The online racing simulator
Koran Burning
(194 posts, started )
If there can be a Christian Church, a Jewish Temple, and a Church of Scientology in New York City, why not an Islamic Mosque as well? Just because a small group of idiots claimed they committed a terrorist act in the name of that particular religion? As if they're representative of the whole.

I live about 25 miles west of New York City. I could see the smoke rising from the towers in the distance on the day of the attacks. Why should it bother me if someone wants to build this structure near where the attacks took place? This isn't a holy war as our right-wing media would have us believe. The motivations of the attackers 9 years ago had little to do with religion and more with US involvement in the middle east.

That all who accept such irrational ideas as those present in religion are nuts is beside the point.
Religion - Or in other words: My god is better than your god.

Religion should guide you and led your way, like general things

- Help an old woman over the road.
- Donate money to the poor
- Just be nice everyday to the people around you and respect them (yes, i am talking about your real life not about the behavior in this forum)

and so on.

The thing is just: If you make religion the core of your life, you forget what life is just about. Living every day like a new one just beeing guided by your thoughts and rules. To come to a point, religion is good as a guideline but if i see how strong people weigh arguments in a book that yet isn't even proved to be from somewhen in the ancient times then its just wrong. Noone knows God exists, noone knows if life is the answer of all the questions, noone knows or can tell that this, what i am just writing is real or maybe dreams are the true reality maybe our thoughts are.

Damnit, i am drifting off the topic But still, my argument to this is just: What the hell. Religious people battling about a fictive figure remembers me of me in the kindergarden battling for the good parts of lego.
Quote from Scott Mckenzie :http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-11223457
I know its more than likely been blown out of proportion, hick town with a small church...

Radical Islamists only have to see this book burning appear on the T.V. and it will incite them to action. They're not looking at context or proportion here, just images.

On the other hand, I noticed that there was an American flag burning demonstration in anticipation of this event. It pays to keep in mind that 'radical' Islam itself has very little to do with mainstream Islamic practices and beliefs- people should also keep that in mind.

Tempests in cultural teapots.
Quote from JJ72 :I feel really sorry for US citizens who have to put up with bullshits like this.

You have point, I'm in Canada, but if you look at the date posters on this subject joined you see alot of 2003..Danowat Me you...many others..same point..I call on Admins to close this kind of thread...it will not end well.

AAnt
Quote from flymike91 :I wonder why muslims are made to look like the victims in the media...maybe thats more of a relevant question.

Are you so naive as to think they proposed a mosque on ground zero in good faith and with the end goal of appealing to those who lost family on 9/11 by the hands of radical muslims?

1. Not on ground zero. Nearby. Not even visible from the ground zero site.
2. It's intended as a community center with prayer space. It's not a mosque in the traditional sense.

That said, I can understand the "it's their right, but it's politically insensitive" crowd. I don't personally think it's that insensitive (if the space is to serve the purposes they describe), and mostly think it's the conservative blogosphere/news media stirring up shit for the sake of stirring up shit.
So..close this thread.

This isn't even a discussion, it ranting...I thought we were above this..I have never before seen such a blatANT ...ok on to the Newfies...
Quote from DeadWolfBones :1. Not on ground zero. Nearby. Not even visible from the ground zero site.
2. It's intended as a community center with prayer space. It's not a mosque in the traditional sense.

That said, I can understand the "it's their right, but it's politically insensitive" crowd. I don't personally think it's that insensitive (if the space is to serve the purposes they describe), and mostly think it's the conservative blogosphere/news media stirring up shit for the sake of stirring up shit.

First time I agreed with you...3 years or so, I know we had that bad discussion about the 911 vs the lexus

CLOSE THIS THREAD BOB or I will fill it with non facts.
Newfies have a great sense of Humor, People from Finland like to fish.

Google pays more to gays than straight workers..sorry that just slipped out.
My Dad joined when he was 15..he was in Newfoundland, when in 1949 Canada accepted us Newfies..my dad had to wait 5 years to join the Canadian Army...good thing he wasn't black or believed in Buddhism, they nmght have given him a pay upgrade..

Like I said...CLOSE this thread..I got all day
Worst Topic Ever!
I won't say we need better mods, the ones we have do a bang up job...this just slipped through the fence

I come here to not be
1) Racist
2) Cheating
3)Code Cracking
4)Bullying
5)Dictatorship
6)Hold my Ideals above all others

You want an Answer Amp88, you don't want to read all the books..I'll refer you to my good friend Solar Hydro...lets forget I'm black..lets say I'm short..can i be refused admin into a bar...well what about a ride at an amusement park...that rule is in place to make sure I don't fly out of the (Car), but we are talking a bar, what if I was burned in a car accident 5 years ago and I'm disfigured. I mean Disfuged to the point that the band stops playing and goes OMFG what happened to you.

Lets all hate anyone who doesn't ...eat pee poop or even breathe.

So easy to hate...me..I love yah all

Pretty disgraceful tbh.

I know its more than likely been blown out of proportion, hick town with a small church and with the 911 emotions in USA running high and off you go; blue touch paper well and truly lit. But what is concerning is the Christian fundamentalism still embedded in the USA.

If it's so..then why did you post it?

Be judged not by your actions as your words....

The internet child will hide behind his/hers words, not by the actions he/she takes

Pretty disgraceful tbh.

I know its more than likely been blown out of proportion, hick town with a small church and with the 911 emotions in USA running high and off you go; blue touch paper well and truly lit. But what is concerning is the Christian fundamentalism still embedded in the USA.

the kettles calling the teapot black.

Dont feed the pastor troll.
This thread has 0 value
Quote from AtomAnt :This thread has 0 value

Still a lot more than your posts this night.
Ok Mofo, lets open the door up.

So I'm Black...and I try to enter a scot pub...the bouncer says "STOP" you are

Can you do this while entering a plane?

A Bus?

A Taxi?

I don't like they way you look I won't pick you up in my cab...who you going to call?

911:

Yes sir what is your problem

a) My friend has just being run over by a cab..

b) This cab refused to stop because friend was black

c) you fill that in..some people are frighted by FAT people...what if the cab driver thinks.."I don't think this cab can handle her Girth."

I'm frighted by Large women, I fear they will roll on top of me, that's why I always check "Post my Girlfriend" Buck up lads and open a new thread called Post My Wife.

Opps..
Quote from Forbin :See my previous link to the wiki page on Absurdism. Part of this school of thought is that life has no inherent meaning, only that which you create on your own.

I got it, was well received

AAnt.
why are you trying to prevent rational people from sharing and debating their views atom. Who gave you the right to censor people? We argue (sometimes a little heatedly) and debate in the off topic section all the time and it doesn't hurt anybody.

IMO this mosque business and the koran burning are just tiny fragments of a war that has been going on for a thousand of years and will not end until one of the sides is eliminated. Seeing as the west sympathizes with radical islamists even though those same radical islamists would see every infidel dead, and the west does nothing to protect the rights of their native citizens, its a not an easy call which side will eventually prevail.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4j1pvqs508
Well I guess it's because, you have a right to grow up in a world where it doesn't matter how many MOHAA points or LFS experience to lead a normal life.

It means a lot to be able to stand, and believe your views. I may not believe in worm holes...doesn't give the right to refuse a drink, weather it be beer or water because of it...but it is STILL how the world works

Go for your first loan at a bank and say "I'd like to borrow 200.000 "

The bank will ask

A) land
b) family money
c) this big ass diamond

You say I got a worm hole..and...
Quote from flymike91 :a war that has been going on for a thousand of years and will not end until one of the sides is eliminated.

No... It will end when both sides manage to grow the hell up enough to be able to start dealing with people as actual people, as opposed to dealing with them soley as the cartoon representatives of this or that particular book/ideology.
Live and let live, tolerate and respect each other's views and try to see people as people.
Don't destroy anything that could mean something to others.
Don't ever say "the muslims" or "the blacks" or "the turkish", everyone is an individual person.
Don't hurt anyone.

These are the rules I try to live. Sometimes something goes wrong, then I appollogize and try not to make the mistake again.

I do not believe in many things the bible, koran or knigge say, but the message in all of them is the same.

Ending with something funny:

greetz

der butz
Quote from Electrik Kar :No. It will end when both sides manage to grow the hell up enough to be able to start dealing with people as actual people, as opposed to dealing with them soley as the cartoon representatives of this or that particular book/ideology.

As long as religion is around that will NEVER happen
I said it earlier...close this thread mods...nothing good is going to come from this
Theres no reason to close it, there have been no personal attacks. Only perfectly mature people giving their opinion and debating.

Now mike, there is a major flaw in that video. It is definetly an inconvenience to have muslims praying in the streets but they have to pray and if the mosque isnt big enough they line up in front of it. The whole argument that they are also likely in a political group is based on nothing at all and trust me, the majority of muslims I know are far from it. They practice their religion without getting in the way of anyone and if they ever do its not for political reasons. This prayer last a maximum of 10 minutes, its inconvenient but help them build a single mosque for these people to pray in and they wont bother you for that 10 minutes they pray on the streets once a week on friday.

The purpous of these muslims isnt to get in the way of people contrary to what you seem to beleive, its to pray. If given the chance to do so without bothering anyone, they will.
Quote from AtomAnt :I said it earlier...close this thread mods...nothing good is going to come from this

If you don't like this thread don't bump it. All you seem to do is whine and post gibberish. Half the time I cannot understand what your saying as you type like you have just finished 3 bottles of jacks or have been chasing the dragon all night.

Please, if this is a discussion that you dont like you can run along and carry on posting your famous irrelevant threads that have no interest to me. Don't come here and whine/bitch because you don't like my thread.

Have I ever posted in one of your threads to complain or even just posted at all? No.

Koran Burning
(194 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG