

E: and now it suddenly works again. This happens nowdays very much to me, sometimes you have to wait 1 hour to get access again
Where you in a work place/business? Or where you at home with more than 2 computers using the same router?
Try Start>Run>cmd and type "ping master.lfs.net". Besides some ping info you should see the IP address of the master server, it should be 213.40.20.2
Quote from TehPaws3D :Where you in a work place/business? Or where you at home with more than 2 computers using the same router?

I am @ home and we have 3 computers, yes using same router

Quote from MadCatX :Try Start>Run>cmd and type "ping master.lfs.net". Besides some ping info you should see the IP address of the master server, it should be 213.40.20.2

I tried but timed out
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :

I tried but timed out

Make sure any other computers are disconnected (Temporarily) and try to ping again, Also make sure you are DIRECTLY Connected to the router via Ethernet cable.

Edit, More thought; Type in ipconfig /flushdns in your command prompt before trying that.
Seems like your DNS has a problem. There is a temporary workaround, but I wouldn't recommend it as a long-term solution.
Navigate to "C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc", there should be a "hosts" file (yes, without extension). Open it in notepad and add following lines

213.40.20.2 master.lfs.net
213.40.20.2 master.liveforspeed.net

an the end of the file. Save and reboot. After that, you should be able to ping the master server.

There might be a "hosts.sam" instead of "hosts" file in the directory. If that's the case, remove the extension and edit it in the same way.
MadCatX, hosts and hosts.sam (sometimes also hosts.ics) are totally separate files. He needs to create new hosts file if he doesn't has one.
Quote :
There might be a "hosts.sam" instead of "hosts" file in the directory. If that's the case, remove the extension and edit it in the same way.

That's what I suggested, isn't it? AFAIK "hosts.sam" is just a sample file with few examples how to write your own definitions. Renaming the "hosts.sam" to "hosts" and editing it as I suggested should work perfectly IMO. Of course if there is a "hosts" file present already, editing it directly is the way to go.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG