The online racing simulator

Poll : Following the lines of IRacing, for a month you would be willing to pay?

Closed since :
Nothing
10 dollars
5 dollars
3 dollars
Quote from Jordan2007 :Epic Win, My post got deleted

yes because I reported it.

TBH you are getting so annoying. Every thread about a game

"I'll have to pirate it."
It my opinion and choice. Don't get involved if Your going to cry about it.
It's not your choice on the official forum.
Quote from Luke.S :yes because I reported it.

TBH you are getting so annoying. Every thread about a game

"I'll have to pirate it."

Quote from tristancliffe :It's not your choice on the official forum.

These two are right , you fail jordan...

Ontopic:

I believe lfs is doing it a better way,
i like it more that you only have to pay for unlocks, not for the service it self
I don't see how a sub fee will increase development speed unless it was used to fund the wages of more employees working on the product, something that it seems will never happen, which I feel is a shame. There are a lot of talented guys even within this very community, for example Lynce, Becky and Blackbird. If it would guarantee a rapid increase in development then I would pay 10 dollars a month no problem. That's what... about 6 quid? Not really that much. It would have to wipe the floor with everything else though, as I am extremely happy with iRacing at the moment, but would certainly not pay subscription fees for more than one thing at a time.
Well, maybe for you guys its not much to pay even 10-20 dollars a month to play a game, cause u get over 1000€/$ in your country. We dont even get half of the salary of yours here. Dont turn this into iRacing, its good as it is.
Right Kristi, and why to pay for the big nothing? I mean, the server is third party, the game upgrades are stopped, nothing happens, there are only 4-5 full servers, where i can race....so the 24GBP was enought IMO. and 12 more, when S3 will appear...somewhere in the middle of 2047.
Cheers
Nothing
Quote from ASR Sanchez :Right Kristi, and why to pay for the big nothing? I mean, the server is third party, the game upgrades are stopped, nothing happens, there are only 4-5 full servers, where i can race....so the 24GBP was enought IMO. and 12 more, when S3 will appear...somewhere in the middle of 2047.
Cheers

Actually the end of the world is at least 2012, so don't expect anymore updates, not even anything.
Quote from Kristi :Well, maybe for you guys its not much to pay even 10-20 dollars a month to play a game, cause u get over 1000€/$ in your country. We dont even get half of the salary of yours here. Dont turn this into iRacing, its good as it is.

To join that couch surfing website the amount you pay is based on the wealth of the country you live in. Its a pretty good idea and would be great to see games that use the pay-as-you-go system start doing that to increase the amount of people playing.
but yeah as for live for speed, no way.
Quote from lEl E Talon :To join that couch surfing website the amount you pay is based on the wealth of the country you live in. Its a pretty good idea and would be great to see games that use the pay-as-you-go system start doing that to increase the amount of people playing.
but yeah as for live for speed, no way.

that is pretty unfair someone in a rich country might be poor while someone from a poor country is rich
iracing has a crew and the owner needs to pay every month for their work
lfs has... mm Schawen and every $ is like a + to him
so i think lfs woud never be like iracing
-
(AjRose) DELETED by Victor : Unnecessary post
how the hell is possible to have improvements without pay ... 5 bucks
Quote from pako_customize :how the hell is possible to have improvements without pay ... 5 bucks

once per improvement or addon not monthly
Quote from BOSCHO :once per improvement or addon not monthly

for any new S1,2,4,5,7,8,8,
Hi there,

I don't think paying a monthly fee would change anything. The dev team and Scawen wanted to do it their own way and wouldn't change development speed, if there was more money. Money isn't the problem, as LFS seems to be more and more just a side job or hobby in free time like a lot of open source software.
They do it their own way. The way they decided. So no money would be used to get more employees or do it as a fulltime job with just the usual holiday per year.

I am completly happy with iRacing. Sim Racing isn't as popular as other genres and therefore a monthly fee is the right way IMO, if you use it the way iRacing does. New, very good quality real tracks and new real licenced cars every few months with money used for licences and development teams.
I see the monthly fee for serious, fair and organised races every few hours like in a league and gladly pay for content I am interessted in.

This way I can wait for the new patch another 3 years without bothering I will for sure test it out early 2009

Cheers
RIP
I'd be happy to pay $100 ea. for S3, S4,S5,S6,S7 etc if they come with the major decent improvements we are half expecting to see. Even if it was 1-3 years between each release.

So that works out at about $3 per month. But there's no point paying this way is there?

Extra money now won't speed up development. We've been down this road.
Quote from Scawen :
There is no test patch available, since the Z28 official release.

Development continues on the tyre physics, which we are trying to get to you as soon as possible.

We intend to test the tyre physics in a test patch before the full version is released.

"As soon as possible" doesn't mean "sooner if you send us cash"
Quote from Luke.S :that is pretty unfair someone in a rich country might be poor while someone from a poor country is rich

absolutely! but i guess it's what you personally see as giving the most amount of people access to something.

on a seperate note, does anybody else find it rude and inapropriate when people advertise another game in the official lfs forum? ie website url under your avatar.
I paid for iRacing, but I will never pay again. Also I will never pay a month suscription for LFS or any other game
Nothing.

However, i would pay a lot for this game becouse it have a lot of potentional, if development was a bit faster. Unfortunately postponing new content for over a year, is too much for me, sorry. But once we will have something else than 2 full cruise servers, 1 full drift server and 1 or 2 populated racing servers and a bit more content, i am prepared to pay a lot.
Quote from Mille Sabords :I am willing to pay what the devs think is the right price for S3, within resonable limits.
I am also willing to pay for extra content if there are fees involved to produce it (laser scanning is not free apparently ).
As stated by Tristan I do not think more money would affect how the devs work on LFS.

I am not willing to rent LFS.

+1
nothing

but i would be willing to pay for content updates every year
if it would help to get some more real cars & tracks into lfs

s licenses as content "license"
and everyone is getting the same physics / feature updates no matter wich content you purchased..

would be an acceptable way to me if i dont have to pay more than lets say 50€ per year to have everything thats available :P
Dude im not paying more than i had to just for a reason i think Devs are not woring about LFS , renember 1 years has passed to make a car and psychics and a track, well now imagine s3 how much it will take... and we don´t even now how much longer will take the new update to take so... well i was so happy that a new car was coming but now where is it? .... Well i truly dont know what the devs are upto but i hope is something good....

Unless they start doing the updates more regulary because it gets boring..
maybe 2 dollars but not more.
if lfs team would provide decent racing servers for all classes, various tracks, proper admin watch 24/7, i'd pay some...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG