The online racing simulator

Poll : Following the lines of IRacing, for a month you would be willing to pay?

Closed since :
Nothing
10 dollars
5 dollars
3 dollars
Quote from richard dk :And why do you bother at all about iRacing. You never ever gave the homepage a try.. So let it go....

I won't let it go because you keep calling me stupid for no apparent reason at all. I've made many points to which "you're a bit stupid aren't you" is not an answer. It's hardly my fault that I have some media reading skills is it? What I see here (I feel like I'm repeating myself) is a few simple marketing tricks designed to deceive a potential customer to think iracing is cheaper than it actually is. If you fail to see that, well my caring is beyond imagination, but please refrain from calling people stupid just because they are critical towards salesmen.
I only said once that you was a little bit stupid.... so stop please..

They don`t hide their prices..but why do you care. You started here in this thread to say this "I was just browsing the iracing site and the thing is I would never pay those prices for a game" - so you knew the prices? So maybe you are just a troll...

Imo you was more than critical, you called them morons even you hadn`t looked for information on their site.. Here is what you wrote "It's not that hard to clearly state your pricing and what it includes, bloody morons)." My reaction came after that post..
If you could find out of the LFS homepage you also could with iRacing`s homepage (you don`t need to be an Arabian for that)...if you really wanted that..

You wrote "If someone is stupid enough to buy that load of marketing bullshit, well quite frankly they deserve to be ripped off."
I will for sure buy EVERYTHING - i`m an 100% content owner and you just called me stupid there...
I would be happy to pay more for LFS than 24£. I`m supporting iRacing and LFS... I have 3,5 LFS accounts - just to support LFS... 3 S2 license and 1 S1..... I`m infact the kind of a guy who would even pay 25£ just for one new track in LFS....okay maybe i`m a little bit stupid...
I think the guys have a chance to change the development model with the release of S3.

They should receive a lump of cash from this launch that would allow them to employ a slightly larger team (possibly just designers) to give us a steady output of track and car updates.

At that stage I would be happy to switch to a monthly/yearly payment, that would allow them to continue to grow steadily.

Just please dont go down the route of iRacing and charge for the cars/tracks AND a monthly subscription... its one way or the other.
Quote from ClioTrophy182 :Just please dont go down the route of iRacing and charge for the cars/tracks AND a monthly subscription... its one way or the other.

Hmm, good point. Although I don't agree entirely. I wouldn't have much problems paying for additional content. You want to dive the Scirocco? No problem, cough up £10 and it's yours forever. Want to drive on Rockinham? Only £10 and you can drive on it as much as you want for as long as you want, either offline or online. I think it's only normal that you pay for additional content; the devs have put time and effort into creating it and so they should be rewarded for it. It's the way the world works.

Monthly or yearly fees, though, I do have a problem with. I just cannot come to terms with the concept and it's the reason I'll probably never try iRacing, even though I believe it's currently a magnificent sim and I am confident it will continue to improve at a rate that is infinitely faster than that of LFS' progress.
nono..

monthly/yearly payment... no..

but i would accept to pay another £20 for s3..

after all, s3 only contains "1 track" as far as we know..
$25 for S3, no way i'm paying monthly for a game.
I'm not used to a "pay-per-play" game, I don't know if it will the future, but If I can choose I prefer not to.

What I wouldn't mind is to pay for content. Quality cars and quality licensed tracks for 5-10€. Or maybe "racing class packs", something lika a WTCC pack with four or five models for 10-15€
Like others said before, I would gladly pay for new content. A monthly fee is definitely out of question.
#85 - mdmx
Quote from obsolum :
As things stand now, though, I'm not sure if I would pay for an S2 license if I were a new potential customer. LFS is no longer the simracing pioneer it once was, and the competition is gaining rapidly or has surpassed LFS, depending on who you choose to believe.

So could you tell me what another choices there are to buy, to drive pick-up races and occasional events online? Excluding iRacing, renting is not an option, i'm not that serious sim racer.

And rFactor physics are even worse than current beta state of LFS physics.. so..

Not to defend LFS, but more like finding way out of it. But afaik there simply isn't any option, sad but true. I hope i'm wrong and you can name some serious competitors im not aware of.
Quote from obsolum :And another car.

what car ??

vws is included too s1 and s2 holders..

meens that i dont have to pay for it..
Quote from Mr_Lonely :what car ??

vws is included too s1 and s2 holders..

meens that i dont have to pay for it..

Another as of yet unknown car (so not the VWS). Search and thou shalt find

Alright, I'll give you a push in the right direction
You really havent read anything do you?

From the 1st page..

"One important thing we must mention is that to access Rockingham in LFS, users will need an S3 license. We have added the BMW Sauber F1.06 to the S2 license and will be releasing the VW Scirocco for the S1 license as free updates. We realised that at some point we need to move onto the S3 license and it would be better for the community to be able to start using S3 content sooner rather than later. The current plan is to also include another car in the initial content of the S3 license"
Quote from Xenix74 :Absolutely nothing!

for what the hell i should pay for play ?
For a rich people community ? No thanks, Lfs die for me, when this come true.

a proposal:They want to earn more money ? Why stop LFS on S3 ?
Let the project continue....

Can you show me where they say they stop LFS on S3?
to answer the question:
If i would see LFS in the local game shop, knowing how good it is and get a S2 license, i'd say 59€ (the usual price for a game).
for S1, i'd pay 29€
For S3, since its only 1 track for now, it should be a 9 € update.
why should i read anything from the first page..

when i say something like that, u will always be frendly and give me a hint it thers something i have missed..

lfs love to you bitches..
LFS monthly fee to pay for more programmers and speed up development?

It would make me coming back to LFS
The Dev's have already said they don't want a bigger team.

Unless the new physics coming out are abso****inglutely stellar I'm not going to be spending any more money on something I don't play anymore.
In a hypothetical scenario where LFS's development time was in line with iRacing (new builds seemingly every month and continual content additions), and if they offered similar matchmaking and leagues as iRacing including official servers and special events, then I would pay monthly.

But as it is right now it's not really set up to be a subscription game, so no, I would not pay monthly for LFS in it's current form.
I would stop playing LFS altogether if it went to monthly subscription. LFS is fine as it is and frankly if it wherent for the cheap price i wouldnt even thought about upgrading to full s2. I would however pay an extra 1 time fee for additional content, like high quality tracks and Real life cars.

And ofcourse s3...
Not going to pay a monthly fee for 'soon to be released' content that takes years to be delayed over and over again, and the fact there aren't license fees for tracks and cars.
I think the Op was expecting everyone to vote 3-5 dollars and some 10 to "gas the devs" but it failed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG