The online racing simulator
2010 Kyoto 250: Race Discussion
Discuss the race itself here!

Keep it clean and civil.

PMs should be sent out now to all qualified drivers. Reserve Drivers will be PMed and should watch the server via LFSRemote to see if they are needed.
And before anyone asks, yes there will be wind. The conditions for Saturday that we'll run will be Cloudy Morning, Low Wind. The forecast for Kyoto Japan calls for Rain this weekend, and wind speeds in the 15 or so mph range. That's actually the lower end of the high wind setting, but I'll just hope for the highest low wind that LFS can offer for Saturday.

And be glad that there isn't yet any rain in LFS...I'd have to stop the race if it rained, until the track could be dried.
Can't wait for saturday This should (and hopefully will) be highest class oval race See you all on track,hopefully there will be some green flaged time to have pure racing
If LFS had rain I'd tell you lets race in it with high wind added as well!
Quote from PMD9409 :If LFS had rain I'd tell you lets race in it with high wind added as well!

Haha so true, after all this is a one day "Spectacle" not a one day "Sensible" event.
Quote from AstroBoy :Haha so true, after all this is a one day "Spectacle" not a one day "Sensible" event.

:P i like it
Rename it to the 24 hours de Kyoto?
Rofl. there is a SC every other minute.
50 to go. Let's play a game.

How much fuel does Phil have left?

I say 47%
There's been so many SCs that the SC had to pit for fuel
Quote from J@tko :There's been so many SCs that the SC had to pit for fuel

Is CSF gonna be able to stay awake till the end?
#12 - CSF
No. I just drove the SC with my mouth
Cant be much worse than this, 13th (unlucky number) position shows really what i think of the race

I expected to have a great racing, instead i was in every incident, not a good way to leave this place like that. Congratulations to podium, i suppose.
Thank goodness for timeouts......
Attached images
KY250 2010.jpg
Quote from z-ro 8 :Thank goodness for timeouts......

I saw that I had no one to root for when you timed out.

Y'all are some bad drivers
I take offense to that.
That was a bit of a pisstake. Some of the driving was apalling, and several drivers should not of been racing after some stupid mistakes. To go from 4th to 18th in one lap cause a driver decided to punt me into the wall is not what i expected.

Lets just hope next year is slightly better..
BTW when will the demand be available?
The race for me was very unsettled, had many different situations. One of them was, that I got 2 laps penalty because I forgot that it's forbidden to overtake other cars when pitting. After completing my penalty on next SC period, referees forgot me and I didn't have a chance to overtake SC so I lost a bit of time. Although, the end of the race was very intense.
Instead of my race report i will write down a "List of things you can do while driving in Kyoto 250" first:

1) Drive with one finger
2) Drive with your nose
3) Drive with your penis
4) Drive while getting head from your girlfriend
5) Drive while actually f**king your girlfriend
6) Drink beer
7) Drink absinth
8) Get sober
9) Play Sudoku
10) Solve Rubik's cube
11) Solve Rubik's cube with closed eyes
12) Yell at kids out of the window
13) Chat on Facebook about how some drivers are incompetent
... etc. etc. etc.

Yes, it was disaster, thanks to impatience of some drivers. It was 3 hours of cruising and iirc, we have other servers for this purpose.

Good organisation from NDR guys, you did your best. Better luck in selecting drivers next time though.
I remember Deko saying "We can get this done in 1:45 hours" in the drivers' briefing. And three hours later, we were still racing...

My race was a bit messy, I got it all wrong at the start (someone pushed me at the wrong side and I couldn't avoid the spin), since that moment, I've just had a recovery race... back up to 3rd at some point. Unfortunately I picked up some damage and pitted with 30 laps to go, thinking my tyres would overheat if we get some green running... neither of which happened. Note to myself: Never give up track position anymore!

End wasn't too good either, I had a spin battling for P15 or so, sorry for the contact there in the end, my car wasn't driving in a straight line anymore.

Congrats to the podium finishers, although I'm a bit disappointed about 21st, I've still had some enjoyable racing... in between the many cautions.

Of course, thanks for the organisation and the patience from NDR and its admins.
Quote from Drift King CZ :Lap AND Timecode of incident: 2:16:10 - 2:16:20, 98-99 on the green flag

Cars involved: 9, 33

Brief description of incident: Car 33 started overtake attemp on car 9 from outside when car 9 suddenly realises that he's going to pass him and so he blocks the way but he didn't realise it's too late and so Diaz hits Yann Laprevotte... Just take a look at it and make sure this is the same as if car 33 would post this protest.

BTW not to mention that Diaz braked on the restarts before the line which isn't forbidden by the rules unfortunately... afaik.

First, Yann dropped back over 5 car lengths to get a jump. You jump, I block, very simple. It's the idiots that try to get large jumps on the rest of the field that cause accidents, not the people that brake boost, which got unfairly banned. So yeah, blame me all you want to stick up for your team mate, he's the one who was jumping the start.

Also, want to know the real reason I was braking on the restarts when leading? Or the reason I jumped a bit on the final restart? It's because of the ball-less wonders that stay back and try to jump the restart.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG