The online racing simulator
2010 Kyoto 500: Race Discussion
Discuss !

I'll send out password Friday overnight. LFSCART Results and points after Round 4 will be up around then also :P

Some unofficial comments:

I've paid just over $44 (or so) of my own earned money to get a high quality stream of this race on multiBC Stream II. So if either the racers make the race crap, or (less likely) the broadcast team screw up (:razz, I will be highly pissed off, surely to the point of possibly leaving LFS, so for your sake, my sake, and the sake of everyone, remember this one word for Saturday:

PATIENCE

It'll get you to the checkers in a position for a decent finish if you keep your heads cool.

2009 Kyoto 500 was the fastest so far, at 150.8587 mph (3:17:24.26)
2008 Kyoto 500 was run at 147.1294 mph (3:22:24.48)

Generally, the first part of the race is slowest, and around laps 130-240 the fastest. Of course, the less SCs, the faster we'll go.
Quote from dekojester :

I've paid just over $44 (or so) of my own earned money to get a high quality stream of this race on multiBC Stream II. So if either the racers make the race crap, or (less likely) the broadcast team screw up (:razz, I will be highly pissed off, surely to the point of possibly leaving LFS

You've basically said "if water boils on 100C, I'm leaving"
i'm out of this race :|

good luck all
Quote from AstroBoy :I wouldnt hold my breath

Honestly I think we do have good reasons to be optimistic for that one. Everyone remembers of this year 250 of course, but this was completely different business. The reason why it was that bad was, IMHO, mainly because of the aggressivity of most of the racers as they knew that any incident wouldn't have much incidence on their race, because of a) The poor damage model of the XRT allowing people to get away from big frontal crashes, b) The ruleset, allowing people to get back on the lead lap when there's a SC. We also know that SC causes cold tyres, which cause more crashes, which cause more SCs, etc. This is a vicious circle.

The 500 is generally less forgiving, as a small tap on your FO8 can ruin its suspension, obliges you to go to pits, kicks you out of the lead lap and puts you out of contention for the overall victory. For the record, only 3 cars finished in the lead lap in the 2009 Kyoto 500, out of 30(there was something like 25 out of 30 in the 2010 Kyoto 250). I'd also consider the practice sessions as being rather clean(AFAIK, as I didn't take part in so much of them), perhaps cleaner than last year. The procedure that caused the most controversy was of course the 3 wide starts, but we've known for years that this was the most dangerous part of the race. Surviving from it is part of the game. I wouldn't be surprised if once again this year a few cars get taken out at T1. This'd be unfortunate for the people involved of course, but I don't think it would hurt the general quality of the race. Accidents are likely to happen at lap 1 and you have to deal with it.

In the end, I would mention the 2010 Speedweeks 400(20 starters, 8 lead laps finishers with a similar ruleset than the 500, only 5-6 caution periods) as a proof that it is possible to get a clean and enjoyable race if most of the people involved uses brains.

And sorry for the double post btw.
Short version: RACE is not only a noun, it's a verb.
Enjoy getting there, don't panic-draft just to get to the
lead and not know what to do with it.
You can't treat it like an eight lapper on a public server.

Good luck everyone.
With this being my first 500 my only goal is to finish.

Good luck to all racers.
Also, weather for this year's race will be:

Cloudy Morning
Low Wind

sorry for your luck
I'll pass, good luck to all competitors!
Quote from -NightFly- :I'll pass, good luck to all competitors!

You didn't show up to any / enough practice sessions, so you wouldn't have been let in anyway.
In 2008 we had 28 km/h wind. This race'll be a breeze. LITERALLY! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. (I'm using that one in my commentary tomorrow)
Quote from Mp3 Astra :In 2008 we had 28 km/h wind. This race'll be a breeze. LITERALLY! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. (I'm using that one in my commentary tomorrow)

Lame pun 1 of 999999999: Check.

Ill be watching for shure. Good luck all of you guys racing.
Me too, good luck to my teammate Kladdy, hope he can reach the podium

But also good luck to Joe (kart-36), the whole TEM team and the rest
Quote from Timo1992 :Me too, good luck to my teammate Kladdy, hope he can reach the podium

But also good luck to Joe (kart-36), the whole TEM team and the rest

Joe didn't qualify
Quote from dekojester :You didn't show up to any / enough practice sessions, so you wouldn't have been let in anyway.

i was aware, thatswhy i pass , too much not-so-free time on my hands for that.
Im sooo going to be wetting myself as i get pumelled to last in the first 5 or so laps like i did in the FOX race yesterday
i just want to make it to the finish. The first 200 laps without incident would be nice as wel i suppose
Quote from elliot1992 :i just want to make it to the finish. The first 200 laps without incident would be nice as wel i suppose

Hmmm... wishful thinking, a few early cautions I think with many a green lap from the half way mark.
Even if it means you lose a couple of positions try to get as quickly and safely as possible out of being 3 wide. The problem comes when a car from the second row feels it is time to go down the inside of the first position. At that point wherever it is on the track you are 4 wide (if it happens quite quickly).

Some of the practice sessions towards the end were done without any cautions. I appreciate one of the major contributing factors that was not so many cars on the track.

If everybody has the attention to at least do their best to finish and avoiding contact even if it means dropping back slightly, you never know, we may all surprise ourselves.
It s 270 laps and we want to survive to the end, lets all remember that, at the start in the middle and intul the end of this prestigious race.
Good luck to all

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG