The online racing simulator
Dreams??
(94 posts, started )
#26 - STF
The funny part of having a vivid dream is when you realise it is a dream. Then, you can do whatever the hell you want.
This forum may help you a little, may be difficult at first but it`s worth it. With a little practice you can induce it every night.
Some really crazy individuals over there, but you can learn alot by lurking old threads.
Since I started reading up on some things over there, I now actually remember 90% of my dreams, and that was unheard of.. until recently.
Didn`t even know a person can have so many small dreams per night.

In the last few weeks I`ve counted 10-12~ vivid dreams, but I was unable to "wake" myself in all of them, but two. Big grin
Dajmin: I had that loads in secondary school. It was just stuff that was really likely to happen then I went to school and it happened. Had others where the opposite to what I dreamed happened the next day though. It's your brain going through the potential outcomes to prepare you for the day I guess.

STF: Fascinating, may have to read that...
Sex dreams are the best Tilt
Get a room. Razz

I had a nightmare last night, I know it was a nightmare because I woke making funny noises/scream but I don't remember a thing of it Shrug
Ive dreamt three different time that i was killed. I WOKE UP FOOKEN SEWATING. then i tuched my hands to make sure I was really there alive in skin, flesh and bones. I was so flippin frightened i couldnt go back to sleep.

Nice topic!

edit: o yea ive also dreamt about some girl and herr boobs. cant remember anymore atm.
I sometimes have lucid dreams, but I've not yet learnt how to fully control them as when they do happen they take me by surprise
-
(LightBulb) DELETED by LightBulb
Quote from LightBulb :One time i dreamed i had the opportunity to testdrive a touringcar at a racetrack. It was a long trip to the racetrack i when i finally was there, i woke upFrown

Another time i dreamed i was a soldier in Rainbow Six and i was shooting people all the timeCool

That is a sign of too much games.
This Lucid Dreaming stuff is very interesting, I may have to have a browse through...

I often have dreams where I am about to do something great, or something good is about to happen, and then I wake up.

I sometimes have dreams where I have something, then I wake up and it isn't actually there.

Then I get those weird dreams that show the future. Incredible. Nod
I once had a dream that I rented an orange 911 GT3 RS from some rental dealership near the 'Ring, and I even got to drive it all the way to the track. I pulled up to the toll and popped in a special pass that the dealership gave me. Then the gate slowly opened, I revved the engine, dropped the clutch, and woke up.Frown

IMO the best dreams are the ones you know are dreams while you're still in them. Nothing's more fun than being able to do whatever you want with just a thought.
Odd dream I had t'other night:

Walking along road I know, but not even close to anywhere I visit regularly, I see an animal hutch on the narrow stretch of grass running between the road and the pavement. In it are guinea pigs, 2 alive, and 2 dead, and a small-medium grey dog with a slightly-too-large head for its body sat at the front, looking up at me. I decide the dog must have killed the two guinea pigs.

Walk on a little further, turn back and now the dog is out, on the grass between me and the hutch. It then really slowly stands on its hind legs, lifts its front legs out to either side, and with its head at a really odd angle, and holding that pose, it's a Koala bear.
-
(LightBulb) DELETED by LightBulb
Ah, I had another weird one.

It lasted about 5 seconds to me, but I woke up in the morning many hours later Shrug.

I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket, I looked down and...

The second vibration woke me up. Big grin
All dreams are vivid.

It's only the memory you have of them that is blurry and unstable. The way and timing of waking up play a very important role in the way you remember a dream.
I have lots of dreams where i keep falling into endless holes and respawn and fall again.
Repeat
Repeat
Repeat
Repeat
Repeat
Repeat
Repeat
Big grin
I think it's interesting that there are so many people who have these "deja-vu dreams". I have had them too. I think that the brain is not linear, it tricks us into thinking that we perceive the world in a procedural order, but really it's a big tangled mess of abstract connections. The mind is not like a CPU, it doesn't have a central pipe where all instructions are processed. It's more like a multicore processor where everything is executed in parallel and once the processes are finished it tries to sync it all back up. I guess you could say that "deja-vu", or "dream deja-vu", is like a human concurrency error.
#40 - Migz
I remember reading that what Deja Vu possibly was, was just your eyes sending the same thing to your brain twice by accident. So you see it once, then your eyes send it to your brain and sends it again straight away by accident. Which is why you end up thinking "This has happened before"
I had another "future" experience yesterday. Me and couple friends standing chatting around, and it struck me that I "lived" this before. It always makes me smile.

Also, I had this super awesome dream a month ago. I was so bloody pissed off when I woke up half way through it.... Was annoyed for the rest of the day.... Frown
Well I've never had one of these so called Deja-vu dreams. I've had the creepy predict the future ones, as well as the odd lucid dream I've managed to hold onto and control to a small extent, but that's it.
the dreams i hate the most is when you're trying to run away from someone but you just cant move, i used to have that when i was a bit younger not really at all anymore. Some dreams do seem very real sometimes, i guess its just a sign of how active your brain is during sleep as to how real these dreams seem
Quote from Wilko868 :Well I've never had one of these so called Deja-vu dreams. I've had the creepy predict the future ones

That's what I mean by deja-vu dreams. It's when something happens and you go "dude, I dreamt this!"

I should say that I'm not a psychologist, I know nothing about neuroscience or dreams or anything, I'm just thinking out-loud.
Quote from trebor901 :the dreams i hate the most is when you're trying to run away from someone but you just cant move, i used to have that when i was a bit younger not really at all anymore. Some dreams do seem very real sometimes, i guess its just a sign of how active your brain is during sleep as to how real these dreams seem

I also used to get dreams where I am really thirsty but cannot pick up the cup with water. Or you do pick it up, but cant drink it.

Worthy to note, I was thirsty in real life. I woke up and straight away went for a drink. Smile
Quote from DarkTimes :That's what I mean by deja-vu dreams. It's when something happens and you go "dude, I dreamt this!"

I should say that I'm not a psychologist, I know nothing about neuroscience or dreams or anything, I'm just thinking out-loud.

Yeah, I suppose it is kinda the same, but I've never had something that I properly call deja-vu. I call it 'a bloody creepy dream!' usually! Big grin
Quote from trebor901 :the dreams i hate the most is when you're trying to run away from someone but you just cant move, i used to have that when i was a bit younger not really at all anymore.

Exactly the same here... I think once I was being chased around my local park by some vicious monster, and I was trying to run but it didn't do anything Big grin

I don't really get any dreams any more... and if I do they usually involve me thinking i'm falling off the bed, and then waking up to realise I'm not :doh:
Has anyone else dreamed they got up, turned off their alarm clock and fell back asleep? it's happened two or three times this month and each time i actually awake thinking I'm late and essentially go nuts trying to get ready. They third time was acutally quite fun because the adrenline rush I had that got me out of bed an hour earlier than usual.
Quote from DevilDare :Can I say I sometimes see into the future through my dreams?

Its a weird kind of Deja vu experience.

Basically I would have a dream so realistic you wouldnt know the difference. Then couple of weeks later, that event that happened in the dream happens in real life. I had a recet one.

I was talking to my mom in the living room when it struck me this has already happened. I dreamt it.

It always baffles me. It has happened way too often. Shrug

I know some people dream the past, but when I say I dream the future everyone calls me mad. Big grin

I have exactly the same thing, but have a hard time explaining to my friends when i randomly shout " Deja vu"
Dont really ever seems to remember any dreams, exept nightmares....

The "falling" thing i really hates and it happens every 2nd or 3rd night so its quite stubborn.
Another one i seems to have quite randomly is the sensation of being hunted by "something" and i always wake up and cant sleep so i end up listening to music or reading a magazine untill morning...

Then there are the typical "random" nighmares that shows up every now and then...

But apart from the falling and "hunted" sensations nothing really seems to be reoccuring..

Dreams??
(94 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG