The online racing simulator
Second monitor as mirror - Is it possible?
Hi guys!

I'm not if this is possible to do, but does anyone know how to do this?
Thanks!
I don't have any experience with using multiple monitors, but couldn't you set the mirror monitor to show a custom view looking backwards though the car?
Quote from JO53PHS :I don't have any experience with using multiple monitors, but couldn't you set the mirror monitor to show a custom view looking backwards though the car?

For my experience, no. It only allows you to show sideways... But someone else here, said it would be possible using Nvidia properties. But didnt specify how...
If this was possible, it would be very useful, don't you think?
anyone know if it is possible?
I don't know, but the readme (or the old Z28 post, I don't remember) says LFS now supports up to 11 simultaneous screens for a full 360° view...
I'm also interested in this sort of setup, 2 monitors, 1 main and 1 mirror.
In fact, I've been looking for a way to use my secondary monitor (15" LCD) with LFS, but I still can't find anything that would enhance the experience for me.

Main problem is that my main is a 24", so the difference between the two monitors makes it impossible to use them combined for a larger view (yes, I tried, more than I can or wish to remember).
All applications that show info outside LFS are useless to me, as I can see the same stuff in LFS while playing.

Just for the record, my main LFS activities are cruise & more serious racing (FB1, UF1/UFR, GTR's).

This is a list of stuff I had hoped to put on my secondary monitor:
- Vehicle data (tires, suspension, clutch... like F9-12 and shift-L stuff)
- Overview of players and any useful info about them (car, status, position, ...)
- Bigger map (So I can disable it on main monitor)
- Chat and similar stuff that I like to see, but oftenly distracts me.
- Different views (as if I would spectate myself, but in a different view, as I like to drive cockpit view, but on 1 monitor I have no idea what's happening around me unless I use the look left/right buttons and then crash into things).
- Mirrors and/or small sideviews.

List goes on into infinity...

So far NONE of this can be shown on my second monitor.
The only thing that isn't 100% absolutely impossible is the mirror/sideway view, tho I fail to achieve this without making LFS completely unplayable.

So... if anyone knows how to accomplish this or anything else mentioned in my post, free cookies.
I would love all those things .
Quote from Shagrathx :Bigger map (So I can disable it on main monitor)

You could maybe run LFS remote on the second monitor to show the "bigger map"...maybe...
EQ Worry's Aonio app also shows lots of info, I don't know if/how it runs on a separate monitor though...
Quote from Ripley :You could maybe run LFS remote on the second monitor to show the "bigger map"...maybe...
EQ Worry's Aonio app also shows lots of info, I don't know if/how it runs on a separate monitor though...

Few servers support LFS Remote, a shame, but nice where it's available.
Honestly I never came across that Aonio app before, but I downloaded it and gave it a quick shot. Looks good and has potential... love the ability and depth of configuration possibilities.

Tho I still don't have a use for my second monitor, my main got even better.
Thanks for the info!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG