The online racing simulator
Yeah, im sick of these threads too...
(102 posts, closed, started )
Im just wondering if the devs know the situation they're in? Everyone is bored and fed up of them doing things their way, it obviously isn't working like that. We've been waiting 1 1/2 years for some decent content and despite countless posts we still don't know when its going to be ready. Id happily pay more money or something to get it on the right trackbut i can't see development staying like this anymore especially with the rate of content iracing has. Its like waiting for a new car in rl imagine them cancelling all the dates that were set for it to be delivered and then they not tell you when this car is going to be given to you and you've waited over a year and theres still nothing.

It's just ridiculous and annoying being left in the dark when you've been patiently waiting for a long time, sticking it out when others have just quit and you just prove them all right. I want LFS to kick iracing in the nuts but it isn't going to happen with this failure you call "development".

Right now LFS has cancer and your turning down treatment, soon it will spread and become terminal if you keep us in the dark about everything. Having some noobs at BTCC driving rockingham before any of us have. WTF is that?

Time to do something, im sick to death of progress reports, i want either a date or a f*cking patch ffs! The Vette is looking seriously tempting right now.

Im am/was a big LFS fan and ive devoted alot of time into this sim but im questioning if i should put anymore into it, the devs really give me no hope and their stratergy to do things this way just stinks of failure as you can see for youself. You can't defend this, its pathetic.

w/e flamers you point is not valid to me. k?
+1 just humbly.

get your huzza on, your losing all us gronks.
+1 pearcy_2k7
The Devs aren't in a situation. They are doing what they are doing. It is you lot that is in a situation, somehow believing you are owed a patch or more content or even an update schedule.

Paying more won't change anything - only a moron would think it would. But if you are a moron, then feel free to pay more to LFS, which you can easily do in LFSWorld.

The BTCC thing was probably part of the deal. At least we'll get a non-buggy version with better physics. Why should LFS let us have it first?

I suggest you go and play something else. LFS will get an update when it comes, and then you can play it. Nothing - and I mean NOTHING - is acheived by people like you making threads like this. Other than raising your blood pressure....

*walks off, grumbling about bloody morons*
In the latest progress report from 25th December (a month and a bit ago), they described all things that they're working on and they're planning to work on. It's tyre heating and cooling, AI driver improvements, limited setup system, suspension updates and the VW stability control.

So, what do you want them to tell you, when they've already said what they've been doing since that time?
Sad, but true.
If your fed up with waiting then you should go and play another game, or go out and get some fresh air.
He who spends today waiting for tomorrow is destined to wait forever.

Enjoy what you have now. When the new stuff comes, you can enjoy that too.
And what will you do after the new patch is released? Wait for the next one?
Although I am somehow on your side, this is the reality.

Quote from Flame CZE :So, what do you want them to tell you, when they've already said what they've been doing since that time?

Quote from tristancliffe :Nothing - and I mean NOTHING - is acheived by people like you making threads like this.

People who like LFS feel the same as OP, but nothing will be changed because of this thread. Simple.

Only thing which can happen is that Eric will log in after a year or so typing he is his own boss.
Yeah, I'm fed up with LFS as well....but I'm not complaining. Hey...I'm still going around in circles at the KY1 and occasionally having a blast. But tbh LFS doesnt owe us anything and LFS doesnt have to update. In fact, it has updated much more than any other game or MMORPG for that matter so I'm already happy with it if it remains stagnant for the rest of it's days.

That being said. Yes, the devs needs to update or else it will die. But it is their decision and we cant do anything about it besides either being loyal or moving on.

So...in all this polarity...the middle ground is actually more in line with the truth (IMO). The people who complain DO have a point. I mean this is EXACTLY how an MMORPG dies (seriously). However, the people who defend LFS also have a point. Both sides have valid points.

Facts:
LFS is flawed. LFS is very much glaringly incomplete. LFS is slow.

The Devs dont owe us anything. They can decide to not update anymore and LFS will still be a great game (the devs of rFactor stopped giving patches to that a long time ago).

Complaining wont do anything. You can either stay a loyal (almost fanboyish loyal but still loyal...) or just move on. There's other games out there not to mention an entire life.

Now...let me get back to my oval...
Tristan, you obviously have no intrest in LFS anymore, you have no involvement in it, you never play it online anyway, all you do is give us your insight into things on the forum. Trying to be the big man as usual, your opinion really matters to me, thanks.

Maybe this thread won't get me anywhere but something i anted to get off my chest. No they don't owe me anything, im saying this because i care, if i didn't care i wouldn't say anything. Im not some noob that's been here 2 minutes ive been here a long time and put alot fo time and effort into it and the devs aren't bringing anymore content out.

All i want is a date or a patch, not much to ask for, im sick of all this waiting and guessing for over a year, its just taking the piss.

All the hardcore racers that have put time into it will agree, if they're still here that is.
Zeg dat godverredomd wel.
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :
All i want is a date..

Last time they gave one and failed to meet it, people were getting ready to hang the devs....

They have said it that no more dates will be given in the future.
Nowadays, it's difficult for the developers to say a release date for a patch, whose content and features have not been decided yet. They have learnt from their own mistakes (VWS postponement) and they are not going to do it anymore.
Ain't this sweet?

You're in the LFS teenage years, all confused and angry wanting to vent that frustration and let everyone know just HOW UPSET YOU REALLY ARE.

IM SO SO SAD. :sadbanana

Hugs?
That's not our fault they didn't make the date.

Just because some childish people went a bit nuts doesn't mean we shouldnt't get a date. I can't even remember the last time we had a proper patch its been that long. It's been too long how can you try and run a successful busniess with huge competition if the development is like this?

James, your obviously not at the bored stage yet, you will get there beleive me.
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Tristan, you obviously have no intrest in LFS anymore, you have no involvement in it, you never play it online anyway, all you do is give us your insight into things on the forum. Trying to be the big man as usual, your opinion really matters to me, thanks.

Maybe this thread won't get me anywhere but something i anted to get off my chest. No they don't owe me anything, im saying this because i care, if i didn't care i wouldn't say anything. Im not some noob that's been here 2 minutes ive been here a long time and put alot fo time and effort into it and the devs aren't bringing anymore content out.

All i want is a date or a patch, not much to ask for, im sick of all this waiting and guessing for over a year, its just taking the piss.

All the hardcore racers that have put time into it will agree, if they're still here that is.

Yes pearcy ur frustration is understandable. I share it. Seriously I do. I wanted badly better damage and aero so the oval racing part of LFS can be atleast semi realistic. It isn't.

But in all honestly, complaining will not get anywhere. Especially if the devs have already made up their mind on how this game's development will operate.

All you can do...is continue to play LFS. And if that gets boring or it gets too frustrating (cause it reminds you of too many unfulfilled potential). Than just move on. Again, there's games and there's a life outside of LFS. Enjoy those for now and come back to LFS when (or if) it suits your ideals.

It's what I do. I've scaled back in my LFS involvement. Yet I'm still here going round in circles. Despite it's flaws, LFS is still a great game and I will continue to play it for what it is.
James, don't use that word, or i will come and kick your ass.

I have a life, i just don't play other games, they don't interest me like LFS did, i don't even have a 1st person shooter on my pc.

Anyway, i was in two minds to post this thread, but spurred on by that dumb aussie i posted it and now the heat of the flamethrowers is starting to burn my eye lashes, so im going to make a swift exit. Unless i get brave or the cavelry arrives.
i agree with Pearcy (did i say that )
alot of the older members here have had great battles and fun in what was the best sim on the market in my eyes.
but the simple fact is that the development is so slow it has infected its users to the point of the current state of the servers, which is far worse than demo atm. everyone is so bored they dont care about their racing and just rage causing lots more problems than just late patches.
even the newcomers get jumped on like they criminals which is sad to see.

bring back the older 2005-2007 days as the racing was miint then and ppl cared

so i wave goodbye to LFS until things have improved coz the rage makes me ill
Well, I think that rules of market apply here.

We are grateful that, someday, Scawen, Eric and Victor decided to start a racing simulator by their own, and develop the way they wanted despite of costumer or market pressures, based on their will to bring a good racing simulation to the public on a time that the most realistic sims were still "arcadeish". This provided us, for a period of time, the only "hardcore" racing simulator avaliable for normal costumers, that most of us were willing to have.

But, this way of development, where they do what they want to do the way they want to do, have a side effect, that they will unlikely change the way of development, eventhough their target market makes pressure to change, and they start to loose potential costumers of more content.

Now the situation changed. Some (bigger) companies have seen that there is a market of costumers willing for good hardcore racing simulators, and started to develop other simulations. Today we are not constrained only to LFS.

Actually I think that the fact we have other (better?) options comparable to LFS is a good thing, so we can opt which one we want to follow.

Of course there is the community. On this kind of simulator, the community plays a big role, but I think that today a lot of LFS racers are trying other simulators, and the other simulators communities are improving.

Of course, as I said before, we know the potential LFS has. We know that there are small things that ruins the experience (at least for those that are racing on it for a long time) like some physics flaws that people are getting advantage of, and this brings a frustration feeling....

But it is the way it is, things will be released when they are done, it will continue to be a small 3 guys team, charging content the way they charge, communicating with the community the way they communicate.Nothing will change it, only if they want themselves, and no one will convince them.

At least, to be fair, Scawen is quite compromised with solving software bugs that prevent people from experiencing the simulator, and with the software compatibility and stability.
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :
waaa waaa waaaaaaa

Yet ANOTHER of these insipid threads.

If you're bored with the game and tired of a lack of "progress", just shut up and leave. You paid for a product and you received it. They made no guarantee about delivering updates, let alone in a "timely fashion", so take your hyper-inflated sense of entitlement and f**k off.

If you'll recall (you probably don't, you spend most of your time posting mindless drivel), Scawen actually said in one of these threads that he didn't post progress reports because this kind of backlash inevitably occurs. Give them a break.
What i don't get is why does everything has to be put on the self for months on end until Scawen feels it needs to be made public, Eric must of made alot of stuff over the past 2 years for us to enjoy like the westhill updates or the finished cockpits
Quote from JPeace :Mate i agree with you that it is a little frustrating to be so much over the deadline date. But to be honest i don't really care when the new patch comes out. There is still plenty to do on LFS. Just Be p*****t.

There is for you....
Quote from Mogar :Well, I think that rules of market apply here...

That was one of the best posts I've read here on this forum

Ok, I'm off karting - keep flaming Purse-e.
This thread is closed

(102 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG