The online racing simulator
Apprenticeship or College?
(5 posts, started )
#1 - AMB
Just looking for some quick advice, I have been at College doing various courses for some years now, I have come to a point where I need to make a decision between either, A 1 year Car Mechanics course at a college just outside my town, or a 3 year apprenticeship as a Mechanic for a car dealer, I will be working everyday except weekends 9 - 5, I mean I know the apprenticeship would be better in the long run.. and it's basically a job.. with less pay but obviously I will be learning at the same time, opinions/advice anyone?
#2 - TiJay
Apprenticeship all the way. A friend of mine did the BMW scheme after his A levels and is now a qualified tech with a permanent job at a BMW dealer, whereas a friend-of-a-friend did a college course and will probably start at a backstreet garage/less prestigious brand if he gets into a dealership.
Quote from TiJay :Apprenticeship all the way. A friend of mine did the BMW scheme after his A levels and is now a qualified tech with a permanent job at a BMW dealer, whereas a friend-of-a-friend did a college course and will probably start at a backstreet garage/less prestigious brand if he gets into a dealership.

This. I followed the path of the latter person and had to start in a backstreet garage. If you can get the chance to go apprenticeship, jump on it.
Got an interview tomorrow for an Apprentice Apprentice, Just hopes I get it
Already passed the Aptitude tests, And my dad knows the lead Engineer pretty well and has also worked with the company since it opened (16 years)

Hopefully get this as its also the highest paying job in the company after the Supervisors. As almost every machine needs to be maintained 24/7 by the Electrical Engineers

Quote from P5YcHoM4N :If you can get the chance to go apprenticeship, jump on it.

Definitely the best advice for anyone thinking about an apprenticeship, no matter for what trade and where, Its most likely going to get you better off than doing college and then working in a small-time company or even a dead end job somewhere
#5 - aoun
Apprenticeship hands down.

(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG