The online racing simulator
200° or 720° steering
(28 posts, started )

Poll : 720° or 200° (this is for XFG)

720°
200°
200° or 720° steering
Hello,
I was wondering what type of steering is the best.
720° or 200°
It depends what you prefer. There isn't one number that is best for everyone.

I use 540°.
Everyone who uses less steering than the ingame car even if his wheel would allow him to use more is a huge pussy and should be ashamed of himself
Proud to be a pussy! :cat3:
Well, to be fair, by using 540° you're at least only cheesing half the cars, so you're only a kitten, not a full grown pussy

But those guys using 200°, or worse, using a mouse in combination with the pedals - they deserve every bit of shame and mockery they get.
I don't see what the big fuss is about. If your driving style requires you to constantly correct big slides then you're at a disadvantage from overheated tires.
#7 - dadge
400° FTW!!!
i used to change for each car but now i couldn't be bothered. 400° is perfect for all other games too which means less time in the config and more time on track!
As for me, it depends on the car I'm currently driving - for road cars, I use 720°, GTR 540° etc. I want to use as much simulation potential as possible.

So 720°
270°
Quote from zeugnimod :
I use 540°

+1
Is the maximun you can turn your wheel with the 2 hands on it
I have mine at 900º but it automatically adjusts for each car so it only uses the max steering degrees that the car uses.
I think mine is currently at 720.

Haven't raced with it in ages though O.O
i go with RvB s setings in profiler 450 in game 540
Quote from SilverArrows77 :ive been using the "correct" amount of wheel turn for each car, even though this means constantly adjusting in the profiler.

You don't need to adjust it at all. Mine automatically adjusts to the correct ratio for each car.

Quote from Options Menu :Wheel turn compensation:
Adjusts the turn ratio of the users wheel to the LFS car.

Quote from AjRose :You don't need to adjust it at all. Mine automatically adjusts to the correct ratio for each car.

Although you don't have an FF stop.
so if you are driving the MRT, and you spin, you may need to turn your wheel 360 degrees before actually you are steering again
Quote from BlakjeKaas :Although you don't have an FF stop.
so if you are driving the MRT, and you spin, you may need to turn your wheel 360 degrees before actually you are steering again

Yep, I've never found it to be a problem. Very rarely do I "lose" the wheel in any car.
Meh, I do =P
I would actually really like that! I'm not sure but it might be possible using OutSim?
900 degrees FTW, i haven't bought tha wheel to use less then it can do.
Quote from Calzone :900 degrees FTW, i haven't bought tha wheel to use less then it can do.

If it could do 7200 degrees (10 turns in each direction) would you use that?
Quote from Calzone :900 degrees FTW, i haven't bought tha wheel to use less then it can do.

i wonder if less wheel lock would make him faster?................ jedi mind trick attempt #1
looking at your PB's i'd say you cruise more than you race? in which case 900° would be better for that.
#24 - PoVo

x10
720 FTW...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG