The online racing simulator
Quote from warhar :The RAC is fun on LFSTweak, giving it a heavier engine helps with handling, in my experience

there is a tweak that works with the RAC?
fz5 vs RAC on SO is fun!
i really like the RAC..it makes for some challenging racing. if you get too cocky and think you can easily be faster then the gang and pull away then you will fail. slow and steady wins. start off with a point you know you can handle at a slow speed, and gradually get faster and you will be fast

try my sets, the "grip" set is not realisticly setup but it drives alright in my opinion last time i checked; the one labeled "grip W.I.P." is more realistic in terms of damping, and spring rate, and drives very well if you have some experience in the car, try that one second

as always i can try to make you a custom set that will suit your personal needs, just drop me a pm...in my sig my "setup shop" is very outdated though

EDIT: also, i have a set called "GRIP 2", and i guess thats either trading oversteer for understeer, compared to my "grip" set; but i believe i found a medium in the wip one
Attached files
RAC_grip 2.set - 132 B - 3488 views
RAC_GRIP W.I.P..set - 132 B - 899 views
RAC_grip.set - 132 B - 926 views
RAC ownz. Its not "the masses" type of car. Its for a special niche, the drivers that take time to woo her under control. The ones that can make a set FOR THEMselves (its the best way). The ones that can dial out that corner entry understeer and the lift throttle oversteer. RAC owns, this car actually has character you want mundane drive the xfg.
im finding rac more and more unsuitable for racing on cargame, because it is too light, easy to crash out by other cars.

i often have problems with xfr's that just bump a bit, but a bit of bump hurts alot in rac. also had funny situation yesterday, was driving for a first time on fe4r with rac, and kinda obviously, my lap was quite slow, i wasnt really pushing, just trying to get an idea of what gear to use for some corners etc., and a guy with fxo just crashes me out from behind because he was sick of driving behind me
Quote from NumberTwo :im finding rac more and more unsuitable for racing on cargame, because it is too light, easy to crash out by other cars.

Public multiclass servers usually suck, because there's too much different cars on track at once and drivers are passing you mostly without any usage of brain. I spent 30 minutes on that server yesterday and that was enough for me to have a clear picture of racing standards there.
I don't drive it because the LX6 is the best car EVER! Great challenge to drive, but I still pray for the day the LX8 comes :bananalla
Quote from NumberTwo :im finding rac more and more unsuitable for racing on cargame, because it is too light, easy to crash out by other cars.

i often have problems with xfr's that just bump a bit, but a bit of bump hurts alot in rac. also had funny situation yesterday, was driving for a first time on fe4r with rac, and kinda obviously, my lap was quite slow, i wasnt really pushing, just trying to get an idea of what gear to use for some corners etc., and a guy with fxo just crashes me out from behind because he was sick of driving behind me

This isn't really a reply to you but a more tangential note

It has always been a bit of an issue for me on MC servers. Maybe I sound a bit elitist here, but I would expect a faster class to actually be faster. Personally, I drive a car offline until I can do several laps with a bit of consistency, without spinning and fast enough to not be cockblocking slower classes. There may be some exceptions where baby UFRs mingle with other classes etc, but for the vast majority of the time I might be the last in my class but still ahead of the slower classes. One has to be driving fairly erratically or unpredictably (read: dangerously) to be significantly slower than a slower class.

Maybe it's just something to accept will happen on MC servers, I certainly don't whine about it, but I do get the feeling that too many people just jump in to the hardest cars with no practice, and are surprised that others get a bit (too) frustrated at times.
Quote from NotAnIllusion :Maybe it's just something to accept will happen on MC servers, I certainly don't whine about it, but I do get the feeling that too many people just jump in to the hardest cars with no practice, and are surprised that others get a bit (too) frustrated at times.

+100

I keep being held up by FZ5s in my RB4 in a lot of races. They pass me on the straight and then spin out in the next corner and block the road.
Quote from NotAnIllusion :
It has always been a bit of an issue for me on MC servers. Maybe I sound a bit elitist here, but I would expect a faster class to actually be faster.

Mostly its the FXO that bash in your back on corner entry, understeering like mad (as expected). My tactic is to let those idiots pass, and then wait two more corners till they spin out. The RAC really taught me defensive driving, I often follow other racers for a lap or more on the bumper (without contact) till they chicken out and make a mistake. Same applies to the LX4, which is slower than all the TBOs on the straights but can outhandle them in twisties.

And don't forget that a lot of racers on the MC servers run hotlap sets, which tend to overheat (front) tires after 3-4 laps. My sets last for 10 or more, never really tested it.
I like to drive the LX6/RAC/FZ5/RAC... But with being able to run full slicks on those cars I think they would be more fun...
I love the rac but.... she don't love me!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG