The online racing simulator
There is one man that confirm all of this, and he isn't a Developer

Intel ( EPS Germany League )+ LFS + Fugitsu Computers = VYKOS
He is a beta tester though, so he'd essentially be leaking info. Not guna happen methinks.

@CharlieP, yes it has been posted before

Quote from NotAnIllusion :He is a beta tester though, so he'd essentially be leaking info. Not guna happen methinks.

@CharlieP, yes it has been posted before

But thats in English, and holy crap, you actually a breif clip of the LFS Sound
#30 - SamH
Vykos is noticeable by his absence in these threads, I'd say. Very very few posts on a topic I am quite sure he'd be very keen to elaborate on, IF he "could". Therefore I think it's reasonable to conclude.. Vykos is our man
We've all got to hunt vykos down and force him to tell us the answers to our questions.
Sorry to spoil the fun but wasn't there a video of one of those simulators with a PS2?
Quote from nutty boy :We've all got to hunt vykos down and force him to tell us the answers to our questions.

He's just posted in the other thread but it doesn't really tell much apart from bashing nK
Quote from ajp71 :He's just posted in the other thread but it doesn't really tell much apart from bashing nK

All he said was that there is no Ford emblems or other stuff on the nk pro site, even though the cars are formula fords. Not bashing.

But let's not go there

And why don't you believe me when I tell you thatI have seen the release date in my dream!!! It's ... hmm, tomorrow
To be fair, he doesnt bash nK, he just points out that their formula fords aren't officially licensed FF's, but non-branded replicas. Just as LFS's FO8 is an non-branded replica of a formula Nippon, or whatever.

Clearly, in the case of the BMW-Sauber F1 car, is a fully licensed up tie-in with Intel and the team, which is presumably the distinctionhe was trying to make.
thx colcob
#37 - SamH
Quote from ajp71 :He's just posted in the other thread but it doesn't really tell much apart from bashing nK

Following on from what I said yesterday about transposed patriotism, and what we believe we know about Vykos' close involvement in current LFS developments, I'd say this is an inevitability.
Quote from colcob :To be fair, he doesnt bash nK, he just points out that their formula fords aren't officially licensed FF's, but non-branded replicas. Just as LFS's FO8 is an non-branded replica of a formula Nippon, or whatever.

It's not quite the same the cars in nK are precise copies of real cars made using real data but renamed. LFS cars are loosley based on real cars.

But this is not the point he needant have brought nK up how the **** can you accuse me of being a forum troll always bringing up nK when three Beta testers (Kid, Don + Vykos) spend all their time ripping it apart. If the LFS community can't stop ripping apart its rivals then I'm seriously going to think twice about whether I want to be part of it.
Quote from SamH :Following on from what I said yesterday about transposed patriotism, and what we believe we know about Vykos' close involvement in current LFS developments, I'd say this is an inevitability.

Still bringing it up randomly just to have a little stab at it wtf is the point in that? Sure it may not be the worst bash in the world but it's just annoying. If you go to any other sims forum you don't find posts picking at LFS so why should this forum be any different?
#40 - SamH
Was nK mentioned in this thread before you mentioned Vykos? If so, I sure didn't notice.
Quote from ajp71 :It's not quite the same the cars in nK are precise copies of real cars made using real data but renamed. LFS cars are loosley based on real cars.

But this is not the point he needant have brought nK up how the **** can you accuse me of being a forum troll always bringing up nK when three Beta testers (Kid, Don + Vykos) spend all their time ripping it apart. If the LFS community can't stop ripping apart its rivals then I'm seriously going to think twice about whether I want to be part of it.

The real cars in LFS are exact counterparts of their real world brothers (RaceAbout, MRT). So if there is a BMW-Sauber in LFS, then it will be an as real as possible BMW-Sauber as the real one. Including all the needed data etc. Is that so difficult to see?
#42 - SamH
Quote from Vykos69 :The real cars in LFS are exact counterparts of their real world brothers (RaceAbout, MRT). So if there is a BMW-Sauber in LFS, then it will be an as real as possible BMW-Sauber as the real one. Including all the needed data etc. Is that so difficult to see?

Something tells me my theory 1 is right
@Colcob - Yeah I suppose I brought nK up here but only after Kid, Don and Vykos had all mentioned it in the other thread.

Quote from Vykos69 :Is that so difficult to see?

Yes because the BMW Sauber team are not going to allow any technical details about their cars to float around on the internet. They are a professional racing team and could not afford to let their rivals get hold of this. Also the chances are their cars are as bent as hell (just like all the other teams) so they ain't likely to send any think that shows them in a bad light.
Well, the car (if it is going to be in LFS) will probably be slightly more user friendly, than a full blown F1 car with all the miniscule aero parts and stuff technical widgets. I am not saying that the LFS model would be a simple model, more than it won't have all the 0.01% accuracies in electronics and such.

And the data you think they could get from LFS isn't even closely as precise and real that it could help other teams.

Btw. that render at lfs.net must be fake. There isn't license plates on the car
Quote from ajp71 :Yes because the BMW Sauber team are not going to allow any technical details about their cars to float around on the internet.

But if that car is in LFS, then it will be properly licensed from them, therefore their "info" will not be floating around the net, it would of been supplied to the LFS Dev Team ( I am guessing this is how it works )
Quote from ajp71 :Still bringing it up randomly just to have a little stab at it wtf is the point in that? Sure it may not be the worst bash in the world but it's just annoying. If you go to any other sims forum you don't find posts picking at LFS so why should this forum be any different?

i think people should have respect for other sims, like a driver would have for a fellow driver.... team for a team. You dont see ferrari saying mclaren are crap, worthless bunch of fuitcakes. do you s neither should be said about NKPRO... ok nkpro has its share of problems but so has any sim any game infact. People need to learn to respect other peoples work and other sims rather than just bash them about with stupid comments.

I personally tried nkpro, and decided at this current stage in development it isnt the game for me.. end of story i dont go around on forums shouting my thoughts!!!!

mad
#48 - SamH
Quote from ajp71 :@Colcob - Yeah I suppose I brought nK up here but only after Kid, Don and Vykos had all mentioned it in the other thread.

That was me, not Colcob.. and yours isn't any excuse. I'm really not meaning to sound mean, but I have to say your obsession with NOT being subjected to any subjective and negative inferences regarding nK in an official LFS environment is beginning to really annoy me. It's gonna happen, and there's no more appropriate place for it to occur than here. You're not on to a winner by complaining about it.
Quote from ajp71 :Yes because the BMW Sauber team are not going to allow any technical details about their cars to float around on the internet. They are a professional racing team and could not afford to let their rivals get hold of this. Also the chances are their cars are as bent as hell (just like all the other teams) so they ain't likely to send any think that shows them in a bad light.

I think you're on to a loser here too. It seems quite plain to me that you're stating your opinions as if they're facts while Vykos, bless him, is trying to state his facts as if they're just opinions. I think you should listen to what Vykos says regarding LFS developments. He knows what he's talking about. I feel it in my bones.

Sorry an' all that, but.. things are as they are, not as you wish they would be, on both counts.
Quote from ajp71 :Yes because the BMW Sauber team are not going to allow any technical details about their cars to float around on the internet.

What kind of data? If you can see engine specs that isnt going to harm enyone. You cant see the engine, how its made or what it does. You dont need any data wich would be top secret in LFS.

edit. oh, and they could give old/false data to devs too
#50 - J.B.
Quote from ajp71 :It's not quite the same the cars in nK are precise copies of real cars made using real data but renamed. LFS cars are loosley based on real cars.

Not true. The FTarget is a real Dallara F3, The other cars are no more real than LFS' cars.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG