The online racing simulator

Poll : Following the lines of IRacing, for a month you would be willing to pay?

Closed since :
Nothing
10 dollars
5 dollars
3 dollars
Mhmmm... I'd say so also. It was enough hassle for myself to get the $50 out of my wallet to get S2. A possibility if the improvements were made at a pace of iRacing, etc... but currently... I'd say nothing.
Quote from GenesisX :Mhmmm... I'd say so also. It was enough hassle for myself to get the $50 out of my wallet to get S2. A possibility if the improvements were made at a pace of iRacing, etc... but currently... I'd say nothing.

I must say I find it always interesting how much people complain for price of software.
I'm not saying it's you, but very often people buy hardware in worth 1000$+ yet 50$ or less is 'too much' and 'too expensive' for something they use *a lot*.

Back to topic (again), 50$ for this game is fair. It's good game. But as I said before, monthly fee is out of question since they are not hosting servers, nor have any actual support / questionable development.
I bought LFS S1 long ago after staying in demo some times, then after years without touching I decide to buy a G25 and upgrade to S2.
I feel greatthe fact that after you buy it you have the game and can download it everytime you want to return.

The day LFS will have monthly fee I will stop playing it because I am like those people who sign in the gym, pay the full month and then never go training. I have very little free time so I will just end up loosing money.
Quote from Asphalt Scream :The day LFS will have monthly fee I will stop playing it because I am like those people who sign in the gym, pay the full month and then never go training. I have very little free time so I will just end up loosing money.

+1 same here
Considering how I got my new PC mainly to play LFS and also bought a wheel, I already spent quite alot money on this game. Even if my computer is mostly used parts and cheaper than some gamers graphiccard(s) alone
So I would not want to pay a monthly fee, also because there are months where I only play for a short time etc.
Still i will get S3 of course
I love lfs and I don´t know another game that I played that long but I don´t wanna rent it. If S3 would cost 75€ I would still buy it, but a monthly fee?! Never.
Absolutely nothing. LFS is loads of crap to be honest, that's why I don't play it anymore. This forum though, is a fun place
I'd rather pay for using the forum than for lfs
Well, after:drink:max. 5dollars, if i got extra money^^
Quote from Dajmin :I paid £24, that's all I'm going to pay for it. Never again will I pay a monthly fee for a game.

It all depends, if i have to pay monthly fee for a game thats ... lets not mention it, then well ... no. If the game had lots of cars, tracks and overall much realistlic features and if i had a job, no problem.
Quote from hazaky :If the game had lots of cars, tracks and overall much realistlic features and if i had a job, no problem.

Actually, LFS currently has the most cars available if you exclude rFactor for obvious reasons. LFS has 20 cars compared to iRacing's 17 (if their website is up to date) and nKp has the least. iRacing does have the most tracks (ie. environments, so not counting different layouts).

As things stand now, though, I'm not sure if I would pay for an S2 license if I were a new potential customer. LFS is no longer the simracing pioneer it once was, and the competition is gaining rapidly or has surpassed LFS, depending on who you choose to believe.
I would pay, if it could keep quality and "realism" high.

The price of LFS is redicuolos low and gives new simracers a good value for their money.
Quote from obsolum :
As things stand now, though, I'm not sure if I would pay for an S2 license if I were a new potential customer.

I'm not too certain about that. I was just browsing the iracing site and the thing is I would never pay those prices for a game. Ever. 15 $ a month, and my educated guess is that you'd have to buy more content (I don't know because I couldn't find any info on that at the site... which is another reason why I wouldn't buy iracing. It's not that hard to clearly state your pricing and what it includes, bloody morons).

So with only 3 developers LFS could never climb up to the absurdity of iracing's pricing. And that's a huge plus side.
I wasn't referring to iRacing, though, so why you included that part of my post I don't know. I was just saying that if I were a potential customer now, I don't know if I would buy an S2 license. Period. That's all I said. I didn't imply that I would rather rent iRacing. Just that by today's standards LFS is... well... not as spectacular as many people on this forum make it out to be
Quote from obsolum :I wasn't referring to iRacing, though, so why you included that part of my post I don't know. I was just saying that if I were a potential customer now, I don't know if I would buy an S2 license. Period. That's all I said. I didn't imply that I would rather rent iRacing. Just that by today's standards LFS is... well... not as spectacular as many people on this forum make it out to be

A potential customer is quite likely to buy something eventually... so what else is there?

Besides, LFS isn't something you'd pick up as a spur of the moment from the shop. So if you were referring to those type of potential customers I fail to see your point. You can hardly argue a person looking for a simrace title would just walk away not buying anything? Or am I not getting the point (again) ?
Quote from hyntty : and my educated guess is that you'd have to buy more content (I don't know because I couldn't find any info on that at the site... which is another reason why I wouldn't buy iracing. It's not that hard to clearly state your pricing and what it includes, bloody morons).

who is a moron, you???? How hard is it to find their prices http://www.iracing.com/membership/faqs-2/

I doubt you ever looked...
Quote from richard dk :who is a moron, you???? How hard is it to find their prices http://www.iracing.com/membership/faqs-2/

I doubt you ever looked...

No u

Quote :A basic subscription for one year is $99 (which translates to $8.55 per month) and comes with everything you need to compete in your rookie season - three cars, two of them with two specifications each and seven tracks with 15 different configurations. We also offer additional content (cars and tracks) that cost either $11.95 or $14.95. Volume discounts are also available: 10% for any three pieces of content purchased at the same time, 20% for any six pieces of content purchased at the same time and 25% when you purchase everything available. The most cost-effective method to subscribe over time is the 2-year subscription plan which costs $179 or less than $7.50 per month. We also offer one and three month subscription packages for $14 and $36 respectively. In addition, we offer race participation credit in which you can earn up to $40 per year to put towards future purchases.

I still doesn't say what it costs. Except for the basic package. If someone is stupid enough to buy that load of marketing bullshit, well quite frankly they deserve to be ripped off. Again, it's not that hard to write a price list for all the extra content you will undoubtedly buy. Or actually list all the content you can buy, it is after all close enough to say it'll cost either 12 or 15$...
I think you are a little bit stupid now. I know you don`t like iRacing, but you can`t either act like an adult..

Is it hard for you to find out how much it does cost. Is their pricelist only for basic content....Read the iRacing site before you posts anything about their prizes...because you have still not yet looked at their site...

Cars cost 11.95$ and tracks 14.95$.... And can`t you find what cars and tracks there are in iRacing???
It`s so easy to find out...even for you... But ok, I`ll give you the links...

CARS 11.95$ http://www.iracing.com/cars-and-tracks/cars/

Tracks 14.95$ http://www.iracing.com/cars-and-tracks/tracks/

The cars and track information took only one click each to get...
Quote from richard dk :
The cars and track information took only one click each to get...

No. I figure it took me, or would have taken about 10 clicks or so to find that all out. I admit I started from the wrong end and went from left to right when looking through the nav menu (but hey, I'm not arabian so you can't really blame me.)

My point is, the site is done deliberately in a way that info is hard to find. The simplest trick here is the one where it isn't said how much it would set you back if you bought all of the content. To make matters worse it doesn't actually say anywhere what the additional content costs (remember my quote? Cars and tracks cost either 11.95 or 14.95 ) so you cannot even figure it out yourself. Of course the insanely complicated discount system has some effect on this as well but I can't pin the blame entirely on it as I can understand the point behind a discount when you subscribe for a longer period of time. Volume discounts I'm not too certain about.

The fact is, you've often seen a car review irl where the reviewer complains about the ridiculously expensive optional extras, and how the "as low as" price is so deceiving. iRacing is doing exactly the same. I can't say I blame them because it is quite frankly extortion. You could argue that LFS in comparison is equally expensive if you take in to account all the services included but in reality iracing should be cheaper because they should get savings from having everything centered in one place (eg everyone not having to buy their servers individually).
It`s written We also offer additional content (cars and tracks) that cost either $11.95 or $14.95

Cars is mentioned first and the first price is 11.95$ - so thats the cars. The next mentioned is tracks and that price is 14.95$ - is it really so difficult to understand? In Denmark I`m reading as above, but we could also use the word AND. I think EITHER is also valid here to get the understanding of it.... Maybe it`s different up north. But IF you really was interested to know the price, why didn`t you ask about it?

And why do you bother at all about iRacing. You never ever gave the homepage a try.. So let it go....

10 clicks? - and so what. I don`t know any site where you can find everything with one click! Why couldn`t you do it with one click?. You would like to know what cars there are, ok? Then look after cars at the bottom on the page. It`s the same at liveforspeed.net... One click...cars.... Maybe you can`t figure it out..but a lot could..even me...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG