The online racing simulator
Yeah, im sick of these threads too...
(102 posts, closed, started )
Back on-topic, guys.

I'm seriously doubting whether I'll buy S3 or not. The Devs like to take their time to deliver a quality product.
Will I get good value for money? Probably not, because I'm bored with the current configurations already, and one extra car won't keep me entertained for a year or two.
#52 - 5haz
Thanks for the info, the whole LFS community was waiting to hear what you had to say. :rolleyes:
If you guys wonder if all your complaining is damaging to the product, the answer is yes.

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=857790#post857790

Quote from Scawen :
I ignore probably 99% of such posts. I nearly ignored this one as well but I had this interesting thought as I went away for 5 minutes, how boring it really is that it seems now that every thread I decide to read, soon enough I'll stumble across one more of these boring posts complaining about the rate of progress. And each one makes me wonder what I'm doing this for. Each time I remind myself of the majority out there, who really do like LFS and the updates they get. And have not set a time frame in their own mind and then constantly pull us up on the time frame THEY set for us. It's ridiculous.

Can't really blame him. In fact, as much as I'd love to see new content, it would be hilarious if he just stopped development and totally crushed all you bitchy little children.

Mods, close this thread before it does any more damage.
Quote from Dennis93 :Wake-up call as usual, but we've been trying the last 1 and a half years

Lol you're funny. An actual wake-up call would be a mass exodus of users rather than some twat on the forum.
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :
Right now LFS has cancer and your turning down treatment, soon it will spread and become terminal if you keep us in the dark about everything. Having some noobs at BTCC driving rockingham before any of us have. WTF is that?

Just let them go on about it. They shouldn't of even told us about the Scirroco and Rockingham.

But i have gotta admit, when i was playing on Rockingham. You don't understand how good it was.
Go BTCC This year and it will most probably be there again.
Aww thanks, im a noob because i went on Rockingham before you. Aha Lmfao.

Its a game, Move on and maybe play something else while we wait.
This is another spam thread.
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :nubuts, i did a full season of FBM spec and GTRemix before you were even born, so please, stfu. I didn't like the concept of R2F1 after trying so i didn't do it. Anyway stop quoting and replying to me, im trying to exit and i always have to have the last say.

I don't think Formula BMW was around before I was born. And I don't think GTRemix is even a real race series, let alone around before I was born.

To everyone who doesn't like the current situation - leave then. Why are you still here if LFS is unfixable, unfair, undeveloped and as bad as you make out. Moaning won't speed things up. It won't make the end result better. It doesn't make the world a better place, or enable you to sleep any better. Keep quiet and wait, or leave. You know the situation, and surely you know it won't make a blind bit of difference.
Quote from tristancliffe :You know the situation, and surely you know it won't make a blind bit of difference.

Critical thinking is hard
Quote from tmehlinger :If you guys wonder if all your complaining is damaging to the product, the answer is yes.

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=857790#post857790

Can't really blame him. In fact, as much as I'd love to see new content, it would be hilarious if he just stopped development and totally crushed all you bitchy little children.

Mods, close this thread before it does any more damage.

Maybe if he stopped 5 seconds by the forums and say "Hey, progress is going good, stay tuned!" or something along that lines we wouldn't bitch so much.
Quote from kimd41 :Maybe if he stopped 5 seconds by the forums and say "Hey, progress is going good, stay tuned!" or something along that lines we wouldn't bitch so much.

Everyone would quote him ans ask him what exactly he's working on...
Quote from kimd41 :Maybe if he stopped 5 seconds by the forums and say "Hey, progress is going good, stay tuned!" or something along that lines we wouldn't bitch so much.

Jesus titf*cking Christ, he has no obligation whatsoever to do that. How much feedback do you get from other game developers while they're working on a title? Any? At all?

Mods, seriously. Do your jobs. Moderate. Close this stinking pile of a thread.
Quote from tmehlinger :Jesus titf*cking Christ, he has no obligation whatsoever to do that. How much feedback do you get from other game developers while they're working on a title? Any? At all?

Mods, seriously. Do your jobs. Moderate. Close this stinking pile of a thread.

Or i could buy you a spade, To get that sand out of your vagina. Seriously STFU no-one gives a **** what you think. All of your posts are worthless.
And yours are more worthy?
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Or i could buy you a spade, To get that sand out of your vagina. Seriously STFU no-one gives a **** what you think. All of your posts are worthless.

Now you feel the power of getting owned by everyone.

I've had that feeling before. Not nice is it?
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Anyway stop quoting and replying to me, im trying to exit and i always have to have the last say.

When a mod locks this thread, please leave the last post as a reply to pearcy.
Im stuck between two sides here. I agree with you in ways Reece defintely because I do love LFS and want to see if develop rather than fade away.
I still enjoy LFS and any updates are a bonus.
But what I would like to know from the devs, maybe not a definate date but just a heads up on a month, 6 months, a year?
Im sure they have to have some idea of their progress and when it may be due to arrive?
Tristan - I didn't say they weren't but the little guy needs to get off that high horse of his.

Im not getting owned by anyone, everyone ive spoke to agrees, ive had people adding me on msn just to say they agree with me. I don't care what you trolls think, the majority agree with me, deal with it.
Quote from pearcy_2k7 : Seriously STFU no-one gives a **** what you think. All of your posts are worthless.

The feeling is mutual.

I don't really involve myself with this forum that much, let-alone post here. Nor am i a racing kind of a guy, i prefer the cruise servers to the racing servers as that is the type of environment i prefer. i tried racing and it just wasn't for me.

Anyway, you should feel lucky about the content that LFS offers you. You probably get double the content for your £24 than you get in games that cost twice as much. And that is in terms of free content from the devs in terms of patches compared to console games etc as i am not a user of any other racing sims/online sims. You have to remember that LFS is developed by 3 people (in what i can imagine is their spare time?) so expecting them to release large amounts of new content on a regular basis is a little optimistic imo.

Take the VWS for example, Yes i was disappointed when the VWS was late but i got over it and carried on playing and generally getting on with things rather than whining on about it. It would be nice if everyone else could do the same, and as has been said, if you really are this unhappy with the game, don't play it, take a break.

I'm not fantastic at long structured posts, or advice for that matter, so i'll stop here

Josh.
Wow some people in here are morons.

Back on topic, I agree with what pearcy said waay back in the OP.

LFS is great fun to play, and indeed I still play it now, although less and less mainly due to n00bs on public servers and lack of time to participate in too many leagues. We provide many Leagues and the popularity of these show that lots of others also think LFS is lots of fun, and enjoy the slightly more serious League environment. However, the lack of "progress" is a bad thing really.

LFS could, and for all intents and purposes should, be a truly superb simulator. It's got all the basics there - good physics, good range of base cars, good multiplayer system, online tracking, friendly community, lots of Leagues. However it's not quite there yet, and for it to survive and to become truly great the level needs to be stepped up. Improved tyre physics are coming, which is nice, but all the other bugs [red 'n' white barriers, various balancing issues, drafting, buggy walls] need to be fixed too. We also are going to have to get modding eventually, but if the basic physics are all there and modding is implemented properly, then LFS vs iRacing could be a never-ending battle of the sims. Potentially both could have really long shelf-lives.

People are only complaining because they love playing LFS and see the sim that it could become. They don't want everyone to leave and forget LFS, so that when/if the awesome-ness comes, they've no-one to share it with.

Is my post making it come any quicker? No.
Will the devs care about what I wrote? Probably not.

But let's face it, LFS is going to very sadly die unless we can conquer the rich bastards over at iRacing.
Quote from J@tko :Wow some people in here are morons.

Back on topic, I agree with what pearcy said waay back in the OP.

LFS is great fun to play, and indeed I still play it now, although less and less mainly due to n00bs on public servers and lack of time to participate in too many leagues. We provide many Leagues and the popularity of these show that lots of others also think LFS is lots of fun, and enjoy the slightly more serious League environment. However, the lack of "progress" is a bad thing really.

LFS could, and for all intents and purposes should, be a truly superb simulator. It's got all the basics there - good physics, good range of base cars, good multiplayer system, online tracking, friendly community, lots of Leagues. However it's not quite there yet, and for it to survive and to become truly great the level needs to be stepped up. Improved tyre physics are coming, which is nice, but all the other bugs [red 'n' white barriers, various balancing issues, drafting, buggy walls] need to be fixed too. We also are going to have to get modding eventually, but if the basic physics are all there and modding is implemented properly, then LFS vs iRacing could be a never-ending battle of the sims. Potentially both could have really long shelf-lives.

People are only complaining because they love playing LFS and see the sim that it could become. They don't want everyone to leave and forget LFS, so that when/if the awesome-ness comes, they've no-one to share it with.

Is my post making it come any quicker? No.
Will the devs care about what I wrote? Probably not.

But let's face it, LFS is going to very sadly die unless we can conquer the rich bastards over at iRacing.

Thank you, next time i start a thread, i will ask you to type it <3
#70 - 5haz
Bitterness.
Im not on a facking high horse, all you guys saying your happy with the development are deluded trolls. Im sick of you mini tristan
agreed
Another point i missed is, if the old guys aren't motivated, how will the new guys be? I know without a few people motivating me when i started LFS i would have just dropped it.
I agree with Pearcy and Jack.
This thread is closed

Yeah, im sick of these threads too...
(102 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG