The online racing simulator
BP oil catastrophe - horrifying pictures
(171 posts, started )
Quote from ACCAkut :I wonder how different the public reaction in the US would be if the responsible company were named US Petrol instead of British

*saw a short report showing US citizens being asked about it on the streets, hang them in public was one of the more gentle responses*

I love it when people take the view point of a single person/group - typically an outlier at that, and makes it sound like a general thing. I can't speak for the other large portions of US citizens, but I can say that isn't even close to a response I have. As you can read far back up, accidents happen. I don't think it matters who is to blame, because equipment fails, things go wrong. It's a fact of life.

Do I particularly enjoy the oceans turning black? No, but it is something that happens, has happened and will continue to happen with the demand that very close to the entire world puts on the oil resources.
Something is burning down there ... LIVE link.
#54 - 5haz
I think its a rusty yellow pipe, its hard for stuff to burn under the ocean.
It does look like a fire flame..
Quote from Boris Lozac :It does look like a fire flame..

it really does. that's no pipe... edit: unless it's that dispersant crap they've been piping in to the pipe?

and there is air coming out along with the oil... looks awfully reminiscent of this.

oh, and is it just me, or does it look like it's flowing a lot more than it was yesterday or the day before?

edit: is that video live? the one on the bp website is showing SMPTE bars.
Oh man... its been 10 times worse then it was yesterday..
What the hell is that red thing there?
Some sort of a spanner, of a rope. Was there already at the beginning of operation ''Top Kill''
Quote from hazaky :I happened to search this stuff on youtube, so maybe i could see the latest news. But ... what do u guys think about this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aRiC_mwFj8

i don't know, alex jones has said some pretty weird shit lately... i remember a video series he participated in some time ago (in conjunction with jesse ventura) saying that the bilderberg group had a part of the swine flu freakout, and that they were also poisoning the water and the food supply and blah blah blah...
Hmm, i dont know much about Jesse Ventura and neither about Bilderberg. But i think that the swine flu thing was all made up by people, and after that to make some money with the cure. But lets not go offtopic.

I personally believe Alex Jones at this point. He also mentions new world order in there, all that stuff is kind of creepy.
Quote from hazaky :I personally believe Alex Jones at this point. He also mentions new world order in there, all that stuff is kind of creepy.

/facepalm
Quote from Klutch :/facepalm

Go rave in ur emosuit. Sorry for ragin like that, but next time say something that actually makes sense.
Goldman Sachs sold long and sold in January. Goldman Sachs plays the market. They buy and sell for quick profits. Goldman Sachs uses computers to do data mining and timed trading.

While I do enjoy the occasional tin foil story this one is not.
Quote from hazaky :Go rave in ur emosuit.

Thats possibly the most piss-poor insult thats ever been used against me.
Quote from Klutch :Thats possibly the most piss-poor insult thats ever been used against me.

Once again, say something that makes sense. Oh and ur "wanna be creative & making insults with a hook in it" thingy isnt workin quite well.
#68 - 5haz
Ooof catty.
I was just reading this article and thought let's post it here and aliment the fire a bit http://www.smh.com.au/technolo ... 609-xu3v.html?autostart=1

Quote :BP, facing a tidal wave of bad publicity over the Gulf of Mexico oil spill, is buying search terms on internet search engines to point users to the company's official public relations crisis page.

Searches on Google, Yahoo! and Microsoft's Bing for "oil spill", "Gulf oil spill", or related phrases deliver a "sponsored link" at the top of the search results page to BP.com and the message: "Learn more about how BP is helping."

Clicking on the sponsored link takes a user to BP's website, where the company outlines the measures it is taking to combat the damage from the greatest environmental calamity in US history.

I remember Total and Shell reacting in similar ways when facing similar disasters, financing add campaigns is often cheaper than facing responsibilities.... This only demonstrates how much impact adds have on us and how brain washed we are by them.... and they know it

let's hope that this one is big enough to make us realize the price of our dependency to oil for energy...
#70 - 5haz
Was quite interesting watching the value of BP's shares nosedive before my eyes on BBC news yesterday.
Quote from hazaky :next time say something that actually makes sense.

not that i like defending the cock but this comming from the guy who believes the most idiotic and most condensed assortment of conspiracy theories ive ever heard?
I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but I thought a US contractor was responsible for the leak, not BP itself?
The actual rig is, or was, owned by a US company called Transocean.
As long as BP pays to clean up all the mess I think this will end as well as it can under the circumstances.
For all those who have taken steps in "boycotting BP"

You people whining about how "poor birdies" and "oh noes pollution evil oil!" is making you sad just make me sick. You're a waste of organs is what you are, whining like little bi***es, "boycotting" BP, WAKE THE F**K UP AND SHUT THE F**K UP.
Your PC made of wood? How about your house, got plastic? Food? Medicine? Clothes? Maybe a bit of asphalt by your house? You point at it, chances are it's made of oil. You want to put oil industry out of business you don't boycott one company and buy from another you retards. So STFU and get USA to lift the industrial hemp prohibition, you'll fail, but at least that would count as a try. I'll let you educate yourself on what the properties of industrial hemp are.

For all those who don't boycott BP and feel sorry for the birdies - tough luck accidents happen, sorry for your loss.

BP oil catastrophe - horrifying pictures
(171 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG