The online racing simulator
Agreed Sidious Agreed SO much. I'm trying to find a poster of that scheme for my room
So there's been news that SHR has been putting together a new pit crew, so a third team is very likely. And Kasey Kahne going there for 2011 is also very likely. There are rumors that JR motorsports might field a Sprint Cup car in 2012, and apparantly, Martin is going to drive it.
Yeah, I was just watching Nascar Live and they were interviewing Martin before practice, he said he would definitely be driving in 2012 and beyond so don't even bother asking him about retirement.
Quote from SidiousX :So there's been news that SHR has been putting together a new pit crew, so a third team is very likely. And Kasey Kahne going there for 2011 is also very likely. There are rumors that JR motorsports might field a Sprint Cup car in 2012, and apparantly, Martin is going to drive it.

Quote from UncleBenny :Yeah, I was just watching Nascar Live and they were interviewing Martin before practice, he said he would definitely be driving in 2012 and beyond so don't even bother asking him about retirement.

Quote from SidiousX :Even if JR isn't that good, it would be a horrible decision to fire him. He is the most popular driver in NASCAR, who wouldn't want him on their team? It's not like he's the worst driver in NASCAR, he's just outclassed by his teammates week after week.

Why should he be respected for hes dads death, this is a sport not a pity session.

You don't see Mclaren giving Bruno senna a seat because hes uncle died racing.
-
(14chevy14) DELETED by 14chevy14
Quote from Mustafur :Why should he be respected for hes dads death, this is a sport not a pity session.

You don't see Mclaren giving Bruno senna a seat because hes uncle died racing.

I never said he should be respected because of his dad's death. He joined the sport while his dad was racing, so automatically, he get's alot of respect from Dale SR fans, then when he died, they needed somebody to follow, and JR seemed like a logical choice to them.

I'm not a JR fan, but you have to respect him for what he's been through. And he didn't "get a seat because his (insert family member here) got killed", he was in NASCAR before his father died.
He proved he had talent in 1999/2000 (See Texas 2000 for instance)
Quote from DieKolkrabe :He proved he had talent in 1999/2000 (See Texas 2000 for instance)

Yeah, it's not like he always underperformed, he was pretty good earlier in his career.
Your crazy
yeah, he was good 10/11 years ago so he deserves a seat now..

seriously..
It's driver-to-crew chief chemistry.

2004 Jr and Eury had great chemistry and they finished 3rd(?) in points. Now Jr and Lance McGrew argue like a married couple on the radio most of the time, whereas Chad and Jimmie are always quiet.

They don't flow together, and I think that's why he is doing so poorly compared to the other Hendrick guys because they seem to have good driver-crew chief chemistry.
Quote from Mustafur :yeah, he was good 10/11 years ago so he deserves a seat now..

seriously..

First of all, he didn't do good 10-11 years ago, second of all, he has been doing good more recent than you seem to think. You obviously haven't watched NASCAR for that long.
Quote from SidiousX :First of all, he didn't do good 10-11 years ago, second of all, he has been doing good more recent than you seem to think. You obviously haven't watched NASCAR for that long.

Regardless i still think there are alot of drivers who if where in that seat could do much better.
Fantastic race today!
Quote from Mustafur :Regardless i still think there are alot of drivers who if where in that seat could do much better.

And that doesn't apply to any other category does it?

If he has the will power to drive and a team is willing to let him drive for them, then who are we to criticize that decision? I also guarantee that you could not match his performances from this year if you were in his car.

Schumi isn't doing as good as Rosberg in the Mercedes but then you don't see them wanting to fire him do you?

He must have some potential before they would let him drive for them ..
Quote from wild :And that doesn't apply to any other category does it?

If he has the will power to drive and a team is willing to let him drive for them, then who are we to criticize that decision? I also guarantee that you could not match his performances from this year if you were in his car.

Schumi isn't doing as good as Rosberg in the Mercedes but then you don't see them wanting to fire him do you?

He must have some potential before they would let him drive for them ..

Schumi has only raced in 4 races its not a fair comparison.
JJ 1 more lap woulda had him
Can't believe that I'm starting to hate Hamlin more than Kyle Busch. Gordon had that race won, was hoping to see him pull it off.
In the news today, with much anticipation about where Kasey Kahne will be in 2011, it's been rumored he will sign a one-year deal with the new super-team ineX racing.

None of us have a chance now......
Quote from z-ro 8 :In the news today, with much anticipation about where Kasey Kahne will be in 2011, it's been rumored he will sign a one-year deal with the new super-team ineX racing.

None of us have a chance now......

They found out?
I really feel for Montoya this year, he's had solid runs but seems to have something go wrong at the end of every race. The way things have been going for him, I don't see him recovering enough to make the Chase. Still have a long way to go, but he really needs to turn his luck around.

Quote from SidiousX :Can't believe that I'm starting to hate Hamlin more than Kyle Busch. Gordon had that race won, was hoping to see him pull it off.

Why do you hate Hamlin? While he did only beat Johnson on tire strategy yesterday, I still see Hamlin as one of the few guys who has a chance to beat him in the Chase if everything went his way.
Quote from UncleBenny :I really feel for Montoya this year, he's had solid runs but seems to have something go wrong at the end of every race. The way things have been going for him, I don't see him recovering enough to make the Chase. Still have a long way to go, but he really needs to turn his luck around.

Why do you hate Hamlin? While he did only beat Johnson on tire strategy yesterday, I still see Hamlin as one of the few guys who has a chance to beat him in the Chase if everything went his way.

It just seems that every driver that starts driving for gibbs, starts converting into a whiny little b****.

I used to keep wanting montoya to win, but I gave up, every race it's "it is what it is, it is what it is, it is what it is." He needs to stop making excuses and win a damn race already.
Quote from SidiousX :He needs to stop making excuses and win a damn race already.

He needs to come back to F1. <3

2010 NASCAR Talk
(735 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG