The online racing simulator
*Speculation* - Release date is known now
Hi guys,

I just notice today this link.

http://213.202.247.220/index.php?sid=&p=game

There must be a reason why devs cant release that patch earlier.Maybe due to Intel or BMW-Sauber.Some type of agreement.
So we will get that patch 21st or 22nd.

Well I am still lucky seeing myself playing next weekend with all these new features
There would be no sense to release a patch and start new competition on same day.

Btw. I had a dream where Scawen send me an SMS that they patch is releases tomorrow
I know when it will come. In 2006.
Let's try to keep this hullaballoo speculation in one thread...
Sorry, but that's not the release date, only the Devs know, so going into speculation would just be a waste of time, getting hyped up over nothing.

Only time will tell.
imagine the challenge they talk about will be held on lfs.
all prices will go to some of us, isn't that unfair?

€: this all fits just so well together. now even the airport-intel-ad makes sense.
#7 - ste_
Speculation that it's known? Well, duh...

so it definitely might be released on the 21st or 22nd?
I didn't quite understand from the site.. What exactly is the Intel Racing Tour?
Quote from NotAnIllusion :I didn't quite understand from the site.. What exactly is the Intel Racing Tour?

It doesn't tell. It says drive F1 BMW on a virtual course. Not much info other than that, and it will start on 22th.
It could be as well online flash game or something.
Yes, could be. BUT: why is lfs in this intel-airport spot? Why is this BMW Sauber F1 car the "news" for yesterday?

It all fits together..
Erm, babelfished from the main page:

Quote :Cordially welcomely with the Intel® Racing route! The season 2006 promises again much tension and is called running. And in this year for the first time the BMW start cleanly F1 team in the king class of the engine haven - with support of Intel, since end of last yearly of official enterprise partners of the BMW cleanly F1 team. Prove your abilities as formula to 1 pilot: take to place in the new boliden of nod Heidfeld and Jacques Villeneuve and take part in you in the Intel Racing route 2006. Come to one of our numerous stops of the Intel Racing route and drive yourselves you into our rank list of the Top pilots. We invite the ten best drivers of the season to a large conclusion vent, on which the winner of the Intel Racing route 2006 is determined. As main price a BMW M6 signs. On-line Game And who would like still something to practice or to one of the route stops not come can, our on-line Game offers nevertheless 1 Feeling to formula - attractive prices expect the best drivers also here. Register equivalent now and give yourselves you to rubber.

Now the bold bit, I translate as meaning, if you cant make it to one of the stops on the tour or want to practice, you can buy the game at 'attractive prices' ie. get an LFS licence, and expect the best drivers online (that's US!).

Here's the URL http://www.intel.com/deutsch/r ... deuHPAGE+Main_Racing_tour , perhaps one of our native german speakers to do a better job on the translation.
So did I get this right.. it's an electronic league, on a virtual course (doesn't say where), with a BMW F1 car. There's a pic of one such car on the LFS website, and Intel already is involved indirectly with LFS by presenting the LFS EPS races (from lfsnews.net).

Hmm
Not exactly. Browsing around that site with my incredibly basic grasp of german and ability to look at pictures, its a simulator tour going round various german cities, featuring F1 cockpits and presumably a version of LFS running on them. Click on events to see the cities and a mockup of the simulator pods.
The prize for the top driver on the simulator tour is an actual BMW M6.
There is also an 'Online Game' which I suspect will be basically a hotlap competition, the prizes for which seem to be Fujitsu Siemens laptops (see the connection again folks).
Well, if it will really feature LFS, expect this to be the gratest hotlap war ever!

I mean... Even if it is not for the M6, but a laptop is already a great prize!
I babelfished some more of that website and it came out a bit like one of mitsufumi's posts

"They would like to sit once even in the cockpit formula 1 of a car? Then you come to the stops of the Intel® Racing route. We regard as you original reproductions of the current car of let us nod to Heidfeld and Jacques Villeneuve ready! Measure with other pilots on a virtual racing course in hot head on head running."
Quote from colcob :Now the bold bit, I translate as meaning, if you cant make it to one of the stops on the tour or want to practice, you can buy the game at 'attractive prices' ie. get an LFS licence, and expect the best drivers online (that's US!).

Here's the URL http://www.intel.com/deutsch/r ... deuHPAGE+Main_Racing_tour , perhaps one of our native german speakers to do a better job on the translation.

hmm my german is rusty but it didnt say anything about buying the game, just that there's also attractive prizes in online game too for those who can't make it to the tour.

I don't really think this online game has nothing to do with LFS.. maybe some flash game or something *speculates*
I'm thinking that the date of the 22nd relates to the next F1 race at Imola, also the first European race of the season.

It would seem sensible for BMW-Sauber to showcase their new competition in front of the corporate types that will be invited along. Maybe the drivers will set benchmark times for our 'aliens' to beat.

Who knows...maybe if we watch closely we might see the Devs mulling around on the grid or in the pre-race build up.
I dont think the patch will come out on the 22nd. How would they have a competition on the same day as the patch is released?? It would atleast have to be released on the 21st for Intel to get prepped
Quote from Bean0 :I'm thinking that the date of the 22nd relates to the next F1 race at Imola, also the first European race of the season.

It would seem sensible for BMW-Sauber to showcase their new competition in front of the corporate types that will be invited along. Maybe the drivers will set benchmark times for our 'aliens' to beat.

Who knows...maybe if we watch closely we might see the Devs mulling around on the grid or in the pre-race build up.

I don't think it would make much a difference to the corporate types if they released a patch to a bunch of geeks keeping vigil on an internet forum before they got to see it themselves.
Quote from Sp3cTr3 :I dont think the patch will come out on the 22nd. How would they have a competition on the same day as the patch is released?? It would atleast have to be released on the 21st for Intel to get prepped

Maybe patch is finished and the Intel guys already have it to prepare themselfes?
Quote :wir vergeben pro Monat an den jeweils schnellsten Fahrer aktuelle PCs und Notebooks von Fujitsu Siemens Computers. Ob Sie der Glückliche sind, sehen Sie in unserer

Fujitsu Siemens ehh? Didn't Vykos have a deal with them?
#23 - SamH
Perhaps Scawen/Eric/Victor have helped BMW/Sauber develop their online sim, having been approached as the most viable and attractive collection of programmers, suited to the task - with their track-building skills, and physics/aerodynamics implementation. A bespoke sim, specific to BMW/Sauber is a win for BMW/Sauber. And of course, we LFSers reap benefits of the exchange too.
Quote from LRB_Aly :Maybe patch is finished and the Intel guys already have it to prepare themselfes?

Makes sense seeing as historically they release on Friday afternoons, and the 21st is a Friday

Dan,
Quote from danowat :Makes sense seeing as historically they release on Friday afternoons, and the 21st is a Friday

Dan,

he he and the 21st is also my birthday

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG