The online racing simulator
Heavy Rain - PS3
(40 posts, started )
Heavy Rain - PS3
Demo is up on the PSN now - Go grab it!

I just had it up and the graphics are amazing. The atmosphere and sound are all top notch. It's a bit like an interactive novel movie, but it's not all just cut scenes, you can actually control the characters and so on. Even change camera angles

You can make each character walk, turn his body/head around, and the animation is life like

make sure you calibrate the gama in the game though
Quote from CoolColJ :... you can actually control the characters and so on. Even change camera angles

You can make each character walk, turn his body/head around...

reminds me a video game....oh wait
it's game, but not a game
Really excited about this one.
#6 - JJ72
I like the realistic setting, a hell lot......one of the reasons I am hunting for a bargin second hand PS3 now actually.
After seeing the videos, I was a little bemused at how to feel about this one, but I managed to score an early demo last week due to completing their web game.

Its a genuinely unique experiance, oozes atmosphere, and even though the combat is exclusively QTE driven,its genuinely exciting and gets the blood pumping.

All in all, HR would have been a pretty brave PC release, but considering its a console release, its very, VERY brave.

Not sure how it will sell, but I think its one of those gaming experiances that everyone needs to try, seems to set new standards for atmosphere, story telling, and providing a genuine "movie quality" feel to it.
i'm buying it. Even though I well don't like PS3.
Yeah the fight scene in the demo got my heart pumping!
The music added to the feeling

Only thing I'm not keen on is the excessive bloom in the 2nd Crime scene chapter in the demo. I don't think there will be settings to reduce the bloom though
Quote from CoolColJ :
Only thing I'm not keen on is the excessive bloom in the 2nd Crime scene chapter in the demo. I don't think there will be settings to reduce the bloom though

Can't say I noticed any excessive bloom, you mean the case when the FBI guy has the "HUD / Matrix" style glasses?
Quote from danowat :Can't say I noticed any excessive bloom, you mean the case when the FBI guy has the "HUD / Matrix" style glasses?

yeah, makes me think my eyes are all blurry....
Graphics are very nice, charecter animation is the best I've seen yet, storytelling seems okay though it's hard to judge from such a short demo, but the controls... oh lord.

I'm not a huge friend of QTE (Quick Time Event) games to start with, and this is basically an orgy of one. But it's not the massive amount of QTE that puts me off, I can handle them, but it's the bloody charecter control when you are supposed to move around in the scene. The charecters walk ever-so-very-slowly and there's no run or jog button to get you around anywhere faster. I guess the slowness is trying to compensate for the horrid controls when you try to change the direction you are walking to. Often I ended up zig-zagging in the alleys and hallways. It's a bit like trying to stir a half-hardened pot of concrete, that's how fluent it is.

I really can't see why people call this game being different and revolutionary compared to everything else, it's pretty much like Fahrenheit except more awkward charecter controls.
#13 - JJ72
Except Fahrenheit had a bullshit Sci-Fi plot that ruins everything after mid-game.

I liked Fahrenheit alot too, just a shame it looks a bit dated playing it now.
Demo for this was really awesome. Too short, though.
I've tried the demo. It looks awesome, but i hate the gameplay and controls.

Your character has asthma, lets inhale some spray... *rotate joystick, press up, blabla, shake joypad, blabla, R1* :sleep2:
#16 - Byku
HR even has a pissing scene O.o... for Japanese market i presume . Uh... and those boobies aren't perfectly round .
Not something I would buy day 1, but I will certain acquire it sometime later
haha, CAD in 'actually quite funny' shock
That'll help lonely guys out.
Shower scenes, sex scenes... the devs must be virgin nerds. This game seems to be horrible...
Quote from jibber :Shower scenes, sex scenes... the devs must be virgin nerds. This game seems to be horrible...

Yep, I think it really sucks... They could rather made a movie of it instead of a game.
Quote from jibber :Shower scenes, sex scenes... the devs must be virgin nerds. This game seems to be horrible...

Showering and sex, two very, very common situations, so how does this make one a nerd? I salute them for having the testicular fortitude to put it in their game. If anything, those social taboos are nerdish and silly.

Heavy Rain - PS3
(40 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG