The online racing simulator
"early 2009" is over
(47 posts, closed, started )
#1 - Xone
"early 2009" is over
Cmon dude, we have such a big patches this year.. We got new dashboards in xrt what else do u want??
#3 - Xone
you mean new blinker and headlights/rearlight?

WOW
looks like someone hasn't read the news page lately...

let me reiterate:

Quote :Fri, Aug 21st, 2009 20:30

Many community members have been wondering what happened to the release of the new VW Scirocco and why there was no news about it.
Here are the reasons why :

While we were working on the Scirocco in December, we found that we could not make the LFS model handle as well as the real car. One of the reasons for this was that the LFS tyres had too much grip and this was causing the inside wheels to lose too much load while cornering. But simply reducing the grip would not have been a good approach... the result would have been just the same old LFS but at lower speeds.

We decided to look into a completely new core tyre model.

There is quite a bit of refinement to be done and other aspects of car physics to update. Also the traction control and stability control of the VW Scirocco still need to be updated. So we cannot yet give a release date. This news item is intended as a progress report and to assure you that Live for Speed will be better when you do get the update!

#6 - 5haz
Oh boo hoo. :rolleyes:
wow...the year hasn't even started and the Scirocco moaners are out in force with their non-stop bitching. Just shut up already, it's not like the new patch is coming sooner!
Quote from ales_m :cmon dude, we have such a big patches this year.. We got new dashboards in xrt what else do u want??

:d
Quote from Xone :is early 2009 now early 2010?

No ,it is autumn 2008 because of climate change.
I just don't get it... why do we have to moan about the moaners. Just leave threads like this alone and let them moan until they get blue. If it's to much the moderators will close the thread anyways... just ignore the thread all together.... the moaners moaners just keep threads like this alive

~b
You'll notice that the article in the OP says "we plan to", not "we will". Plans change, as per the post that bunder quoted.

I plan on being at work tomorrow, but I might get killed crossing the road either tonight or on the way tomorrow. As a result, and not necessarily any fault of my own, that wouldn't happen.
Oh no stop defending what is not undefensable...

Asking on 2010 for a thing which would have been made on early 2009 is not to be a moaner, and having a notice about new tyre physics 6 months ago is not an excuse... Volkswagen is going to release another Scirocco when finally Devs wanna place it on LFS...
:munching_waiting for the first demoer in this thread.
and op you think making a thread they will sudennly release it yes we all want a new car but they dont listen to us moaning
All different topic names... While all of the topics are the same... Stop it already, it's getting banal... Plus all of the moaners will be soo happy, that when the VWS and other stuff are out they will start worshiping the devs... 5 days after they will be asking what the next update is gonna be and when it's coming but each and every one of them will do it in his own thread(maybe it makes you feel special when you create a new thread?). I got 4 letters for that: DULL.
I love the enthusiasm.
This year is now 368 days old !

Site needs updating.
Quote from Xone :is early 2009 now early 2010?

http://liveforspeed.li.funpic.de/

And you still belive Xone that they will release it soon????? Buahahahaaaa!!! the first best joke off 2010...... Wait to update ALL WHEELS\INTERIORS\PHYSICS in game and then we talk about VW Scirocco (which I don't care anymore for that I already drove the real one)

@ all the other I want to say as a DEMO racer\user that I agree with the fact that the LFS dev team is only 3 ppl and its not their only job but still they could release patches with the update of wheels(XFG have the same since 0.4DT) or something so no moaners should.........moan?

Edit: Thats me you mendalist!!!!

*post comment before moders close it*
Quote from SouvlakiTheBest :Wait to update ALL WHEELS\INTERIORS\PHYSICS in game and then we talk about VW Scirocco

Edit: Thats me you mendalist!!!!

2 Questions:

Why you waiting for "ALL" ,if you can have "ALL" in 1 Day ? :bullwhip:

What is a mendalist ?
At the end of the day guys, they're either not going to read the post - or they're going to read the post and lose morale reading things you write about them. I'm not saying you should right positive things about things you disagree with, but its better to say nothing at all than to insult peoples work. It doesnt help or solve any of the problems that exist within LFS. You have to remember the LFS dev's arnt robots, they're real people, and paying for an S2 license doesn't mean you're able to slag off their work and constantly pester them as some people in this forum do at the moment, if I was in there situation and actually read this stuff I would be on the verge of a mental breakdown, how can they code under such circumstances? Enjoy the game it is at the moment, look forward to the new patch whenever it comes and if you get bored of LFS while that happens then so be it, go play so - PLEASE.

Look at it this way instead, how many people can honestly say the VW would be there favourite car for more than a month with confidence? I would expect a very low number. The tyre physics are what I look forward to and they wernt announced back in early 09 were they? No they wern't. I understand fustration but that isnt the ticket to slag off other peoples work, nothing gives you that right I'm afraid.

The game you have at the moment is a good game in its own right, and dev's are trying to improve it. Constantly moaning isnt creative, and I wouldn't be suprised if that was the thing that breaks this game, and thats your fault - not the dev's fault for developing slowly. At the end of the day they get money for this and are not going to deliberately slow the process down, they're going to do as good a job as they can. If you can do a better job then please make a new game, I would love to play a game that can beat LFS at its own game it would be amazing, but until then don't moan. It's not pleasant for the dev's to read these things after they work for however many years on a game. So shhh
:feedtroll
Wow....

Your life must now be meaningless since Scirocco was not released in 09.

Get a grip people....
Happy Newyear to you aswell
This thread is closed

"early 2009" is over
(47 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG