The online racing simulator
Where's the shift light?
(103 posts, started )
Quote from bbman :Hold on, first you tell us the advantage of perfect shifting is negligible, now you say that every bit - however small it might be - is important... What's it gotta be now?

I re-read my posts, and couldn't find where I have said that it's unimportant. The better the shift (the speed of the shift, the timing of the shift against revs) the less time you lose. The difference between a poor shift and a great one is very small, but it's still time to be saved.

No point finishing 2nd by one second when you could win by 2 seconds...
Quote from tristancliffe :Shifting 0.2 seconds late probably costs in the region of 0.0000001 seconds per lap.

Added up, that doesn't make even one thousandth of a second over the course of a 24h race...

Quote from tristancliffe :[...] like shifting better (0.05 seconds per lap), [...]

Now it's 5 hundreths per lap all of a sudden...

Quote from tristancliffe :No point finishing 2nd by one second when you could win by 2 seconds...

And finally it's worth 3 seconds over the course of a race... Come on Tristan, I know you can do better than that - pick one and stick with it...

Where's the shift light?
(103 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG