The online racing simulator
Youtube's new layout?
(111 posts, started )
I sure hope this layout is april fools since i HATE!! it
Wow! They moved the vid info under the vid instead of beside it! Oh, it's so horrible!

What else useful has changed? I can now view how many people viewed it on a graph that wasn't there before? How often do you use the stuff that's different? I guess all the kiddies with their immature comments that frequent youtube would use some of the useless "features" that I had never known was there....

The subscriptions, favorites, and the video, everything else is useless. Who cares if it changed. It hardly changed a bit. The biggest change I saw was the youtube logo graphic.
it's hideous. they moved stuff around, they made everything collapsable, they changed the right side bar on the video page that shows related videos, they changed the rating system, they changed the comment system... ugh.

it seems that the general consensus is that it sucks, but like other people have said, it's likely to stay.
April fools or not, does it really matter? It's just a website.

I will never understand why people bitch about YT, FB, et al changing a layout. Seriously, who the hell really cares?
They gave me this layout before and it said that some people were chosen to use "test" it. It's still the same when it was beta. I seem to like it though
doesn't bother me one F*CKING bit
don't they have this layout for like a week?
I hated it.
At the start of the week, pressing enter did nothing, video's stutter.
Description layout sucks, and you can only see like 5 comments.

I do not like the new layout (yet), but I think I can get used to it.
I like it. We are used to the old one, but this one is much better. The video player is in the center, the other things are at the bottom, why would I want to see more?
it seems they don't get rid of this, still the same layout like yesterday
luddites
Quote from MAGGOT :
I will never understand why people bitch about YT, FB, et al changing a layout. Seriously, who the hell really cares?

Because there's people who actually use those sites?

I'm not on facebook and those kind of sites, but i have a youtube account where i upload my music. I have a little over 100 subscribers that come to my channel and leave comments, ratings, etc. I usually take the time to respond to those people... so yeah, whatever layout they decide for, i gotta deal with it.

I don't like the new layout. Then again, people always bitch about changes.
It doesn't look that different to me... just cleaner and slightly reorganised.

At least it is a lot damn better than the new Google search layout...has a new "Everything" sidebar down the left hand side of the search results and takes up 1/3 of the screen. It's horrible, it squishes your search results into this narrow table. Because on the other side of the page is Adverts that take up another 1/3 of the screen.
I am using Lycos now but I do prefer Google's all mighty search algorithms.

Ok, 1/3 is a slight exaggeration but using a screen with a 14 inch viewable area makes everything a little too small for comfortable reading. It must look horrible on a laptop screen.
Guess I was wrong about April Fools.

Well.... Time to get used to the new layout...
I don't like it. I like to have the information aviable on the screen all the time, not needing to press 1000's of buttons and taps/tabs(?) to get the information I need.

The old layout were better, looked better and by far more userfriendly compared to this.

And also - what's up with all the adds lately? Every damn movie I have opened the last days has an comercial at the beginning, then a comersial I have to cross out and then one at the end. That's 3 freakin' commercials just to watch a 2 minute clip! It's insane!!
Hate it.

I really liked the old layout. There was no reason to change.
I hate the new layout. I'm sure its just like when Facebook changes their layout though, I hate it for a week or two then get used to it and don't care any more.
I think its ok, only thing that bothers me is that too few comments are shown per page
Quote from ACCAkut :I think its ok, only thing that bothers me is that too few comments are shown per page

Don't tell me you are reading youtube comments.
Quote from SilverArrows77 :But thank you Youtube, you have successfully encouraged made me sign up to Vimeo for my future uploads.

So something good has come out of this! Goddamn, I love the new layout.
Quote from PaulH :At least it is a lot damn better than the new Google search layout...has a new "Everything" sidebar down the left hand side of the search results and takes up 1/3 of the screen. It's horrible....

I see absolutely nothing on Google as you've described. Google looks no different than it has for years.

Quote from zeugnimod :Don't tell me you are reading youtube comments.

I do. I mostly look up guitar videos and guitar lesson videos. Some of the comments are quite useful. Now all the little kiddie videos of kids farting or whatever other stupid non-humorous stuff like what is mostly posted in the "hillarious video" thread is a different matter. A bunch of little kiddies posting stupid comments for a stupid video that neither are funny, I wouldn't read those.

Quote from SilverArrows77 :...and when Youtube sees need to provide a guide on how to use a video viewing page...

Already there. There's a "quick tour" link on the video pages.
Quote from mrodgers :I do. I mostly look up guitar videos and guitar lesson videos. Some of the comments are quite useful. Now all the little kiddie videos of kids farting or whatever other stupid non-humorous stuff like what is mostly posted in the "hillarious video" thread is a different matter. A bunch of little kiddies posting stupid comments for a stupid video that neither are funny, I wouldn't read those.

Ok, I guess it depends on the type of video.

I mostly watch music videos and 99% of comments are argueing about which band is better.
its UGLY!!! and the rating thing is horrible I hope they put it back as it used to be
They have this longer than since 1st of april amirite?
Quote from BlakjeKaas :They have this longer than since 1st of april amirite?

It was made public on April 1st, I think.
Quote from mrodgers :I see absolutely nothing on Google as you've described. Google looks no different than it has for years.

Apparently it is one of their "experiments". I think you are one of the lucky ones that hasn't automatically been subjected to it.
What is strange though is it is only there on Firefox but not Internet Explorer regardless of whether I am signed into Google or not. Deleting cookies doesn't help.

There is a Google support discussion about it here.

I've included a picture of it.

Youtube's new layout?
(111 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG