The online racing simulator
Youtube's new layout?
(111 posts, started )
Quote from PaulH :Apparently it is one of their "experiments". I think you are one of the lucky ones that hasn't automatically been subjected to it.
What is strange though is it is only there on Firefox but not Internet Explorer regardless of whether I am signed into Google or not. Deleting cookies doesn't help.

There is a Google support discussion about it here.

I've included a picture of it.

I assume I'm lucky as well. Is there an option somewhere to opt-in? And by the way, you're using Firefox without Adblock Plus? NERD RAGE.
Attached images
Untitled.png
Quote from Timdpr :I assume I'm lucky as well. Is there an option somewhere to opt-in? And by the way, you're using Firefox without Adblock Plus? NERD RAGE.

I have never seen an option for it. I have tried looking for an option to opt out but didn't see anything.

I use the HOSTS file for ad blocking but recently it seems Google has changed the way their adverts appear so my Google entries in my hosts file are pretty much a waste now. Also I only installed Windows 7 two days ago and I am still in the process of tweaking it. So many new services to research and hopefully disable.

Are you buying some new pans too? I wouldn't bother with the Judge (Horwood) range of pans because in my experience the metal is way too thin and they warp easily even on low heat. Best to get cast-iron, pricey but worth it.
Why do you even care about this...
Quote from G!NhO :Why do you even care about this...

Isn't that obvious? Because I am using youtube a lot.
Quote from zeugnimod :Isn't that obvious? Because I am using youtube a lot.

Or you are just a whiner, who whines about the slightest changes in unimportant things.
Quote from G!NhO :Or you are just a whiner, who whines about the slightest changes in unimportant things.

Then you are just a whiner who whines about people whining about slight changes in unimportant things.
It's not whining saying you don't like the new layout

A lot of people does not like it, are all those whiners?

I don't use youtube _that_ much, but I check it some times each day and it's allready bugging my ass off this new layout
Quote from zeugnimod :Then you are just a whiner who whines about people whining about slight changes in unimportant things.

I am just stating my opninion about the people that whine, and i think they are whiners.

I think the new layout is good..
Quote from G!NhO :I am just stating my opninion about the people that whine, and i think they are whiners.

I think the new layout is good..

He was just stating his opinion about people who he thinks are whiners who whine about people whining about slight changes in unimportant things.

Quote from PaulH :I have never seen an option for it. I have tried looking for an option to opt out but didn't see anything.

I use the HOSTS file for ad blocking but recently it seems Google has changed the way their adverts appear so my Google entries in my hosts file are pretty much a waste now. Also I only installed Windows 7 two days ago and I am still in the process of tweaking it. So many new services to research and hopefully disable.

I don't really know what to suggest. There are ways to get rid of it if it's absolutely essential, otherwise fingers crossed for opt-outability.

As you may have noticed, I use Vista. Useless services are sooo fun.

Quote from PaulH :Are you buying some new pans too? I wouldn't bother with the Judge (Horwood) range of pans because in my experience the metal is way too thin and they warp easily even on low heat. Best to get cast-iron, pricey but worth it.

I'd go for cast iron. There are some cheap ones out there, which will still do a great job but, as you say, not warp.
Nope, I just thought I'd copy you. But thanks for the enlightening reply.
Quote from zeugnimod :then you are just a whiner who whines about people whining about slight changes in unimportant things.

win.
hate it.
I guess I'm the only person here who actually prefers the new layout to the old one... it's much better, simpler and they have fixed some bugs of the old layout. I really like it. And there were some things I didn't know of before taking the page tour, which I also liked.
Quote from Velociround :I guess I'm the only person here who actually prefers the new layout to the old one... it's much better, simpler and they have fixed some bugs of the old layout. I really like it. And there were some things I didn't know of before taking the page tour, which I also liked.

Indeed! Me too.
Quote from Velociround :I guess I'm the only person here who actually prefers the new layout to the old one... it's much better, simpler and they have fixed some bugs of the old layout. I really like it. And there were some things I didn't know of before taking the page tour, which I also liked.

I agree, overall it's much better and as you said, lots of the bugs have been fixed.

+1
#66 - senn
Quote from senn :What's funnier is, along with a few other videos, that link causes IE7 on this pc (not mine) to crash. These crashes only started with this new horrendous layout.

i've had a couple in IE8 after the layout change as well, but i chocked those up to flash...
i just noticed youtube now offers a direct download above the video...saves time
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :i just noticed youtube now offers a direct download above the video...saves time

You sure that's not an add-on for your browser?
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :i just noticed youtube now offers a direct download above the video...saves time

Pics or it didn't happen.
Hm...
Attached images
Untitled.png
hmm wierd.

i just tried with IE and there i havent got a DL button either.
i didnt update opera or install anything...it just appeared from yesterday to now

ah well.
might find out some time whys that.
Maybe just for people in germany as a test? I don't know. But as you see, I use opera too, so that can't be the reason.

Youtube's new layout?
(111 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG