The online racing simulator
LFS Photomode Competition Round 53: Close Racing Action

This weeks theme is... "Close Racing Action".

Rules: (made by Dmt, these will not be changed)

Edit a screenshot showing the action of a close race (close fights, lock ups etc.), for example:

http://www.ibcholdings.com.au/cars/sierra/images/mallala.jpg
http://www.corbisimages.com/im ... D4-46C4-B8E1-CEBFDA1DD8E1
http://www.drivearabia.com/new ... 09/10/brawn-gp-brazil.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com ... 2631271473_7dc5955e48.jpg

Cars: All Cars
Tracks: All Tracks

As usual, a preview pic of no bigger than 400 x 400 px , a link to the high res version and please write 'Final Entry' if it is so. Once you have posted your final entry, any edited posts will be removed from the competition.

Any entries with preview pictures bigger than 400 x 400 px will not be accepted

All entrants to post between the time of this post and 22:00 GMT on 8th January 2010

No renders or old images to be used. Use only your own work. NO VOB MODS!

Thanks and good luck to all.
Well here is my entry.
Attached images
Photomode comp lo-res.jpg
Photomode comp hi-res.jpg
Quote from JO53PHS :

This weeks theme is... "Close Racing Action".

Rules: (made by Dmt, these will not be changed)

Edit a screenshot showing the action of a close race (close fights, lock ups etc.), for example:

Calm down guys, Size 7 should only be used to start nuclear wars
Hmm, pretty good theme. I might try something, finally. Haven't entered these competitions for quite a long time.
I hope, I won't forget about it
Quote from brandons48 :...

Still, the MAIN theme is close racing, or are you too dumb to understand that?
Quote from nikopdr :Still, the MAIN theme is close racing, or are you too dumb to understand that?

Look at example #2 and #4. Show one car that is braking.
Jeez Niko, chillax. I'm pretty sure we are allowed to do lock up edits, as it says in the pics/rules. Maybe you should have kept your old name, LFSn00b. It suits you more.
Quote from nikopdr :Still, the MAIN theme is close racing, or are you too dumb to understand that?

Christ almighty...

the RULES clearly state, that we are to depict the action of a close race, including, as I quoted before LOCK UPS.

And, also as Furiously-Fast and Bose have said, look at the example pictures. Number 2 and 4 - Wheels locking up under hard braking.

Now, are YOU too dumb to understand THAT?
Quote from brandons48 :Christ almighty...

the RULES clearly state, that we are to depict the action of a close race, including, as I quoted before LOCK UPS.

And, also as Furiously-Fast and Bose have said, look at the example pictures. Number 2 and 4 - Wheels locking up under hard braking.

Now, are YOU too dumb to understand THAT?

IMO, Close racing action, it defines 2 or more cars racing closely. I did not see the URLs for examples, but looking at the examples I do not consider that close racing. If there was a second car next to it, it would be better.

Now dont get your panties in a bunch - This is my POV, i will stick to it, goodbye.
Quote from nikopdr :Now dont get your panties in a bunch - This is my POV, i will stick to it, goodbye.

Woah, hey, calm down. That's your point of view, fine I respect that, I was just expressing my side of it.
Dmt's original idea was simply 'Tyre lockups under braking'. I thought this was a bit too limited so said that we should expand it to close racing action.

Maybe I should have called it simply 'Racing Action', but whether your close racing action involves 1 car or 32 cars, it doesn't really matter.
On that note, here is my Final Entry.

High ---------------------- Low
Attached images
ALockupHIGH.jpg
ALockupLOW.jpg
Quote from brandons48 :On that note, here is my Final Entry.

High ---------------------- Low

95% front brake bias?
Quote from Seb66 :95% front brake bias?

Yes actually - I made the setup especially for that picture to get the weight transfer
Very nice edit.
brandon - Nice edit. I'll have to work hard on this one, or I'm not a competition here.
Haha thanks, go for it! It sucks if no one else puts effort in.
A little offtopic - can I make a thread with rankings of all competitors so far? Like Lynce did in the past. It would be interesting to see who leads it all
I don't see why not, it would be interesting to see how i'm progressing Go for it!
Or I can make a google spreadsheet and it will be published in the 1st post in every round.
Either is good You won't know how it'll go unless you try it
Right, I'm working on a spreadsheet now.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG