The online racing simulator
Quote from CSF :Choose FXR and you should know it will be slowest. Simples.

Drove the FXR the last 2 seasons, this is a fact you have to keep in mind. It leaves you a chance to win only at Fern Bay or South City(and you need to be a 4WD alien nevertheless), but if you have a look at the 2010 season, the championship was played on consistance, not on sheer pace. Being on FXR means you will never get beached on the sand, and means you can almost always save it if you get sideways/get in contact with someone else. This can be a huge advantage in a fight for a good championship position, although it remains clear that winning the championship on FXR is way more difficult than doing so in FZR/XRR.

On another note, I just wanted to point out a small and pointless detail. What about restricting name changes during the season? I can understand one name change in the season, okay, might happen in case of special events. But twice in the season? Looks silly IMO. Especially if it's done for the last round for instance. Not to mention that a team I won't name(it's not that I've anything against them because as I said, I'm ranting on useless details:razz started the season on a squad that changed name like a few rounds later, to finish with another squad that changed name right for the season finale.
TBH if I were you I'd change my name. Thus your opinion is invalid
Quote from hyntty :TBH if I were you I'd change my name. Thus your opinion is invalid

TBH I learned to not take too much account on the drunken finns' opinion so far in my life. This probably saved my mental health
Hello,

Is there a team out there who could use another racer for the 2011 season ?
I'm looking for reasons to get back active in LFS (yes, again) but nfinity eSports is currently a bit too focused on iRacing only. So an attempt to get us going for GTAL won't work, like last year too badly...

I'm GMT+2 currently, winter period GMT+1. I can do most of the 3 hour races, some stints on the longer races depending on when. I suck badly in the FZR so my preference would go out to the XRR or FXR. And no, I don't mind the FXR at all. Unlike my team name might hint, I am not an alien. But with training I do got pace and in general I'm a good in race starts and tyre saving (althought that also might be because of slowness ). I also have a longterm and healthy reputation of being a very fair and clean racer, speaks for itself as I'm in nfinity eSports but guess I'll just mention it. Drop me a PM with some info of your team or such if you would be interested, thanks!

2011 seaons looks good otherwise. Curious on the calendar though... Originality where are thou...

Cheers,
-
(SCA-F1) DELETED by SCA-F1
Quote from SCA-F1 :Tbh, I think restrictions are probably best as they are now, if anything, I have doubts about XRR being 24% (think 23% could also be near optimum) but, either way, it's got it's strengths and weaknesses, so it's prob better to be left, as I've been persuaded.

As already mentioned, FXR should naturally be slightly slower, because it's also the easiest car to drive, easy to be consistent with it, can get out of gravel traps with ease, and is less resistant to rolling over compared to the XRR. Just really looking forward to this season, though.

Yes but look at Westhill and KY2, FXR gets blown away in straights. If your going to lower XRR then it will dominate on those tracks even more.
Quote from Bmxtwins :Yes but look at Westhill and KY2, FXR gets blown away in straights. If your going to lower XRR then it will dominate on those tracks even more.

I think we got 4th or 5th at Westhill and ended up at 9th/10th at ky2 with massive fails ^^ So it is possible to get good results at all tracks. Speed isnt everything
#107 - CSF
Quote from Bmxtwins :Yes but look at Westhill and KY2, FXR gets blown away in straights. If your going to lower XRR then it will dominate on those tracks even more.

Boohoo choose a different car. Not that it would make any difference.
Quote from CSF :Boohoo choose a different car. Not that it would make any difference.

Sorry, LLM will be sending our app in with FXR regardless of what you say.
#109 - CSF
Quote from Bmxtwins :Sorry, LLM will be sending our app in with FXR regardless of what you say.

You missed the point, I meant that it makes no difference as you will still be just as shit. Only you might not spin off quite so much.
#110 - AMB
Quote from Bmxtwins :Sorry, LLM will be sending our app in with FXR regardless of what you say.

Pick teh FZR.
FXRs finished second and fourth at Westhill.

The problem is if you make the easiest to drive car the fastest one then everyone will use it. If you take off 2-3% to make it fast enough so that Ray Kings can be competitive, then everyone at the front of the grid will take it and we'll be back to the status quo of everyone being faster than Ray Kings.
#112 - CSF
LLM should be allowed to use BF1 just to make it fair imo.
-
(SCA-F1) DELETED by SCA-F1
Quote from CSF :LLM should be allowed to use BF1 just to make it fair imo.

and you think they would NOT spin with it?
Give them UF1. They might manage to keep the car on track at least. But when I think of it, they'll just be in the middle of the track and take everyone out. F1 might be better then, so they're out of the race before the race has even started (they crash on the SC lap)
Quote from Tomhah :Give them UF1. They might manage to keep the car on track at least. But when I think of it, they'll just be in the middle of the track and take everyone out. F1 might be better then, so they're out of the race before the race has even started (they crash on the SC lap)

wat
tbh i'm quite glad LLM are joining, means i won't be the slowest driver on track (whilst there still in the race anyway)
Ok guys not that hard for LLM, biggest thing is when this season starts?:P
#118 - AMB
Haha why is everyone against LLM ? Maybe I have missed something, not seen them race, can someone give me a brief summary?
Quote from AMB :Haha why is everyone against LLM ? Maybe I have missed something, not seen them race, can someone give me a brief summary?

12 hour race last year mustang rolled car like 2 times... plus we were slow, I admit I was slow but I don't think I was that bad.... FZR isnt my car...
Quote from AMB :Haha why is everyone against LLM ? Maybe I have missed something, not seen them race, can someone give me a brief summary?

Here's a rough list
  • Taking leader Oscar Hardwick out while being lapped down at the round 5 of the Speedsims FOX on the run(Mustangman, who left LLM a few months ago)
  • Getting 6 months ban from Speedsims for some obscure reason(Bmwtwins)
  • Being 8 laps(IIRC) down at the 6 Hours of Westhill counting for the 2010 GTAL season after crashing several time
  • Being more than 20 laps down and crashing several times(including one off that caused a SC) at the 12 hours of Kyoto National before retiring around half-way point.
  • Organising GT3 Cup, which was rather fail to be honest. But we can't really complain, the actual season was a LOT better than the 2 testraces.
  • Getting a 12 months ban from Team Rock Racing events for wrecking people and insulting admins(Bmxtwins)
  • Creating a second account in order to compete in some contest reserved to demo licensed drivers(Bmxtwins/Mustangman, we can't know who it was since they live in the same house)
  • Failing to give some respect to blue flags in the Mini-FBM 2010 Round 2(tibone). Leader James Peace crashed while passing him, partly because tibone didn't leave enough room
  • Showing poor attitude in general in events, being uncosistant, getting involved in random incidents. Sometimes ragequitting
  • Being involved in pathetic arguments at LFSF
I must be missing a lot, feel free to complete the list people
#121 - AMB
If you want to be competitive you have to learn the FZR, it's a good car once you learn how to drive it, also depends if any restrictions for the cars in this league :P

Edit: That's a long list blimey...
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :snip

Hi, you are making it sound as if I am an intentional rammer.
-Firstly, at speedsims it was my first league, I destroyed my suspension and tried to bring crippled car on grass to the pits, and hit a tire on grass that rolled onto track and another car hit and spun on last lap.
- I never had anything to do with GT3 Cup, that was a 7Karat thingy.
- I'm not banned from TRR events
- I never rage quit...
-mustang never intentionaly took oscar out, oscar ran into him, and that was around a year ago
-pathetic arguments caused by the immature people who have provoked them above etc.
-8 laps down at 6hr of aston because I had 0 laps of practice, and we wouldve gone over limit if i didnt race (bad mistake)
---and because we dont quit
-at 12 Hour nathan's pc shut off
-at 12 hour we didnt even finish... no durr we were more than 20 laps out..
-also at 12 hours only people who failed ar ex-LLM

Now please grow up and start looking in the mirror, you all are very immature and probably shouldnt be calling me immature with the way you act. I'm probably more than 10 year younger than most of you and you still act more immature.

Thanks,
16 years old and has a life outside of LFS.
Ray

ITS A VIDEOGAME PEOPLE GET OVER IT, IM HERE TO HAVE FUN AND RACE TO THE BEST OF MY ABILITY!
#123 - AMB
You should probably take the second to last line off the post, that makes everyone else look as if we have no lives
Quote from AMB :You should probably take the second to last line off the post, that makes everyone else look as if we have no lives

Mostly because you people don't.
#125 - AMB
Quote from Bmxtwins :Mostly because you people don't.

Maybe this is what he meant by immature, I play a lot of games but I also have a life that you would probably kill for.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG