The online racing simulator
Koran Burning
(194 posts, started )
Koran Burning
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-11223457

Pretty disgraceful tbh.

I know its more than likely been blown out of proportion, hick town with a small church and with the 911 emotions in USA running high and off you go; blue touch paper well and truly lit. But what is concerning is the Christian fundamentalism still embedded in the USA.
#2 - JJ72
I feel really sorry for US citizens who have to put up with bullshits like this.
Religion is the root of much evil IMO.
Quote from danowat :Religion is the root of much evil IMO.

It is the mis-interpretation and the misuse of religion that is wrong.
Quote from Scott Mckenzie :It is the mis-interpretation and the misuse of religion that is wrong.

Exactly.

Glad mine doesn't give me a reason to go blow up a church
-
(DevilDare) DELETED by DevilDare
Quote from Scott Mckenzie :It is the mis-interpretation and the misuse of religion that is wrong.

The whole ethos of religion is wrong, the whole "how to control a mass of populus by fear" is wrong.
#7 - JJ72
That isn't quite fair, some people just use religion as a spiritual guidance instead of following it word by word. You have to be really stupid to fall into religious propaganda.
#8 - G!NhO
This is how much i care. ...
Religion is the path of spiritual growth in which the outcome should be love and peace for all mankind. Although, far from the peace and love we find ourselves in a situation of segregation, them versus us.
Im against all this burning stuff anyway. Its bad for the environment. Why don't they just recycle them to pulp then print out some bibles. (tongue in cheek)
Yeah, this is pretty stupid.

Amazing how it has to come to "support our troops" for a lot of people to start to realize this.
I heard the pope was getting flying lessons for his newly aquired Apache!

Seriously though, where will it end?
#13 - 5haz
Radical religious nut protests against radical religious nuts?
what a dumbass. He's no better than the religious extremists on the other side, is he really that dumb to believe he's right? That's the only explanation besides he's an attention whore.

Remove religion = remove the possibility of mis-interpretation and misuse of it

Quote from JJ72 :That isn't quite fair, some people just use religion as a spiritual guidance instead of following it word by word. You have to be really stupid to fall into religious propaganda.

Too bad that there are quite a lot of really stupid people in this world. :/
I don't see any of these christians blowing themselves up and killing women and children systematically (see: honor killings)

Is anyone really trying to make the point that radical Christians are as dangerous as radical Muslims? Why are Muslims seen by atheists as the underdogs that need to be protected? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4j1pvqs508
#19 - 5haz
There are christians blowing eachother up and murdering eachother all the time over here.

Its true that each faith likes to feel it is the victimised one when each are just as guilty of wicked acts.
Quote from zeugnimod :Remove religion = remove the possibility of mis-interpretation and misuse of it

Remove technology = remove the possibility of mis-interpretation and misuse of it

I am in no way religious, in fact I could call myself an atheist or at least a blend of atheism with borrowed teachings from mainstream and not so mainstream religions but that's another discussion so let's leave it at that. The thing is that by adopting such a point, you are no better then the religious zealots. Religion could offer us so much if we would actually use it towards what it should represent. Studying the possible existence of a creator force, trying to define life and existence, searching for meaning and many other. I know you could just simply deny such an assumption from the very beginning but that's such a shallow way of thinking. We like to consider ourselves as beings of reason, yet we blindly hang on to one idea and completely disregard anything else. Why not study every possibility without starting from predetermined opinions?

Religion as is the case with biology, chemistry and just about anything has the power to do as much good as it can do bad. The problem here is us. The way we use it. It is such a "do this and you'll be rewarded, do that and there will be consequences and never question" now as it has been for millenniums.

Religion could rightfully take a place next to the other sciences towards bettering humanity but only if we would learn to use it properly.
Quote from BAMBO :Religion could offer us so much if we would actually use it towards what it should represent. Studying the possible existence of a creator force, trying to define life and existence, searching for meaning and many other.

See my previous link to the wiki page on Absurdism. Part of this school of thought is that life has no inherent meaning, only that which you create on your own.
Quote from flymike91 :I don't see any of these christians blowing themselves up and killing women and children systematically (see: honor killings)

Apart from in Ireland... need i mention that pipe bomb found the other week, joke or not, it proves that Christians are just as bad if not worse.
It never ceases to amaze me how many seemingly intelligent people believe in this sanctioned brainwashing that is religion.

I mean, if you behave in a certain way, then you'll "go to heaven", anyone with the slightest bit of intelligence can see that there is no "heaven", there is no "soul", once your body dies and the electrical impluses stop firing, thats it, nothing, no heaven, no hell.

You should behave in a decent manner because its the right thing to do, NOT what a group of "dealers" tell you too.

When I say "dealers", I put those that push religion in the same catagory as drug dealers, some people need certain mind altering substances to either just make it through life, or try to make "sense" of life, as far as I am concerned "religion" is a mind altering substance, its ALL about control.

As far as I am concerned, they can all burn each others books till there are none left, the less religion in the world the better IMO.

Koran Burning
(194 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG