The online racing simulator
Season 2011: Pre-Season Discussion
Before I begin, please keep in mind that these are not final decision, but are working thoughts at a preliminary stage of season planning.

I've already got some questions about the next season, so I guess I'll give a go through some now.

Restrictions: Without a new patch, likely to stay the same.

Driver Eligibility: This is what most have asked me about. I cannot say for sure yet what will eliminate you, apart from being a part of a multiple-winning MoE or IGTC team. It seems to me that on the whole, the level of competition in this current season is not as it has been in the past, which is not a discredit to the teams involved, but just a natural trend of any series and the sim at the moment. It is likely that more weight will be placed on participation in the 2008 and 2009 season over 2010. 2007 IGTC will no longer be considered. All MoE seasons will still come into consideration.

The decisions this season may be based on Quality of the performance in IGTC / MoE instead of quantity. We'll do this by comparing you to your teammates, and you to other drivers in your class.

Schedule: Will remain a 7-round schedule, and keep the four 3-hour races, two 6-hour races and one 12-hour race. KY3 with boothy chicane will likely stay, but most other tracks will either rotate to a reversed direction or to another combo. I am likely to schedule in, apart from KY3B, BL1, SO4, WE1R, FE4, and KY2R. Aston will either be AS7, AS7R, AS5 or AS5R.

Rules: The rules I expect will stay largely the same. The only major change I could see so far is with regards to the wave-around. It will either stay as it is, or be amended to simply sort lead lap cars to the front of the queue instead of waving around lapped cars. It may also be eliminated.

The minimum laps of an SC deployment will be scrapped, so as not to be bound by a minimum which may not be needed if everything is taken care of promptly.

Any comments, questions or suggestions are of course welcomed. But I thought I'd let you know some things now.

I'm expecting to start taking applications around September, for a mid October start or so.
#2 - J@tko
#4 - J@tko
And yes, we do bother you about GTAL -> IGTC son, because it's better.

KY3B and SO4 are nice too, AS7 FTW!
Quote from SCA-F1 :AS7 FTW!

I would prefier AS7r more Father

BL1, So4 and FE4 are lush!
Yea,i'm really looking forward to this seasson too :P
Good news to hear some plans going on so early!

About the restrictions:. No real need to change them I guess, they're about to be fine. Less restriction for the XRR could have been considered though, in terms of pace it's as fast or perhaps faster than the FZR, but it is a) hard to drive if you don't have much experience with it(this is supposed(*cough*) to be an "amateur" league after all!), and b) likely to get stuck in case of a small trip in a gravel trap. But meh, that's quite a detail in the end I guess.

About the driver egibility: please bear in mind that some people got in the IGTC in end-2009 without really having the pace, just because of the mid-season interrest drop. In the end I guess you'll still find a good enough system fair for everyone, I do not worry about that.

Considering the track selection, I'd rather see Aston as a crowded track, with AS3/R+AS7/R instead of Kyoto with KY3B+KY2/R. But of course this isn't based on anything apart from my likings, as KY2/R has proved to be a fine track for endurance in the past. The rest is fine I guess. BL1, SO4, mk, would have prefered their reverse though WE1R is fine. KY3B is a must, and should be driven in the next 20 seasons! FE4, okay, you might consider putting a layout on the green chicane to prevent people from rolling over those buggy tyres anyway. Something like the pik_d chicane used in the SSL final round I belive - or an improved version rather, so people standing behind another car won't get a blatant advantage any time the car in front goes a bit too far on the inside and remove a few tyres.

SC rules: +1 for the suppression of the wave around rule IMO. It just removes any endurance aspect in the race if there's a lot of SC - like we had at fe3 last season.

Anyway, looking forward this season once again... I guess my average pace will still allow me to jump in for the 3rd time in a row!
I´m looking forward to this season also. Want to get 3rd win for E-team!
Sounds nice! o/
-
(SCA-F1) DELETED by SCA-F1
#11 - CSF
Yes but Cattle you have proved time and time again you don't understand anything so your opinion counts for very little.
-
(SCA-F1) DELETED by SCA-F1
#12 - CSF
AS7 and last round of LFSCART son. "I'm going to be super fast and I'm always consistent." HA!
Jabadabadoeeee!
Bah AS7 , please every Aston track but not AS7, then rather take AS5 or AS6r, much better.

So I have to understand now that I wont be able to drive, because of MoE 2010 24h race, 6h AS4r and 6h KY2 + IGTC Round 3 AS7?

If yes, dont count what i said before about the track choice.
looking forward to dizz
Deko already said he is unsure on the selection process as of yet. Of course, people with MoE races, or even IGTC races previously will be brought into question, but too many who're not allowed, and the races won't be full gridded, too lenient, and this won't be an amateur league. I think so long as you've done nothing spectacular, you're fine IMO, but, we'll see.
Quote from SCA-F1 :Not if you don't have Tøastgaard!

Bah, hopefully we can challenge you again even though we've lost Seb.

EDIT: Agree on the XRR, it's quite an inconvenient package for this league, and 24% seems a bit much IMO, but I also think FXR restriction is too high, we saw how crap that car was at every race.

I think GraVt proved that it wasn't that bad, just put a good driver in it
Quote from JPeace :Somebody who has competed in a full season of MoE or IGTC shouldn't be allowed in the series, or something along these lines, but then there are ways around this rule ie. some drivers may have done a whole season - and then not done one round, which means that they have in fact not completed a whole season. This shouldn't be used as a rule, but I am just thinking allowed to help you overcome this tricky part of the rulebook.

Does this mean I can still race?
If not, I'll Safety car?
Quote from JPeace :Yes I fully agree and understand the situation - Its hard to exactly clarify and keep this an Amateur League and at the same time keep a decent number of drivers and teams on the grid. But I definatly agree that if you havn't acheived anything spectacular then you are fine. But then you need to define what Spectacular will mean, to me I think that is helping to acheive a top 5 or something like this in MoE or IGTC. But It's up to Deko and I will respect any rules he makes and comply by them as fully as possible.

On a second note - it's great to see another season of GTAL commencing and I cannot wait for it to start, expect to see me on the grid next year for sure!

Exactly, spectacular is rather ambiguous, which is why it's probably better to stick to giving statistics, it may be unfair, and might not reflect true results, but it's a much easier and less contradictory selection process IMO.

Quote from CrAZySkyPimp :I think GraVt proved that it wasn't that bad, just put a good driver in it

Mmm, true, forgot about GraVt. At least you seem to agree on XRR though. I just think FXR is too problematic and not a very good overall package, it's also quite frustrating to drive, but other drivers may see it differently.

And Seb, MoE winner is a no-no son.

Ok I think then I can race and you can be sure that I am not an experienced driver
Time to start training! I'll need it.
What about the wind?
#24 - CSF
To clarify, if you still looked a bit shit in ONE or TWO stints you did during an MoE race we will look at giving you entry just like we did last year. If you drove IGTC 2010 I think that it's unlikely we will do very much, as let's be honest the standard is less than in previous seasons.

Sorry Seb you are out.
Restrictions were fine at 20/23/24.

Oh, and AS7 blows.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG