The online racing simulator
Where's the wednesday update?
(50 posts, started )
As it says at www.liveforspeed.net, "While we finish the patch, we will post some info and a picture or two about a new feature or update, each day."

Am I blind or didn't they post anything today? Does anyone know why?
We have "the countdown" now

It changed from 3 to 2 days to go
Quote from Batterypark :"While we finish the patch...

Maybe it's finished ?
Quote from Quietus :We have "the countdown" now

It changed from 3 to 2 days to go

I hope that was a joke :P
Already've been discussed in other threads... and it looks like you gonna have to live it this way until friday
if you look in the main LFS website the countdown went from 3 to 2 days. just press the link and it will show the spinning BMW Formula 1 car

Quote :COUNT-DOWN (2)

Let's hope the F1 car comes with launch control or rolling starts
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Quote from thisnameistaken :That is a really badass number 2. I can't wait for the number 1, it's going to own.

If 1 is going to own, then whats 0 going to do
Quote from Leroyvl :Let's hope the F1 car comes with launch control or rolling starts

ah yes because rolling starts and formula one go togetherillepall
Make people go crazy and play LFS for hours on end with new physics and graphics updates! YAY!!!
Quote from sil3ntwar :ah yes because rolling starts and formula one go togetherillepall

No, because he is thinking standing starts are going to be very, very difficult if the BF1 does not have traction control or launch control. (And I know that the current F1 formula does not allow launch control... unless you are Renault )
Quote from Hallen :And I know that the current F1 formula does not allow launch control...

Uhm, I think they do actually...
Quote from Greboth :If 1 is going to own, then whats 0 going to do

Kill the servers which host the file.
Quote from sil3ntwar :ah yes because rolling starts and formula one go togetherillepall

They don't? What happens in the total turrential rain situations, or when the pace car comes out, they all stop on the grid as normal? illepall
Ahh the torrential rain exceptions are very few, and rolling restarts are not the same thing as rolling starts
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Quote from thisnameistaken :In total torrential rain situations they start on the grid like usual. Don't you remember that hilarious ballsed-upped start at Spa in the pissing rain when Coulthard took out half the field?

And 2 years later under the same weather conditions they did a rolling start...

Mind you it didn't look any different from a rolling restart. Series that do rolling starts all the time make the cars stay in 2x2 formation till the green flag/light. But that year Hakkinen took off into the sunset at the start and the field was strung waaay out.
Quote from bobvanvliet :Uhm, I think they do actually...

They do not have electronically controlled launch control. They do have traction control. You hear a bunch of sputtering on the starts because the traction control kicks in, but they are not allowed to use the computers to control the launch. Renault does seem to have something going for it, but it is not the same as what used to be used.
Well maybe if BMW Sauber team was as fast on track as they was to release this news, we would not be asking this question

/me removes tongue from cheek
Quote from Hallen :if the BF1 does not have traction control

Little birds told me that it has TC.
Quote from Leroyvl :Let's hope the F1 car comes with launch control or rolling starts

Considerin F1 banned it, i'd think not
Quote from RacingSimFan :And 2 years later under the same weather conditions they did a rolling start...

Mind you it didn't look any different from a rolling restart. Series that do rolling starts all the time make the cars stay in 2x2 formation till the green flag/light. But that year Hakkinen took off into the sunset at the start and the field was strung waaay out.

Good thing LFS has rain...
The traction control is not allowed to be used as a launch control method either, something along the lines of the TC mustn't kick in until 50mph or something, so the drivers have to start manually. The anti-stall system tends to mean people just bog down if they don't do it right.

Can't wait for TC to be eradicated from F1 in 2008 with control ECU's
Quote from tristancliffe :
Can't wait for TC to be eradicated from F1

Can't wait for upcoming future F1 seasons where the drivers has been replaced with robots and the cars upgraded with fully automated controlling. And the cars have so advanced wings that they actually fly 10 cm in the air.
If they dont have launch controll, so tell me why there are no clouds of smoke during start of the race? I dont believe that no driver spin the wheels at starts. Just look at the launch of old F1 races. You could see at least 2/3 cars burning rubber at start.
Quote from deggis : And the cars have so advanced wings that they actually fly 10 cm in the air.

So rFactor has more advanced physics than we realised

(50 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG